Horse farms?

boneys26

Re: Horse farms?

Post by boneys26 »

I own 3 fields on Felsbrunn, 18, 19, 20. 20 is no longer a field, I used the whole area for sheds and a large horse paddock. 18 is for oats and 19 is grass for hay. i get the hired help to farm the lands leaving me to ride horses.. I could just leave it at that I'm making way to much money really fast £50k per horse. but I am starting to look into other areas of the game. Crop farming is kind of pointless as with other fs games only one crop has high prices Soybeans in fs19, even worse on easy it doesn't drop lower than £2k. But with the horse mod it will leave me to stick with a few horses and start with sheep farming.. the mod is a little cheat but to balance it out I could always cut back on a few horses I know I can get 100% on daily without the mod.
emz

Post by emz »

Finally I got the mod that I wanted working (newbie learning...) and continued building. Still a work-in-progress project but today I got the arena built and hedges and lights placed :) Really missing mucking out stalls and cleaning but otherwise this is nice.

I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Emz
As I understand it, the new Mercury farms map has a built in bridle path with jumps included round the perimeter of the map. I've not had a chance to check it out myself but heard it mentioned on a YouTube video. Might be worth a look as that map is also infinitely customisable with the way Alien Jim has created it. Liking the look of your current set up though, good effort *thumbsup*

This is the great thing about this game series, there are so many ways to play it with a little imagination.
emz

Post by emz »

@Ritchie - watched some videos about Mercury Farms and noticed that too, looks nice.
Ocp

Post by Ocp »

We have terraforming, walls and fences mod, just lack imagination to make a circuit of horse jumps.
emz

Post by emz »

Yes we have and I have many plans to take advantage of that but don't know will it turn out like I'm hoping. Just downloaded bunch of placeable mods that I'm hoping to use as jumps. One thing that bugs me is the jumping style and movement mechanics of the horses, just looks wrong. Last night I was riding my horses in the dark (love my lighted arena) and my "inner dressage rider" was screaming in my head "heels down, sit up straight, strong core" when the rider looks like a chicken with her elbows sticking out. Lol.

Now I'm dreaming of a wash rack/grooming station for the horses. It drives me nuts when they walk away when you're trying to groom them. Would be nice if we could take them to a specific spot for grooming, groom/hose them down with water after a ride, a bit like the power washer works, and be happy.
emz

Post by emz »

I really hope that the hopefully soon coming "horse riding" mod is an SJ arena.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

niggle44 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 am Maybe the FS competition will include horse racing ?. or how about suites of armour and we can have a jousting tournament :)
Jousting....

BEST
IDEA
EVER!
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
emz

Post by emz »

And then there's me who is just daydreaming that we could do some light logging with horses some day in FS and have a draft type horses for that.... Though jousting would be cool too :D
oneway

Post by oneway »

Budweiser Clydesdales
PC USER
emz

Post by emz »

Got to say that I love the idea of clydesdales. Gorgeous horses.
oneway

Post by oneway »

I'm working on making a mega horse farm with 8 large horse pens kinda carved out of a forest. Here are some pics of a test map I made from field 5 of Black Mountain. A friend and I are doing multiplayer on Fenton Forest version 2. we wanted to do Black mountain but it didn't support multiplayer.

PC USER
emz

Post by emz »

oneway -- That's a good start! Love the trees.

Got two new horses yesterday, they'll be with us for training and then go back to their owners. Luckily I get a really good training fee. My two older horses are going to be sold soon. I don't want to let them go but then I need the space for other horses. The training track w/ jumps is still unfinished, we have the logs and other stuff ready but need more time to execute our ideas. Sheeps and cows are taking up more time than I thought. I've been mostly training the horses at the beach, a good place to have nice gallop. On other days we focus on finetuning some dressage moves, luckily the outdoor dressage arena is big enough. Some of the horses are a bit clumsy and really need to be worked on.
Cheallaigh

Post by Cheallaigh »

i was hoping for breeds more than colours, though technically a pinto is a breed... as for light draft, how about some lovely friesians? since they make excellent all around horses(riding, dressage, jumping, and light draft), they're friggen poetry in motion? some throughbreds/standardbreds for racing, and of course some arabians just to stand around and look pretty, of course the clydes, perch, and belgians for heavy work... a few more colours wouldn't be amiss either.. blue/strawberry roan, blood bay, grullo, paint, and appy just to name a few. i clearly need a good horse sim game where i can try breeding experiements...

i was excited for the horses until i saw what was involved and that they're all stallions with those crests. now i get cows, being well, cows since those are the milkers... and sheep are sheep, pigs pretty much the same... but there are differences between stallions, geldings and mares visibly. while we're at it, why don't they start fat and round and get fit and defined as we train them? at least make it look like we're doing something with them as we ride. with their movement, i'm not going to complain, i've seen soooo much worse in other games(trust me you don't want to see the broken looking leg movements), you can see they were modeled after one horse in more than just looks.. one that was at least partly dressage trained.
Poizonous

Post by Poizonous »

I was just wondering, does horse value decrease if you miss a day of riding/training? I could swear that mine went down a couple percent when I got too busy to train them the one day.
PS4 FS15/FS17/FS19 | PS Vita FS14/FS16/FS18