Horse farms?

emz

Horse farms?

Post by emz »

I'm starting to build my equestrian farm veeery slowly and started to wonder that does anyone else focus on horses? Besides them I mostly do hay and silage and some contracts if I have any free time. Currently my progress with the farm is suuper slow due to lack of free time and a new save. I'm thinking about doing a outdoor arena with landscaping but I'll have to see if there are any good mods for it (doubt it...).
I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.
hugassi

Re: Horse farms?

Post by hugassi »

maybe improvise with the editor of terrain and some cut down trees for obstacles may look beautiful
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
emz

Post by emz »

Actually I'm planning to do a cross country course like that when I find the right spot to put it :) I really hope that we get placeable fences and gates soon, can't wait to finish the main yard.
oneway

Post by oneway »

I am interested in doing horse farms on a grand scale like the ones in Kentucky, USA. We don't have the 10+ horse trailers yet or big open field pastures. For now I'll buy a field and put in multiple large horse pens and terra form with trees and whatever horse placeables I can find.
PC USER
emz

Post by emz »

I'm also looking for nice equestrian placeables but the ones that I've found aren't that good. I'd love to have an arena like the one in Ravenport with jumps or just placeable jumps.

One thing that bugs me is that the riders aren't wearing helmets when riding and the saddle placement hurts my soul. Lol. Hope Giants will fix little things like that in the future.
oneway

Post by oneway »

There is an equestrian field and a placeable jump pack and that round thing (can't remember the name) like on Ravensport out there as mods.
PC USER
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Do horses reproduce in this game?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
oneway

Post by oneway »

No they don't.
PC USER
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

I'd really like to be all excited about horse farming but......every horse is exactly the same other than name and colour. You can't breed them, just buy - train - sell.

And use of the word 'train' is a bit of a stretch. It's more like buy - grind every day for a month - sell.

There no depth whatsoever and, therefore, interest wained very quickly.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Ah ok, I guess you can only buy one *ex.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm Do horses reproduce in this game?
No they increase in value from £5k to £50k over 10 days providing you exercise them
emz

Post by emz »

Yeah, the whole experience with horses is kinda boring and shallow at the moment. I'm just very happy that we have horses in FS :D I like to think that the horses are mares and geldings, otherwise it would be kinda tricky to keep them together. Now they're just a way to get money rather quickly, 5 minutes per day and ta-dah 50k. To make is a bit more interesting I like to role play a bit and I make training schedules in my head for each horse: one for endurance, one for jumping, one for cross country etc.

There are so many possibilities with horses and I hope that Giants will developed them further, even though this isn't Horse Simulator 2019. At least make them poop and an option to scoop the poop for good use :)

@oneway - Oh, I need to find those :) Thanks for the tip.

EDIT -- Wohoo, there's Dorset's gates and fences on ModHub. I'm in love.
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

I'll tell ya something else as well....in my game, horses are banned from the road. Stupid bleedin great things expecting traffic to slow down and leaving piles of slippy stuff in the road for us bikers to fall off on. Should be banned. Want to rename my horses in game names like "Soon-to-be-sugerglue".

Sorry, I'm bored waiting for seasons. I'll be quiet now.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I just find it strange that they don't reproduce like the other animals. Whoever the dev was that built the horse functions into the game must not have been aware of how the other animals worked. Inconstant game play at its best.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Maybe the FS competition will include horse racing ?. or how about suites of armour and we can have a jousting tournament :)