PS4 or Xbox One

Wrongway

Re: PS4 or Xbox One

Post by Wrongway »

I had noticed the PS4 was quite a bit louder but didn't mind it too much. I think I need to play around with both of them a bit more, I don't think the offer of the season pass will disappear just yet.

Shame I can't get the New Holland T6 on the Xbox also as I quite liked it on the PS4.
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

Microsoft is currently working on making Xbox games run on PC. I have no idea how long this will take or if Giants will take it up. But it may be worth bearing in mind.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... es-native/
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Wrongway wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:34 pm I had noticed the PS4 was quite a bit louder but didn't mind it too much. I think I need to play around with both of them a bit more, I don't think the offer of the season pass will disappear just yet.

Shame I can't get the New Holland T6 on the Xbox also as I quite liked it on the PS4.
You do get a shiny gold Valtra with huge black wheels though. Goes with me on every map!
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 pm
Wrongway wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:34 pm I had noticed the PS4 was quite a bit louder but didn't mind it too much. I think I need to play around with both of them a bit more, I don't think the offer of the season pass will disappear just yet.

You do get a shiny gold Valtra with huge black wheels though. Goes with me on every map!
If a hairdresser owned a tractor, that would be the one. :lol:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Wrongway wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:38 am I have a good PC setup for simulation, Farming Sim, X-Plane, Eurotruck etc. However I am finding that I tend to spend a lot of time away from the PC and using the downstairs game console quite a bit. We have both the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X with FS19 on both. However I would like to get Season Pass on one or the other and not sure which to go for and concentrate on. I tried running both and comparing at highest resolution on our 4K TV and found the Xbox version seemed to have a better quality picture than the PS4 but movement didn't seem as smooth as on the PS4. I was using Marwell Manor for the comparison. So there are probably other differences I haven't noticed yet. I would be interested in anyone else's observations before trying to decide which to concentrate on for my "sofa farming". I must admit I tend to prefer the Xbox controller but that may be due to using it more than the Playstation one as the PS4 is not as old as the Xbox.
Move your PC downstairs. I sofa farm on mine...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
markare

Post by markare »

malachi6 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:01 pm Microsoft is currently working on making Xbox games run on PC. I have no idea how long this will take or if Giants will take it up. But it may be worth bearing in mind.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... es-native/
That already works, just install the xbox app and it let's you play your xbox one game on PC
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I'd also say move you PC downstairs, as long as your PC isn't really old and outdated you're going to get better performance and not have to worry about slots and season passes and things like that.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'd sell both consoles and buy another PC to hook up to the TV if it were me.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Never heard my Xbox fan once, had for over a year, sleep mode off. Playing on Xbox one S.
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

I like it when people compare the two consoles, and when in reality, the PS4 Pro is actually technically more powerful than the Xbox version.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Simgamerz4life wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 pm I have an old Apple IIc that's probably better than both consoles.
Ohh hey look, a dude that just joined today being a troll. Let's just assume this isn't someone that prolly just got banned.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:39 pm
Yeah lol I looked up the computer in the signature...2,400 dollars. They are either lying, or mommy and daddy make good money :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Have you considered getting a laptop?
It's working really well for me. Oke I have a top spec one but a cheaper model would be just as good.

That being said. Between the two consoles I don't think there will be a huge difference in performance.
Go with the controller you like best?
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Xbox for me. Much prefer the controller and rarely hear the fan. As mentioned above it comes on for a few seconds sometimes full pelt then goes off again. Not like the old 360.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
masneoquil

Post by masneoquil »

What about NVidia Shield TV
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/