Cleaning animals on fs19

The.EuroFarmer

Re: Cleaning animals on fs19

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

thumbwiz wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:22 pm
Don't worry, you haven't offend me :lol:

I said I wont continue on this, but I think you misunderstood me when I said about free planet. When I mentioned that we live in a free planet I meant that we are free to express ourselves, we are free to say our opinion, we are free to do whatever we want, we are free to have any principles we want, we are free to deny, we are free to have ideas, we are free to decide, we are free to have plans, dreams etc.

Of course there are countries under occupation and of course wars will continue happening.

Anyway, I hope right now you understood what I meant about free planet, and yes this is the last time I will continue on this.

As I said you haven't offended me, but I wanted to clear out this misunderstanding :smileynew:

Happy Farming
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

In FS17 there was a mod (can't remember the name), it was a robot that would go back and forward over the feeding area and clean it. What he picked up, went back into the feeding. You only had to set it on Hired Helper, after you (re)started the game. No more losing cleanliness. But the straw of wood chip trick I will try. I am going to have cows. With the giant cow shed mod. Only that is a pain in the rear to place on the standard map, where I want it. Not on a field I own and still using.
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

I could never get the Juno to work. But still is a great mod (or well idea in my case). If it does get converted I'll really try and get it to work
G'day
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

@ Husqvarna TS 352

If they will convert the mod for FS19, I would gladly help you to make it work. The trick was to place it in the middle of the feeding area and arrange its width, which means the distance you want it to travel to and from the middle, and with this way the robot was traveling between the cleaning area.

Of course, every time you restarted the game you should get into the robot and drive it to the middle of the feeding area, therefore the helper you re-employ to travel between the feeding area. As I said I would gladly help you to set it up if they convert it for FS19.

One thing I noticed in FS17 was if you were using Seasons mod, then it wasn't a good idea to use the robot, because in Seasons mod the machine's maintenance costs were increasing dramatically and by the end of the Season year the expenses you should pay to keep the robot and the hired helper were more than if you left the animals without cleaning, because it was cheaper to loose productivity than keep the robot :)
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:24 am
One thing I noticed in FS17 was if you were using Seasons mod, then it wasn't a good idea to use the robot, because in Seasons mod the machine's maintenance costs were increasing dramatically and by the end of the Season year the expenses you should pay to keep the robot and the hired helper were more than if you left the animals without cleaning, because it was cheaper to loose productivity than keep the robot :)
There was a maintenance station that came with the mod that took away the maintenance cost. As far as I know this worked in seasons too.
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

@ Rasping rabbit

Yes, there was a charging station which was giving a fixed price of 120 per day in the three difficulty settings ( 5 per hour x 24= 120 ). The maintenance cost of the robot was 120 per day but in Seasons the cost was increasing, therefore the charging station with its 120 wasn't covering the maintenance cost. What you could do was to edit the charging station to give x10 or x20 :)
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

It would be pretty cool if Giants included Lely Juno in the core game with the animal pen placeable. Maybe even have a trigger for it where you could enable it for a small daily fee, or disable it if you wanted to clean manually. Players wouldn't have to configure its area of operation, and therefore wouldn't have the bother of tabbing to it.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:13 am There isn’t an option to turn off cleaning animal troughs and asking someone to tell you WHY you are doing something, especially the way it was worded, implies that it’s a silly thing to do. Cleaning the animal troughs can become tedious and some people don’t want to do it. There - answered.
Yes, there isn't an option to turn off cleaning animal troughs. Why would you need it?
And, yes, it IS a silly thing to do. You saying that my asking is implying it is silly implies it isn't a silly thing to do. Your ignoring the option of "Turn off the computer" indicates it too is a silly thing to do. Since they're both silly, why not do the turn off thing?

And why does me saying it is a silly thing to do (and I give why I think that: you COULD try countering that to show I'm belittling the problem and if there isn't a problem, then by definition doing this is a silly thing) mean you cannot say WHY you do it?

Is it because you think it is silly too? I mean, we all know it is a single player game, so if you want to do a silly thing,then you are 100% permitted by yourself to do whatever silly thing you desire.

It's the big bonus of a single player game. There's no cheating because you're just playing the game differently.

So, we have out of the way the "it's a silly thing". You haven't explained how it isn't a silly thing, and you still have not said why you are doing it.

"Because I want to" is a silly non reason.

"Because I like to do this small cheat since it feels like I'm getting one up on this computer" is a silly reason. But it IS still a reason.

If you are embarrassed by the reason you have for doing it, then that isn't my fault for asking why and you're just embarrassing yourself flailing around trying to not answer it. You only avoid answers when you're ashamed of them.

Are you ashamed of why you want to block one of the few mechanics for animal husbandry in the game?

Why?

It's a singleplayer game.

Even if you have a bad reason, all I'm asking is what that reason is.
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

Guil wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:52 pm You have a few options. Engage in the forum without acting like a troll or else you will be added to the pre-moderated queue or banned
I did engage. And I am not acting like a troll.
Edit by Guil, have a nice time in the post queue.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Someone needs a "vacation" really bad ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

W1der wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:22 pm Someone needs a "vacation" really bad ... :lol:
Nah, gill needs to stop and reflect more on what is there rather than how he feels BEFORE he goes all power flinging. A moderator may deserve some respect for their responsiblities, but one who doesn't bother thinking before hurling their privilege around deserves contempt.

So, yeah, don't think gill needs vacation.

If you meant me, then you're acting the troll.

'course gill won't see that, since he's already invested in a certain story being present and not pandering to his privileges isn't going to win him over. 'cept I couldn't give a flying dingoe's doodah about privileges and I don't need to post here, so there's no threat possible to me here.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Ffs he’s back!
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

*eating popcorn and mildly amused*
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Aholz89 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:36 pm *eating popcorn and mildly amused*
Be careful mate he’ll analyse that!