DLC - Is this a joke?

Alagos

Re: DLC - Is this a joke?

Post by Alagos »

The biobaler doesn't make woodchips, it bales the whole poplar 'trees' without cutting them up like grass/straw balers do for grass/straw
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Alagos wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 pm The biobaler doesn't make woodchips, it bales the whole poplar 'trees' without cutting them up like grass/straw balers do for grass/straw
Not saying you are wrong as I don’t know how these things work. But in the release video it looked like it was chopping and baling in one go.

Edit:

https://youtu.be/h7zd3Mhqu5w

About 30 seconds into the video.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

So, I’m a season pass holder, mainly because I was super excited before the game was released, however that soon changed after playing it even when these patches apparently ‘fixed’ the game errors. I’m pretty disappointed to be fair, I’m also unsure how Giants can charge people for this dlc when in fact it should be free, purely because they released a broken game and it would have been a pretty decent apology to its customers.

Bethesda, for example, have said that their first dlc will be free because their players were unhappy with the game, technically the same scenario with this game.

Not one mentioning from Giants apart from its moderators in this thread, which is pretty appalling to be honest.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

Attack Wave wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:50 pm So, I’m a season pass holder, mainly because I was super excited before the game was released, however that soon changed after playing it even when these patches apparently ‘fixed’ the game errors. I’m pretty disappointed to be fair, I’m also unsure how Giants can charge people for this dlc when in fact it should be free, purely because they released a broken game and it would have been a pretty decent apology to its customers.

+1
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I find it amusing how folk are saying how terrible the game is but somehow if they get something for free it will all of a sudden be fine :lol:
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Ritchie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:06 pm I find it amusing how folk are saying how terrible the game is but somehow if they get something for free it will all of a sudden be fine :lol:
I take it you don’t own a pair of glasses. I stated, that I have a season pass. I also stated, that the dlc should be free as to be an apology.

I find your post to be nothing more than a pathetic response. If that’s how you usually respond to posts, then I suggest (from a professional view) not to bother posting at all.

Mancsguy

Post by Mancsguy »

I thought the sims forums used to be full of crybabies and whiners when i used to play that game . Now i see these forums are becoming as bad . Giants can never please everyone every time but tell me another farming game that has equal graphics or gameplay . They are trying but not everyone will be happy every time a dlc is released , From people who dont like whats on offer to people who think everything should be given free .

This DLC may not be what i had hoped to see but i will get it as it adds new machinery to my farms which is what a DLC pack should do to expand what i already use ,

I have played FS now for 6 years and knew when i got 19 that i would be faced with bugs and lack of mods to begin with . It didnt stop me buying it just made me determined to manage with what was on offer . I currently have amassed over 200 hours gameplay on it .

Just be glad EA don't own this franchise as by now most of the mods they have given us from them to fill out the game would have been for sale in packs
Their current sims version which is now on year 4 has over 25 packs and almost all costing between £30 and £20 each
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It was more a general comment on an observation of several posts lately and not directed specifically at you. There's always a risk buying a season pass and no guarantees that you'll enjoy the game etc.
I haven't encountered any major issues with the game, like many others, and have been quite happy with the game. If I had I may feel differently but I still wouldn't be looking for a freebie. Just my opinion so telling me to leave the forum is a bit childish, especially coming from a "professional".
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Mancsguy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm I thought the sims forums used to be full of crybabies and whiners when i used to play that game . Now i see these forums are becoming as bad . Giants can never please everyone every time but tell me another farming game that has equal graphics or gameplay . They are trying but not everyone will be happy every time a dlc is released , From people who dont like whats on offer to people who think everything should be given free .

Just be glad EA don't own this franchise as by now most of the mods they have given us from them to fill out the game would have been for sale in packs
Their current sims version which is now on year 4 has over 25 packs and almost all costing between £30 and £20 each
Brilliant, a nicely put adult response. Cry babies & whiners. Classic. I have roughly 3000hrs in FS17 and roughly 730hrs in FS19.

If EA owned the franchise, they would have released a game that was more playable upon release.

gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:18 am
Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:02 am The biobaler cuts poplars and turn them into woddchip bales from what I can see
Just that makes it worthwhile to me. No more ferrying trailer after trailer of woodchips
Not knocking the new dlc... But that baler actually adds an extra step in now and will most likely take longer since you have to collect them before transport. IMO using the NH chopper straight into a trailer would be fastest
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

I imagine cost is the factor. A forage harvester is 200k, plus 25k for the header. So as long as the biobaler is less than that its a cheaper option. At work, so can't check actual prices.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Jeramy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 pm I imagine cost is the factor. A forage harvester is 200k, plus 25k for the header. So as long as the biobaler is less than that its a cheaper option. At work, so can't check actual prices.
I fairly certain your going to have to stop to dump the bale. Round bales are cheaper to produce, but the player has to stop and start constantly to dump the bale. The bio-baler will either produce a unique crop or do something unique, otherwise people will use it a couple of times because it is new and then walk away form it because it is too much of a time sink.

Bio baler options people will use
  • Produces a unique product that sells very well (sugercane level) from fields of popular
  • Acts like a bush hog, mowing down grass, bushes (the ones you can only remove by plowing), stumps and limbs to produce a bale of straw/grass/wood chips
Bio baler options people will not use
  • Produces a round bale of wood chips/straw only from fields of popular saplings even if wood chip prices are buffed
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

I tend to prefer the round bales over the square. Even with the stopping and going. I find them easier to work with (except on hills) I like bale grabbers over bale forks, and they are more common in my area than large square bales. This is largely my own personal preference, I like to work at a slower pace and round bales fit into that pace well.

If it takes out the undergrowth it will be my new best friend. I hate that stuff. I know there are ways to clear it with the teraforming tool or by plowing, but those feel unrealistic to me.