Xbox MOD news

OlD MrD

Xbox MOD news

Post by OlD MrD »

Some general good MOD news for Xbox platform.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6465093/

Do we think this helps FS? Or will the less supported PS network keep hampering the Xbox?

Is it time to split the modhub into Xbox & PS rather than just console!?!!
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
eric21

Re: Xbox MOD news

Post by eric21 »

It only applies to Paradox though
markare

Post by markare »

If they are able to get a deal then any other developer can.

It's good news for Xbox and the future, but like the mouse and keyboard support it is up to the Devs to implement it in the end.

Please giants follow the footsteps of paradox. Open a lot more options for users and cut down the amount of effort you need to test mods for consoles. It's a win win situation
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

That's what i been saying all along they should do. Interesting lol. Anyhow, it seems Giants is either starting to "get it", or possibly 'got it" all along. Good news for them and we console players. At least on Xbox for now.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Giants have always kept consoles the same however. So xbox and ps4 get the same mods and won't favour one over the other content wise
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
markare

Post by markare »

Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:54 pm That's what i been saying all along they should do. Interesting lol. Anyhow, it seems Giants is either starting to "get it", or possibly 'got it" all along. Good news for them and we console players. At least on Xbox for now.
This isn't giants , it's paradox the publisher of cities skyline.

But it opens up the possibility of others doing the same thing
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

"Or will the less supported PS network keep hampering the Xbox?"

Less supported means more games and better framerates apparently. Have fun with your 3 exclusives that aren't even fun.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

JohnDeereLimo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 pm "Or will the less supported PS network keep hampering the Xbox?"

Less supported means more games and better framerates apparently. Have fun with your 3 exclusives that aren't even fun.
Woohoo! Let's finally have a console vs console flame war! Leave PC out of it completely for a change. This will be great *thumbsup*
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

Comparing PC to consoles is like comparing Mike Schmidt to a tee-ball rookie. Apples and oranges.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

markare wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:06 pm
Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:54 pm That's what i been saying all along they should do. Interesting lol. Anyhow, it seems Giants is either starting to "get it", or possibly 'got it" all along. Good news for them and we console players. At least on Xbox for now.
This isn't giants , it's paradox the publisher of cities skyline.

But it opens up the possibility of others doing the same thing
Right, i mean always said they needed an outside consultant to create these things, and maybe this is a way. But tbh, i'm probably more excited about this for other games than even FS.

Mount and Blade Warband was ported over, but the best thing about that game was the Mods, which of course we didn't get. I mean they have everything, wild west, civil war, revolutionary war, ww1. I mean they have mods for every niche on that game lol. Maybe they can bring it over.

I think they're all gearing up for next gen. Those new machines are probably going to be like quasi steam boxes. Maybe Microsoft will give us a Win 10 desktop, or maybe a deal with Gabe for a Steam App. He has all that competition with that new rival store.
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

JohnDeereLimo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 pm "Or will the less supported PS network keep hampering the Xbox?"

I was not getting into which console or games available question.

More the as reported limiting rules from Sony it is more widely reported they Sony are the ones who don’t allow mods, scripts, historically against cross play etc.

This is changing though and it seems at least in the media that the cross play between pc’s Xbox and mobile platforms has pushed Sony to join the party.

So as the original point was asking MODs starting to be allowed in other games does this give us more hope for less limitations on the mod hub in the future. With the added question will this also move to Sony?

Or will we all be playing using streaming games services that are platform agnostic (other than thin client) and all actually be playing the “PC” version in the cloud anyway?
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

markare wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:44 pm
but like the mouse and keyboard support it is up to the Devs to implement it in the end.
At least it’s not just me that finds it very odd that FS17 without “Xbox keyboard support” keyboards worked fine & now in the brave new world of keyboard support on Xbox, FS19 it doesn’t work!

Hopefully it will come out in a “landscaping” like patch along with crossplay and connecting consoles to dedicated servers :shock:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

OlD MrD wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm Some general good MOD news for Xbox platform.

Do we think this helps FS? Or will the less supported PS network keep hampering the Xbox?

This does not mean you’ll get every mod that’s on PC, plus there will still be licensing that will stop non brand mods from being available.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

OlD MrD wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm Some general good MOD news for Xbox platform.

“a choice not to use my PC and relax on the sofa”

I chill out on my sofa using my PC everyday.

The notion that you can’t play a PC on your sofa is strange. :hmm:
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Another article on it:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02/ ... irst-time/

As a PC player I would love to see this happen on both consoles, or on Xbox at the very least, for FS. While I sort of understand the reasoning behind Sony and MS's decision to keep mods off their consoles, why they wouldn't want to reach a broader audience is beyond me. Further, why a developer, like Giants, that realizes that mods are a big part of their game isn't pounding on Sony's and MS's door to allow this is baffling. Hopefully, this signifies the floodgates opening a bit.
Playing on PC