PS4 or Xbox One

Wrongway

PS4 or Xbox One

Post by Wrongway »

I have a good PC setup for simulation, Farming Sim, X-Plane, Eurotruck etc. However I am finding that I tend to spend a lot of time away from the PC and using the downstairs game console quite a bit. We have both the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X with FS19 on both. However I would like to get Season Pass on one or the other and not sure which to go for and concentrate on. I tried running both and comparing at highest resolution on our 4K TV and found the Xbox version seemed to have a better quality picture than the PS4 but movement didn't seem as smooth as on the PS4. I was using Marwell Manor for the comparison. So there are probably other differences I haven't noticed yet. I would be interested in anyone else's observations before trying to decide which to concentrate on for my "sofa farming". I must admit I tend to prefer the Xbox controller but that may be due to using it more than the Playstation one as the PS4 is not as old as the Xbox.
redglasses

Re: PS4 or Xbox One

Post by redglasses »

I thought the one x is more powerful then the pro, and being an xbox man myself I gotta say xbox
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Don’t think there is a massive amount of difference between the two really. I am an Xbox guy though personally.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I prefer Xbox over Sony just a better system in my opinion
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Poizonous

Post by Poizonous »

Im extremely biased towards PS4 because i've been a Sony guy since the PS1, but honestly if you prefer the Xbox controller more, go with the Xbox One.
PS4 FS15/FS17/FS19 | PS Vita FS14/FS16/FS18
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

You appear to have money to burn. You should get the pass for both consoles.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
JohnDeere496091

Post by JohnDeere496091 »

I have an Xbox 1 S and I went to a game store and tried out a PS4 Pro and I hated the thing. The controller it terrible in my opinion. Personal preference
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

redglasses wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 pm I thought the one x is more powerful then the pro, and being an xbox man myself I gotta say xbox
On paper the one x is more powerful than the pro which is why I was surprised when I was comparing them side by side the pro was smoother when panning around whereas the one x was a bit jerky in places. The one x had a cleaner picture even though both on the same resolution etc.
thumbwiz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:46 pm You appear to have money to burn. You should get the pass for both consoles.
No such luck. One was a present and the other is my sons of which I have access to. Not wanting to fork out for both is the reason I asked. I don't want to get 0one and be told 5 minutes later I would have been better going the other route. I heard a comment in a YouTube video, can't remember where, that the PS4 was a lot more stable and there had been problems with the Xbox One version. It's possible this might have been from a Youtube broadcasters experience in streaming.

But thank's for the opinions.
crash

Post by crash »

i think it depents from game to game, and how much money the developers have thrown at it.. Xbox one x is true 4k. The ps4 isent. I like this comparision on red dead, but its a bit long… short story; Xbox x, ps4 pro, ps4, Xbox s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTIPXwcDGQ&t=440s

Ive been With PlayStation since 1998, but i got a 360 to play forza 2, i think. I loved the game but hated the gamepad.. And exhanged the ps3, 360 a lot of games when getting a ps4.. I dont have a 4k tv yet, so im not upgrading it before ps5 comes out in 2-3 years..
Last edited by crash on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

What’s the Xbox one like fan sound wise? I’m on PS4 and it can get quite loud,I heard it’s different with Xbox as it has a power brick
crash

Post by crash »

I had to get a headset for playing resident evil 2 on my ps4, it sounds like a jet taking off! its hilarios, in a not funny way.. Its not that extreme with red dead/gta. The fans are programed to run, and they shut off once you exit the game, a good cleaning didnt help mine..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Patrick73 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:19 pm What’s the Xbox one like fan sound wise? I’m on PS4 and it can get quite loud,I heard it’s different with Xbox as it has a power brick
Rarely ever hear the fan on my Xbox. Even then it’s very quiet.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Downloaded versus disc makes a big difference with the fans on the ps4 believe it or not. Mine was much louder playing GTA from disc than it was from download.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ Mines not too bad in fs19, the west coast on fs17 used too make it sing a little...it is a day one launch model and I do clean it regularly
markare

Post by markare »

Patrick73 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:19 pm What’s the Xbox one like fan sound wise? I’m on PS4 and it can get quite loud,I heard it’s different with Xbox as it has a power brick

Only time I hear the fans on my xb1 is when it's been on for a few days, it gets left on as my partner has serious insomnia so doesn't sleep too well at night and uses it for watching amazon, netflix etc, when the fan kicks in it can be real loud but is only for around 3 or 4 seconds then it does t do it again for a few days.

I was a Sony only guy for years, used to laugh off the thought of having an xbox, decided to get the xb1 because of the packages that where on offer when I got it and have never even considered the ps4.

The controller feels more comfortable and user friendly than a Sony controller. The thumbstick layout is more comfortable for use imo.

In regards to the gameplay difference I can't comment as I haven't played the ps4 version.

Just like my comment is all down to personal opinion. Whatever you feel comfortable with would be best suited for you.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress