Build a PC or buy one?

Smith Modding

Re: Build a PC or buy one?

Post by Smith Modding »

I was just correcting your false statement of ‘a good build will start at $1200-$1400’ in case someone else came along and was reading this thread. That way, they knew that you don’t have to spend that much to get a good gaming experience
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

OK . What is good gaming experience then? To play games on medium / high setting on cheap 24 inch 1080p monitor? And update hardware in 2 years, because next FS # whatever can only be played on low setting?
What is the point to start a build which one will be worst then next gen consoles? To prove that you can build curent generation console for youself?
I can see someone gets laptop with those specs. They can at least move it around. But what is the point to make gaming build , like that?
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

I just switched from console, I built mine for under $500 USD by shopping sales and used gpu. Running a GTX1060 6gb my ps4 isn't even close, using the same 51 inch tv for both. I just don't want someone thinking they can't afford pc when you can do it cheaper and still get a better experience.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

USED gpu and looking for cheap parts is a KEY part of your post.
Your build some where in X box one X territory.Simple online search -339$( for used xbox 1x) .Not even close to original PS4.
Can you build cheap PC? Sure. Is that good idea ? Probably not.
Doesn' t matter how many inches your TV screen is. What matters FPS, screen resolulion , Hz and mSec specs for your monitor.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

its all about what we expect "better" to be.. going with a low end gaming rig and running on a tv with limited resolution and refresh rate will perform better than a console on low to mid settings in terms of speed and load times with MAYBE slightly improved graphics at best.. plus the addition of mods.. but in the end the setup will have a limited life span in this configuration and will need upgraded sooner rather than later.. spending a bit more and going with a nice mid range gaming rig will get u in the door for 1080p with steady frame rates on any properly built game out today on high and ultra settings which blow console graphics out of the water, superior multitasking, while still maintaining amazing load times especially with the addition of a SSD.. then u get into the high range stuff where u can have multiple monitor setups running at 4k resolution maintaining good fps, almost instant load times, etc.. being realistic with the upgrades my rig is an upper mid range rig.. that being said I have aprox $1,300usd invested in the unit including performance upgrades (more ram and SSD).. but I waited and found what I wanted on sale.. my rig itself was marked down about $300 from its normal price.. I did the same with the SSD but paid full price for the ram as I only had 1 16gb stick with an extra slot free and ram isn't expensive at all.. be smart and no matter if u go prebuilt like I did or go the dyi route, u can get a pretty nice rig without breaking the bank.. mine even before upgrades was a perfectly capable rig and I would have been happy to continue to game on it for a long time to come
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

I know it's not the screen size, I was born at night but it wasn't last night. I only used that as a reference to compare the two so you can't say it's the monitor that made the difference. Btw...1080p at a solid 60fps on high settings no stutter or lag even driving by a stack of over 400 hay and straw bales. Can't do that on a console.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

To:PrincessJessi *thumbsup*
Golden words.Have no idea why someone will go for cheap build.
To: Everyone who wants cheap legendary beast console killer.
I will teach you a game of building PC of your dreams.To get started look online and get as many used parts as you can. Some used parts are better then others. As you progress , you will level up your knowledge.
Something missing? We got you covered. Go outside and start dumpster diving.As you progress, you will level up and get better stuff and legendary chests.
Use stealth skills and check out porches around.Sometimes you can locate whole build or monitor.Just make sure you keep your build under 200$ and do not let money to stay between you and your dreams.
Ready, set , go.....
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

This is why I went cheap, $1200 to play a GAME to me is stupid, the other reason is I have a real life skid loader and tractor that both broke down this winter and the extra $700 I didn't spend will buy most of the parts needed. We just have to agree to disagree.
All I know is I'm happy and I don't need to prove myself to anyone.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Agree. To pay 1200 to play one game is stupid.Not sure if paying 500 to play game is any better.Some people will agree even paying 35 bucks for game is little too much.But Giants discounts never were great.
Gaming is luxury. Never was cheap.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:40 am To:PrincessJessi *thumbsup*
Golden words.Have no idea why someone will go for cheap build.
To: Everyone who wants cheap legendary beast console killer.
I will teach you a game of building PC of your dreams.To get started look online and get as many used parts as you can. Some used parts are better then others. As you progress , you will level up your knowledge.
Something missing? We got you covered. Go outside and start dumpster diving.As you progress, you will level up and get better stuff and legendary chests.
Use stealth skills and check out porches around.Sometimes you can locate whole build or monitor.Just make sure you keep your build under 200$ and do not let money to stay between you and your dreams.
Ready, set , go.....
Hmmm. Maybe some of us are in high school working a part time job and therefor can’t blow $1500 ona pc. Am I about to? Yeah, I’m saving up for it. But it’s not to play ONE game. It’s to play lots of games and do pretty heavy video editing. But there’s a lot of people who can’t afford to do that. So they go cheaper so they can still play the game at high settings and have a fun experience. You really can’t see a huge difference between 1080p and 4K when sitting at a desk. And most people think 1080p @60fps think is a perfectly good playing experience. Just because you think you have to spend a stuff ton of money on a computer to have a good time doesn’t mean everyone can or wants to do that. So stop making it seem like everyone HAS to do that and stop being a jerk to people who don’t spend as much money as you do on a PC
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Smith Modding wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:20 pmBut it’s not to play ONE game.
I agree with everything u said smith.. but especially this.. I mean.. who would spend over $1000 to just play one game.. im sure some people think its going to be for one game.. and I imagine so many of them r pleasantly surprised as their steam library starts go grow with so many other good games.. especially simulation games.. there r not many good simulation games on console.. very very few.. but this limitation is not shared with the pc counter part an I think its easy for some to forget that farming simulator isn't the only good simulation game out there.. in the end IF a person can afford a good gaming pc it will most certainly pay off for a lot more than one game.. if not buy what u can afford.. who cares what any of us on here say.. if u can pull off a cheap build and walk away happy then do it.. simulation games aren't very taxing in general and will run on most gaming configurations
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Rbk_3 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:37 pm
theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:11 am
eight_lugs wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:20 am

Well I’ve built one before and I’m an electrician so I can probably figure it out, bud.
That's good then. Typically you can save around $100-150 these days by building it yourself vs getting one with the same hardware from a boutique builder. However, you will be left with having to deal with warranty issues with each separate manufacturer. You will obviously have no support (not a big deal in my opinion). Whether saving that amount is worth it is up to you, depending on how much you value your free time.
You will also generally get a better motherboard, memory, power supply, better SSD etc. and still save money.
Nah. I mentioned same hardware for a reason. This comparison has been done by many people using various boutique builders and the above holds true.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Smith, it is 2 sides in every coin. How about stop forcing cheap builds on people and false claiming they will get better experience then xbox 1x? No way you can play 4K on cheap builds but you can on xbox.
No more facts to prove your point, lets start name calling. Right, Smith?
And we can see difference between 1080p and 4K monitor. Another false claim from you, because you told we can not see difference.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

No, I said you can’t tell a huge difference. It’s been scientifically proven that the human eye can’t tell a huge difference between a 1080p screen and a 4K screen until you get more than about 4 feet back, and when sitting at a desk, you’re usually closer than that. Now on a tv, there’s a large difference. And no I’m not forcing a cheap build on anyone- I’m just trying to give an alternative in case someone wants one.

Edit- one other thing. The Xbox one x plays FS19 at 30FPS when at 4K- a 1060 could do that.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

For me, graphics is pretty low on the priority list, at my age at least for me my old eyes see no difference between 4k and 1080p, heck I can barely see a difference with HD. If I wanted 4k I surely wouldn't of bought a 1060 card. I think the reason some people want to switch is for gameplay....more mods, no slot limits, no bale limits and so forth and for people that are looking for that they can get away with a cheaper build. Everybody has to figure out what they want to get out of this game, do research and decide which build works for them,