Can't hear the trees falling

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Can't hear the trees falling

Post by Stegei »

Yes, if you cut them realistically (make one horizontal cut) it will automatically create a Humboldt notch which makes a) the tree always fall (if not blocked by something) and b) makes it fall in the direction of the cut. So you can really well control in which direction the tree will fall.

As for the sound of the trees falling. Unfortunately that's not implemented yet, but we have it on the list for things to add in the future.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I play a lot of multiplayer with my neighbour and he uses his bedroom tv and xbox kinect to chat when playing. Soooo, she gets a "little" cranky when we pull all night logging shifts..I manage to annoy two households.. :gamer: *thumbsup*
Last edited by Tylercheesey1986 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yeah, may have to get me a pair. Unfortunately, right now I don't have any headphones. I use my desktop speakers. Speaking of which, she's not usually to thrilled when I get into a tractor that has a nice bass note with it's engine, either. :lol:

But, nothing... and I mean, nothing... has topped the look she gave me that night with the trees. :blushnew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Stegei wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:24 pm As for the sound of the trees falling. Unfortunately that's not implemented yet, but we have it on the list for things to add in the future.
I hope you all @ GIANTS can get that implemented before I have to face down an exorcist because I come up with my own sounds! :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Stegei wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:24 pm
^Humboldt notch, I new there was a technical term for it.
Thank you for letting me know that we will soon have in game tree sound, people in my house may sleep again one day.

(Side note: I once worked for a geotechnical laboratory and we used a soil density testing machine was a Humboldt brand. Pointless info but true)
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420