DLC - Is this a joke?

SwoopGB

Re: DLC - Is this a joke?

Post by SwoopGB »

eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:02 pm They said they didn't want to do everything in small patches like every week, instead they do it one big patch
Why?
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

SwoopGB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:02 pm They said they didn't want to do everything in small patches like every week, instead they do it one big patch
Why?
Game is coded in such a manner that you basically have to download vast numbers of files whenever they patch it. For example, I had done some xml edits under 1.2 and when I patched to 1.3 they were all overwritten, which means all the equipment XML files were redownloaded and overwritten even though nothing changed in them from 1.2. Consoles also have a patching process to go through which makes patching a pain to do continuously.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

No, the DLC is not a joke. It actually looks pretty good and interesting. A few tools on there that do things that haven't been done before on Console. Looks like a bio baler, a wrapper that does multiple round bales.

It's not like the all the DLC's on 17 where groundbreaking. We'll hopefully get a nice "big" one like the Big Bud one, but the Kuhn one wasn't a showstopper although it was really good for the small tools in it. I like stuff like this Anderson Group one. Variety is nice.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^But you'd think that the first paid DLC for 19 would be a "showstopper." Instead we get a few balers and a tractor😿
*edit - My bad, just looked through shop list and no tractor included😿
Last edited by TaintedBlackCat on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Do we get a tractor as well? The DLC looks awesome, in my opinion.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
crash

Post by crash »

I like it, and will use it🙂 In fs17, I bought the kuhn dlc twice, ps4/pc. The big bud just on ps4. I did not buy the platinum dlc. Haven't touched the map and equipment t in fs19 either... It's as foreign to me as a european as a fendt/Valtra/jcb is in the red/green cornbelt in usa😂 I did not buy the ropa dlc, but I have used the maus in 19. Giants can't please every player all the time..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Arclight

Post by Arclight »

ZZZZzzzzzz
Tech-E

Post by Tech-E »

Giant is a shame on this fs19, this DLC is really a joke and a scam.
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

Ok, going to be honest. Was very keen to see if they can redeem themselves on this dlc release.

Firstly, it’s everything we already have? Just a different design.

Who needs another two feeders?!?

Instead of charging us 9.99 for a load of tools we already have, how about giving us something new? Groundbreaking or at LEAST interesting.

Mark my words, this is the fall of the once giant.... Giants.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I hope y’all realize that GIANTS splits resources. They can’t have everyone working on patches, either because not everyone is properly trained to or they only know how to do 3D modeling. So they aren’t wasting resources on this dlc, they’re putting unused resources to work
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I suggest taking another look at the DLC info.

Bio baling is a new feature, same with wrapping several bales in a row.

The feed mixers are a good addition as well.

Did you guys complain this much with the kuhn dlc on fs17?

It also states in the info that it requires version 1.3.. you do the math 😉
Last edited by Aholz89 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
InternationalFarmer

Post by InternationalFarmer »

You’re right Kgbow, this is an absolute JOKE! Are people honestly going to let Giants get away with this?

Oh and by the way..... where’s this new Giants community member? Now’s the time to jump in and save the day.

How about putting these resources on patching?

We are waiting for patch 1.3 and they want you to pay for their dlc? Taking the p***.

They could’ve put this in the INITIAL Release of the game. But no, we will rush the game, release farming sim 17.5 then charge you for the bits that should’ve been included in their catchphrase “farm like never before” 2019 release..... at least they got that bit right! We now have a new lighting system and a placeable sandcastle.
Niteeye

Post by Niteeye »

Aholz89 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:09 pm I suggest taking another look at the DLC info.

Bio baling is a new feature, same with wrapping several bales in a row.

The feed mixers are a good addition as well.

Did you guys complain this much with the kuhn dlc on fs17?

It also states in the info that it requires version 1.3.. you do the math 😉
I would imagine a lot complain about everything .
Its quite simple really .

If your not happy with the DLC , don't purchase it .
If your that unhappy with the game , don't play it .

complaining about something that is already going to happen , whether you like it or not , is absolutely pointless.
Try complaining to your other half that they burnt the dinner , see how far you get with that :-)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

InternationalFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 pm You’re right Kgbow, this is an absolute JOKE! Are people honestly going to let Giants get away with this?

Oh and by the way..... where’s this new Giants community member? Now’s the time to jump in and save the day.

How about putting these resources on patching?

We are waiting for patch 1.3 and they want you to pay for their dlc? Taking the p***.

They could’ve put this in the INITIAL Release of the game. But no, we will rush the game, release farming sim 17.5 then charge you for the bits that should’ve been included in their catchphrase “farm like never before” 2019 release..... at least they got that bit right! We now have a new lighting system and a placeable sandcastle.
There is so much lol in this post. New patch will be out before this drops. As this DLC requires 1.3.

Also you know that you don't need to place the sandcastle right?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

The Anderson WB-55 looks interesting - a mulcher in front and a baler behind - that mulches bushes and small trees in real life and turns them into round bales, several YouTube videos show it working. Forestry equipment.