Tree Planting

OLD FUELWOOD

Tree Planting

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

what is the spacing of the damcon PL-75 tree planter,and is it adjustable?
:wink:
beginner
reallogger

Re: Tree Planting

Post by reallogger »

OLD FUELWOOD wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm what is the spacing of the damcon PL-75 tree planter,and is it adjustable?
Default tree spacing is 10 m and not adjustable.

In Seasons you will be able to adjust tree spacing as tree growth is space dependent. :)
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

Thanks for the quick reply!...could you elaborate a little more on "in seasons" and how that adjustment works? I've planted over 5,000 tree's for dangle head harvester, but i'm finding them too close for fixed head harvester. also what is max size diameter tree growth.
beginner
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Season, a mod for FS17 that will come to FS19 when it is ready
https://youtu.be/b4u6Vz1aAvA

In Seasons the tree growth was limited if trees were planted too close. You could plant with distances from 1 m to 10 m.

By the sounds of your last post you are looking to plant at even greater distances than 10 m?
OLD FUELWOOD

Post by OLD FUELWOOD »

I was thinking 3-4 m would be a good distance vs the 10m so it would be the same distance square and it does not matter which direction your harvester cuts it when its in rows.
that video link is amazing and so is this game as i'm a former timber cutter and wanted to learn the machine way of cutting. there is so much to this game it's mind boggling!!!

*thumbsup*
beginner
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

You can always lift up and then lower where you want to plant the trees
G'day
empato

Post by empato »

reallogger wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:34 pm
OLD FUELWOOD wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm what is the spacing of the damcon PL-75 tree planter,and is it adjustable?
Default tree spacing is 10 m and not adjustable.

In Seasons you will be able to adjust tree spacing as tree growth is space dependent. :)
Do you mean it`will be adjustable in FS19, or is it already adjustable in FS17? I`m still playing FS17, but when I plant trees, the planter always leaves 10 m between the trees. How can I adjust this?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

empato wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 am Do you mean it`will be adjustable in FS19, or is it already adjustable in FS17? I`m still playing FS17, but when I plant trees, the planter always leaves 10 m between the trees. How can I adjust this?
Both. It will be adjustable in FS19 and is adjustable in FS17. Away from pc atm and can't remember what button changing planting distance was assigned to. Youre on pc right? If you look in inputBindings.xml you should find it there.
empato

Post by empato »

reallogger wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 am
empato wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 am Do you mean it`will be adjustable in FS19, or is it already adjustable in FS17? I`m still playing FS17, but when I plant trees, the planter always leaves 10 m between the trees. How can I adjust this?
Both. It will be adjustable in FS19 and is adjustable in FS17. Away from pc atm and can't remember what button changing planting distance was assigned to. Youre on pc right? If you look in inputBindings.xml you should find it there.
Yes, I`m on PC. Will take a look for it. Thanks for your reply.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

empato wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 am
It is in the F1 menu for the tree planter. I also cannot recall which key it is mapped to by default :blushnew: but it shows the key in the F1 menu. Pressing it cycles spacing from 2-10m in 1m increments.

I use 2m spacing to plant "hedges" as decorative field borders where the trees will not grow very tall, 6m where I plan to thin every second tree at mid-growth, and 10m where I am planting for full-size large-scale harvesting.

In 17 with Seasons only at the moment, as described above. I imagine Seasons 19 will be a similar mechanic but probably even awesomer :lol:
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Another alternative would be to plant one edge of your field with trees, then at the end, run a second line perpendicular to the first. You now have markers (the new trees) to set you up to evenly space out your follow-on rows to achieve your desired grid-style planting.
empato

Post by empato »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:39 pm
empato wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 am
It is in the F1 menu for the tree planter. I also cannot recall which key it is mapped to by default :blushnew: but it shows the key in the F1 menu. Pressing it cycles spacing from 2-10m in 1m increments.

I use 2m spacing to plant "hedges" as decorative field borders where the trees will not grow very tall, 6m where I plan to thin every second tree at mid-growth, and 10m where I am planting for full-size large-scale harvesting.

In 17 with Seasons only at the moment, as described above. I imagine Seasons 19 will be a similar mechanic but probably even awesomer :lol:
Honestly I never looked at the F1 menu during planting. Was not aware that distance can be changed manually, so I never opened the F1 menu. Played around 1500 hours until now, and still learn new things...
Thanks for your tip.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

reallogger wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm Season, a mod for FS17 that will come to FS19 when it is ready

In Seasons the tree growth was limited if trees were planted too close. You could plant with distances from 1 m to 10 m.
Could there be a possibility of a wild tree growth script?
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:43 am
reallogger wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm Season, a mod for FS17 that will come to FS19 when it is ready

Could there be a possibility of a wild tree growth script?
How do you know there isn't wild tree growth in the base game? Since most trees typically take 40+ years to grow. :)
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:43 am Could there be a possibility of a wild tree growth script?
I made such a mod for FS17 actually. :biggrin2:

Will see if it can be ported at some point.