Re:American Maps

nase1

Re:American Maps

Post by nase1 »

When are we here in America going to get a good American Maps we need at less two
nase1

Re: Re:American Maps

Post by nase1 »

Need two American Maps Please
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

Ravenport and Grizzly Mountain are in America. Maybe think about what goes into making a map, and the fact modders don't get paid, next time you want to demand something you aren't willing to make for yourself.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

JohnDeereLimo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm Ravenport and Grizzly Mountain are in America. Maybe think about what goes into making a map, and the fact modders don't get paid, next time you want to demand something you aren't willing to make for yourself.
Ravenport isn't American lol. Grizzly Mnt. is logging not farming. And based on what I read the op asked a question and wasn't demanding anything.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Been on Michigan since it came out.

Click on "Shop Now" button for download

https://m.facebook.com/BTaylorFarms/?re ... _tn__=%2Cg
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Problem is there are tons of Americans maps. However since the Europeans seems to make better quality stuff (in everything) they go the extra mile to get the map perfect and extra work to get it out for consoles. I salute them and their hard work. No offence to non-European map makers, but numbers don't lie. There are tons of Euro maps that were out for 17 and only a handful of American. (for consoles)

I don't expect a European to make an American map. But it would be nice to get some of the aleady made American maps fit for console. Maybe they are already doing that. Here's hoping
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

iB055 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:07 pm
JohnDeereLimo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm Ravenport and Grizzly Mountain are in America. Maybe think about what goes into making a map, and the fact modders don't get paid, next time you want to demand something you aren't willing to make for yourself.
Ravenport isn't American lol.
There was an entire thread about whether or not the trash in Ravenport was a dig at America or not. I've only ever heard it described as an American map. You can also farm on grizzly once you take off your dress and clear a plot.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

hey now.. u can comfortably operate a tractor in a dress.. ive done it many times thank u :biggrin2:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I don't farm in real life but play FS wearing my kilt and I live in PA
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

What part of Pa?
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

JohnDeereLimo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:21 pm
There was an entire thread about whether or not the trash in Ravenport was a dig at America or not. I've only ever heard it described as an American map. You can also farm on grizzly once you take off your dress and clear a plot.
Exactly, so where IS the Ravenport map based? the fictional map has to be inspired from some location? A clue would be the American flags everywhere but hey, if you say so, I guess Ravenport isn't American. You'd know better than anyone😼
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:52 am

Exactly, so where IS the Ravenport map based? the fictional map has to be inspired from some location? A clue would be the American flags everywhere but hey, if you say so, I guess Ravenport isn't American. You'd know better than anyone😼
i think it's to be on the west cost.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:52 am

@TaintedBlackCat
I'm not really sure who your comment is directed towards.

People seem to think Ravenport is an American based map but if that is the case then it would suggest it's somewhere on the west coast based the lighthouse and beaches and even mountains however the ground textures look more like the south west such as Arizona or New Mexico but the lack of cacti say otherwise. Ravenport does not have or show the actual types of crops grown in either of those regions. So where exactly in America is Ravenport from?

A majority of people tend to think of an American farming map as one based on the heartland (east of the Rocky Mnts) which is confirmed by the various kinds of America style maps being created by certain mappers. These are the types of "American" maps that people want to see especially on consoles.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

You said it wasn't American, I quoted you saying that. I was wondering what you would consider an American map to look like? Westbridge or Goldcrest, they were pretty American, or not?
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

West bridge was pretty solid for an American map goldcrest was a good map but since I’ve never been close enough to the Rockies to see farm country out there for comparison to goldcrest, my thing with ravenport is it feels like so much of a blend of areas that it lost its identity and doesn’t know what part of America to be located in, I’m using it as my test map for 19 but I don’t think I’ll use it beyond that