Can't hear the trees falling

mikejl46

Can't hear the trees falling

Post by mikejl46 »

There are tree falling audio sounds in a folder int the FS19 files. I wonder why we don't hear the trees fall when we cut them down.
Rasping rabbit

Re: Can't hear the trees falling

Post by Rasping rabbit »

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_tr ... n_a_forest

Maybe we aren’t really there..... :hmm:
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Maybe we have FS19 ear plugs in. So how do we take out the ear plugs, but heck, the ear plugs don't work very well for my chainsaw.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 pm If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

lol😹😸😹
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Had a great laugh reading this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish we could hear them fall though..
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Wait, your trees fall? I usually have to push them over with a tractor, or something, except those really odd shaped ones are usually lopsided.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Its no different than the zoomed out no sound tractors. When the tree falls you are too far away to hear the noise! You gotta zoom in! :mrgreen:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

That sounds very dangerous...
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

This has bugged me for ever, I make my own tree falling sound effects (very bad ones) which bugs my family a lot more. Lols..
Please Giants can we please hear a tree fall in FS soon or else I fear me and my Xbox will be outside
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 pm If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_tr ... n_a_forest

I just knew as soon as I saw the thread title someone would put that and if they hadn’t I would’ve done 😁
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:24 am This has bugged me for ever, I make my own tree falling sound effects (very bad ones) which bugs my family a lot more. Lols..
Please Giants can we please hear a tree fall in FS soon or else I fear me and my Xbox will be outside
:lol: :lol: - If looks could kill, my fiancee would of murdered me back in the days of FS17. Not long after she moved in with me, sleep insomnia got the best of me. So I took to playing FS17. Purchased a new field > Grass Field to be, to feed hay to me incoming sheep. Well, needless to say, the field had some trees around. I wanted to clear them away as to make the hay work easier, especially for the future of the bigger implements as I brought them in. I too, made my own tree falling sounds. To me, they sounded decent... "to me... being the keywords". The look on her face... I guess to her, it sounded more like a banshee screaming in the forest. :blushnew: :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Tylercheesey1986

:lol: PMSL so I'm not the only one.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Seedy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:25 pm Wait, your trees fall? I usually have to push them over with a tractor, or something, except those really odd shaped ones are usually lopsided.
If you cut them horizontally, they will always fall down to the left. No pushing needed.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Aye, for a moment... I thought she was going to throw my computer out the window. :lol: > Thankfully, she did not.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Tylercheesey1986

Yeah I noticed if you cut straight it falls to left and cuts out a little wedge, that can thrown in pick up/trailer or grindededed away later.
GK13, next time she threatens to make something go for a fly try blaming the noise cancelling headphones, they are much cheaper
50-120 head.