FS19: Things that I like & the things I don't

Japeli

FS19: Things that I like & the things I don't

Post by Japeli »

It's been about 4 months playing the game and I think it's time for me to sum up the pros and cons about the game. I try not to talk too much about all the bugs and glitches, 'cause they can hopefully be fixed sooner or later, so this thread is more about general things. To clarify, I'm playing on PS4, latest update 1.2.

Things I like: *thumbsup*
-The new features
Such as cotton, horses etc. It gives even more ways to play the game and that's great

-The lighting system at daytime
Really a step up from FS17 and time to time the game looks very pretty

- More realism with lime and weeds
After all it's called the Farming Simulator so this is a step to the right direction

- The general attraction for playing is still there
No matter how much bugs and stupid things I encounter in the game, I still keep coming back to it over and over again. The charm of FS hasn't gone anywhere

-The new maintenance system
Much better to actually repair something every now and then than to just pay a standard amount of money annually about...something.

-The crop physics
I like it when they bend away when driven over, instead of just flashing trough the vehicle floor like in FS17. Sadly the grass still behaves like that.

- The sleeping feature
- The new multiplayer system

Things I don't like: *thumbsdown*
-The shadows and night time lighting
The shadows and darkening don't flow nicely, but works like someone messes about with a lightswitch on a specific time of day. Working in the night is not pleasent, sometimes it just makes my eyes hurt with all the flickering going on.

- The ground framerate
It's just appalling. Considering the game is released in november 2018, It's nowhere near where it should be. It doesn't ruin the game experience, but still... You have to go back almost to the 20th century to find a fullprize game with framerate like this.

-The maps are too complexed for the outdated graphics and machinery
I mean, the maps look great and have been desinged pretty, don't get me wrong. They just don't function properly with the machinery we have seen over the years. For example, a wide sparyer will get stuck on a steep hill if you drive it horizontally at the wrong spot and there have been problems with sowingmachines and cultivators not touching the ground 'cause of ground elevation. Thankfully there is now a landscaping tool, but it too has still some issues.

-The helper AI
Atleast they can now do a field that is something else than squareshaped, but still 99% of times, you have to fix the fields after the helper 'cause they just can't handle it fully. The frequently stupid AI yet does create pics and videos that are quite funny, so thumbs up for that *thumbsup*

-Contract payouts
14k for 2h50min job just doesn't cut it (this on normal difficulty). Allthough, this may or may not change in the future, I stopped doing them long ago. Just not worth the effort and even less if you need to lease the equipment. Some might say it's way more than in real life and they are right, but it's still a game. A simulator game, but a game nevertheless. And if you talk about realism, I hope it doesn't cost 2000€ to fix your combine after 4 hours of work in real life. If it does, I feel sorry for all the real farmers out there :sadnew:

-The vehicle handling at high speed
I know it' not a racing game, but the vehicles still handle like toycars with an 8-ball glued on the roof, driving on a rubber mat.

-The field texture is not always accurate
For example, when weeding a 1st growing stage (plain) field, you need to check from the map if the field is weeded completely (like after an AI helper) and you probably need to run some spots over again, 'cause there is some spots left unweeded, even tough there's nothing visual growing on the field.

All together, I still like the game and will probably put many hours into it, but I must say, If the next FS isn't a complete overhaul of the graphics and physics engine, I most likely will keep my money in my pocket and keep playing FS19... But let's not worry about that now. Lets enjoy the game at hand :smileynew:

Thanks,
Keep on farming :coolnew:
coolfarmer

Re: FS19: Things that I like & the things I don't

Post by coolfarmer »

Wow very good post, I think the samething about all of what you write.
All together, I still like the game and will probably put many hours into it, but I must say, If the next FS isn't a complete overhaul of the graphics and physics engine, I most likely will keep my money in my pocket and keep playing FS19
Yes, or just switch to another game! Giants start to have some good competition and C-A-T-T-L-E-S AND C-R-O-P-S (sorry but otherwise it censored me lol) will be a good one in 1-2 years. FS21 need to be a complete overhaul of their game engine, no choice.
Last edited by coolfarmer on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Does it it censor your text when you type the bad word? Here I’ll try it for myself...cattle and crops...if that gets censored then maybe cattleandcrops wont be or .... may not be. Guess I’ll find out when I submit this...
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^How strange😹 I've seen this a couple of times lol, C and C is looking pretty in depth and realistic.. soil chemistry, mud physics, seasons..will be interesting to see how GIANTS deal with some true competition for the first time. Maybe they'll have to ditch producing games for consoles😿 c n c will be way to mind blowing to run on consoles, heard the alpha looks promising, next gen consoles may be able to run it but not sure about our current systems.

I heard that some ex-FS modders are on the dev team too..
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I’ll probably get yelled at for saying this but you know things are getting bad when people not only quit supporting your company or you customers but also starts working against you. Maybe those modders see something we don’t, they have a saying for that after all: “If you can’t beat em, join em.”
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the "game that shall not be named" is a promising game.. I have it.. its ultra realistic by comparison with tons of really nice features.. but it has its limitations.. 1 major one being how taxing it is.. next gen consoles or not it will not ever be on console in its current condition.. it takes a lot.. I can run every other simulation game I own (think ats, ets, fs17, fs19, construction sim, etc) on ultra settings flawlessly but not that one.. I really have to dumb down my settings to get it to run smooth.. another thing which they said in their dev blog that they r working on for the next update (if I understood correctly) is general ease of use.. the controls r not very intuitive and at times seem overly complex.. and its not very compatible with controller support at the moment.. it will be interesting to see where this game goes.. I honestly hope the devs stick with it.. not because its "better" than farming sim but because its something completely different in that its NOT a casual farming game.. its not targeted at a younger audience.. its targeted at an older audience who want a more realistic farming game.. and hands down its the most realistic out there as far as gameplay goes
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

Well said, I agree with OP. Informative.

Also, what’s interesting to note is that the guy who created the GPS mod for fs has moved over to Cattle and Crops. I’ve just been researching C&C and it would seem that once they fix the bugs I may switch over to it. It looks so good. All the features that’s FS is missing. By now you’d have thought we deserve “real” terrain instead of a painted image. It’ll be super taxing on PC and not for consoles but with a little optimisation we should be on track.. the best simulation games are on PC. Look at all the flight simulations. They’re all on PC. It’s a shame game consoles can’t handle it, but I guess you get what you pay for.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

The other game is early access and is already miles ahead. it'll be optimized as time goes on and will likely play better on console than fs. I won't be surprised if it's the clear winner by 21. If Giants thinks they have this in the bag then I fear they'll go the same way as Sears or Blackberry.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

I like what they did with the lizard warrior going down hills. I hope they do it to all the equipment.
FS 22 and loving it.
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

Interesting how my “ C A T T L E & C R O P S” text was changed. Maybe they know something we don’t 😉
JP86

Post by JP86 »

Fs 19 is bad game, i dont play it i Will my monney back, 90 euro's
Play fs on Ps4 :this:
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

Kgbow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 pm Interesting how my “ C A T T L E & C R O P S” text was changed. Maybe they know something we don’t 😉
I was surprised too, this is a proof that C A T T L E & C R O P S can hurt them! :lol: