Re:American Maps

Addictedtofs

Re: Re:American Maps

Post by Addictedtofs »

Ravenport is most likely supposed to be California, specifically the central valley region near the coast.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
iB055

Post by iB055 »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:28 am You said it wasn't American, I quoted you saying that. I was wondering what you would consider an American map to look like? Westbridge or Goldcrest, they were pretty American, or not?
Westbridge felt more American. GCV was closer than Ravenport.

The farm on the FS19 main screen or the farm from the intro I would say are very American however that is not what we got.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Yeh Ravenport is not what you'd picture when you are asked "what does a farm in America look like." I get what your saying🐱
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
ALVINLEESISSUM

Post by ALVINLEESISSUM »

It wouldn't be that bad if you could clean Ravenport up. You're stuck with broken down cars, tires, bathtubs, rusty metal. And a fence you can't put anything in it. It's an eyesore.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

We do have Welker Farms coming. That should be fun. I thought Giants was working on Westbridge as well(not sure on that though). I’d love to see Lone Oak come to FS19, but doesn’t sound like that’s gonna happen. If you want big fields now on console Bartelshagen has those. I’m enjoying it.
Last edited by GrimGandalf on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
bader420

Post by bader420 »

What about a Canadian map please
STL

Post by STL »

JohnDeereLimo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm Ravenport and Grizzly Mountain are in America. Maybe think about what goes into making a map, and the fact modders don't get paid, next time you want to demand something you aren't willing to make for yourself.
Somebody asking for "2 American maps please". Is your idea of somebody being demanding? I take it you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, with your panties in a twist.

I've been in every state in America, and can't even imagine where Ravenport is meant to represent. All the trash suggests California, or Oregon. The lighthouse would fit in those states too. Since most of their fields are considerably flatter, and larger. Ravenport isn't a very good representation, if that's where it's meant to represent.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Westbridge hills was probably the best GIANTS-made American maps in Farming Simulator ever. It wasn't elaborate, but it was simple and it was enjoyable to play. For me atleast. I played on Ravenport only a very short amount of time before I decided I didn't like the map at all. I'm sitting here as i'm writing this trying to think of something I liked about Ravenport, and I really can't think of anything at all.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

welker farms is coming :)
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

STL wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:55 am
JohnDeereLimo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm Ravenport and Grizzly Mountain are in America. Maybe think about what goes into making a map, and the fact modders don't get paid, next time you want to demand something you aren't willing to make for yourself.
Somebody asking for "2 American maps please". Is your idea of somebody being demanding? I take it you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, with your panties in a twist.

I've been in every state in America, and can't even imagine where Ravenport is meant to represent. All the trash suggests California, or Oregon. The lighthouse would fit in those states too. Since most of their fields are considerably flatter, and larger. Ravenport isn't a very good representation, if that's where it's meant to represent.
The way it was written could be seen as demanding (and that's how I read it aswell)

Guess it is a matter of interpretation?
But let's be honest. The OP could have worded it a bit better.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Pafarmer wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:40 am What part of Pa?
I know this wasn't directed to me, but Mercer County here, between Erie and Pittsburgh.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
bader420

Post by bader420 »

What about a Canadian map
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

bader420 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:11 pm What about a Canadian map
Asking the same question over and over is not going to get you a response, and is going to get people riled up at you. Does asking "Are we there yet?" in the back of the car a thousand times make you arrive at Disneyland any faster??

What about a Canadian map? Same answer as for every other type of map. If there is one in the testing list, that means there is one coming. If there isn't, and you haven't seen any specific announcements from any specific modders, then it's anyone's guess. Maps take a lot of work and time to create and test, and modders do so for free basically out of the goodness of their hearts in their spare time. Be patient and constructive and eventually there will probably be lots of great maps available just like there was in 17.
bader420

Post by bader420 »

Ok where is this list of mods that are in testing
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

bader420 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 pm Ok where is this list of mods that are in testing
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=140422
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR