78%
NO
22%

Total votes: 89

SandyBay19

Re: VEGETABLE/FRUIT FIELDS FOR FS19

Post by SandyBay19 »

:biggrin2:
cmdrbyron wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:55 pm +1 for improvements/diversity to existing crops! (Potatoes, Grass)
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

peanuts and rice or pumpkins would be cool maybe flax too
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Let them first fix all the stuff that’s already in the game, before adding more stuff (and potential bugs)
Ignorance is bliss
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Potatoes seem to be the forgotten crop now, harvesting them with the current machines is just useless now. Took me 7hrs just to harvest a field, and that’s with 4 workers doing the harvesting and me driving back and forth transporting & emptying. Hopefully they add more crops with this game, unlike just one crop in the previous title being Sugar Cane.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Potatoes may be ignored but not necessarily forgotten. Some of the potato planting contracts pay some decent money on the larger fields. Although I rarely harvest them you can make decent money there too.

If anything I think sugar cane is the forgotten one personally, way too much work in my experience.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

I would honestly be happy if there was more versatility with the crops already in game. I'm a console guy, so I really can't say much about it, but that straw harvest mod looked like it gave crops like wheat and barley a lot more potential. For example, corn can be processed already with the harvester and forager, but how cool would it be if we had a corn picker or the ability to bale the stalks? Or if you could harvest grass seed in addition to mowing it? I have to say, though, I really wouldn't mind seeing pumpkins and orchards.
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

Thanks for cucumber greenhouse ;)
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
kintino

Post by kintino »

I would like to see coffee or grapes in the game, it would be nice to use some new holland T4F or Fendt 200F, I know you have several equipment for growing these crops.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:43 am Nope because there isn't the machinery or the processes in the game to support them. We have enough "token gesture" crops in the game that are there for the sake of being there but have not been implemented properly.

Potatoes have been in the game for years now and they may as well not be as there's no bed tillers, destoners, etc and the textures are a joke. You create a seed bed first and then you plant the spuds. You don't take a planter into a flat cultivated field and get perfect rows come out of the back. For some reason the textures don't follow the planter either so headlands are terrible.

I was really hoping that they would improve the root crops we've had in the past games rather than adding more in half heartedly.
While i'm not a farmer personally, I've grown up around it my entire life. While some of the crops you speak of, such as root crops were added in somewhat "Half-heartedly" but as far as cereal grains go, I think most of them are well done. I'd say the vast majority of the crops in the game are not these "token gesture" crops you speak of. That is in no way making excuses for GIANTS. Some of the crops are poorly done, no doubt. I just personally don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out to be, but that is just my opinion of course.

I definitely think crops in Farming Simulator could be expanded on. Personally I would love to see more cover crops. Orchards would be pretty neat too.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Yeh clover Carrots onion peas beans broccoli sprouts cauliflower fruit trees as well would be good I would love to have a proper orchard maybe nuts as well or even grapes vines.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

How about Parsley - see this beast -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcLBK9S1cU
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

I don’t see why we don’t have new crops anyway, other farming games do, and the machinery to go with them, yet FS don’t. We get cotton which is a major bore, and Oats which use any old equipment to harvest. The fun factor in the game for me disappeared.

Something else that I’ve noticed, the forums are dead compared to FS17.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Deadeye wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 am
While i'm not a farmer personally, I've grown up around it my entire life. While some of the crops you speak of, such as root crops were added in somewhat "Half-heartedly" but as far as cereal grains go, I think most of them are well done. I'd say the vast majority of the crops in the game are not these "token gesture" crops you speak of. That is in no way making excuses for GIANTS. Some of the crops are poorly done, no doubt. I just personally don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out to be, but that is just my opinion of course.

I definitely think crops in Farming Simulator could be expanded on. Personally I would love to see more cover crops. Orchards would be pretty neat too.
Cereals are near perfect and always have been, however, they do get very boring after a while so they have added in other crops. The trouble is, they have not added in the detail that makes them any different or more interesting!

Crops such as potatoes, carrots, onions etc require a lot more work, processes, equipment and people in real life.

potatoes for example. The process should include:
plowing, cultivating, creating and tilling the seed beds, de-stoning, planting, irrigating, spreading fert, spraying, topping, harvesting, grading, bagging, trasportation,

Granted if you were playing the game on single player, without courseplay, seasons, and follow me mods, it would be near impossible to farm those crops in a realistic way so i understand that more detail like this, added into the base game that we have at the moment, would be pretty much unusable. That being said, why don't we have these mod features in the base game by now? ITS BEEN YEARS AND EVERYONE USES THEM!!!!!

If these mods were in the base game then it opens the door to improve on the features that are there but currently *censored*! Stop adding in new stuff that doesn't work or wont be implemented with any attention to detail!
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

it would have to be ones that could be harvested with a machine. Several types of fruit and vegetables are either hand picked or have several workers checking it and bagging it as its harvested. I do think Rice, peanuts or alfalfa would be the next easiest to add imho.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!