NO
22%

Total votes: 89

Deadeye

Re: VEGETABLE/FRUIT FIELDS FOR FS19

Post by Deadeye »

Coldlandlord wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am
Deadeye wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 am
While i'm not a farmer personally, I've grown up around it my entire life. While some of the crops you speak of, such as root crops were added in somewhat "Half-heartedly" but as far as cereal grains go, I think most of them are well done. I'd say the vast majority of the crops in the game are not these "token gesture" crops you speak of. That is in no way making excuses for GIANTS. Some of the crops are poorly done, no doubt. I just personally don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out to be, but that is just my opinion of course.

I definitely think crops in Farming Simulator could be expanded on. Personally I would love to see more cover crops. Orchards would be pretty neat too.
Cereals are near perfect and always have been, however, they do get very boring after a while so they have added in other crops. The trouble is, they have not added in the detail that makes them any different or more interesting!

Crops such as potatoes, carrots, onions etc require a lot more work, processes, equipment and people in real life.

potatoes for example. The process should include:
plowing, cultivating, creating and tilling the seed beds, de-stoning, planting, irrigating, spreading fert, spraying, topping, harvesting, grading, bagging, trasportation,

Granted if you were playing the game on single player, without courseplay, seasons, and follow me mods, it would be near impossible to farm those crops in a realistic way so i understand that more detail like this, added into the base game that we have at the moment, would be pretty much unusable. That being said, why don't we have these mod features in the base game by now? ITS BEEN YEARS AND EVERYONE USES THEM!!!!!

If these mods were in the base game then it opens the door to improve on the features that are there but currently *censored*! Stop adding in new stuff that doesn't work or wont be implemented with any attention to detail!
Good points. The only thing I disagree with is that mods such as follow me, courseplay, and seasons should be implemented to the game by now. I don't even entirely disagree with that. Yes, they absolutely should. To do that though, GIANTS would have to take those mods over. I personally would rather have the independent guy work on them and get them a few months later than have GIANTS in charge of creating them. Although I'm not entirely sure why GIANTS doesn't implement more of their ideas when designing the new versions of this game.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
SandyBay19

Re: VEGETABLE/FRUIT FIELDS FOR FS19

Post by SandyBay19 »

Deadeye wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:06 pm
Coldlandlord wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am
Deadeye wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 am
While i'm not a farmer personally, I've grown up around it my entire life. While some of the crops you speak of, such as root crops were added in somewhat "Half-heartedly" but as far as cereal grains go, I think most of them are well done. I'd say the vast majority of the crops in the game are not these "token gesture" crops you speak of. That is in no way making excuses for GIANTS. Some of the crops are poorly done, no doubt. I just personally don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out to be, but that is just my opinion of course.

I definitely think crops in Farming Simulator could be expanded on. Personally I would love to see more cover crops. Orchards would be pretty neat too.
Cereals are near perfect and always have been, however, they do get very boring after a while so they have added in other crops. The trouble is, they have not added in the detail that makes them any different or more interesting!

Crops such as potatoes, carrots, onions etc require a lot more work, processes, equipment and people in real life.

potatoes for example. The process should include:
plowing, cultivating, creating and tilling the seed beds, de-stoning, planting, irrigating, spreading fert, spraying, topping, harvesting, grading, bagging, trasportation,

Granted if you were playing the game on single player, without courseplay, seasons, and follow me mods, it would be near impossible to farm those crops in a realistic way so i understand that more detail like this, added into the base game that we have at the moment, would be pretty much unusable. That being said, why don't we have these mod features in the base game by now? ITS BEEN YEARS AND EVERYONE USES THEM!!!!!

If these mods were in the base game then it opens the door to improve on the features that are there but currently *censored*! Stop adding in new stuff that doesn't work or wont be implemented with any attention to detail!
Good points. The only thing I disagree with is that mods such as follow me, courseplay, and seasons should be implemented to the game by now. I don't even entirely disagree with that. Yes, they absolutely should. To do that though, GIANTS would have to take those mods over. I personally would rather have the independent guy work on them and get them a few months later than have GIANTS in charge of creating them. Although I'm not entirely sure why GIANTS doesn't implement more of their ideas when designing the new versions of this game.
👏
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator