Do you think Seasons will improve the game enough to make it more like 17?

Addictedtofs

Do you think Seasons will improve the game enough to make it more like 17?

Post by Addictedtofs »

17 just had a feel to it. I can't really explain. I mean, even GC was fun and pulled me in. I just don't feel that with this game. I'm not talking about bugs or this game is trash blah blah blah, I just feel like if this was the first FS I had ever played, I never would become so invested. What do ya'll think?
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
fenixguy

Re: Do you think Seasons will improve the game enough to make it more like 17?

Post by fenixguy »

I've not been here since January and haven't played any either. The DLC announcement has me interested. Still though, seasons is where it's at. That was such a huge game changer that it's impossible for me to go back to perpetual summer. There are a lot of improvements over 17 but there's far too much good stuff missing. I'm sure it'll get there and be the best FS yet. Then when FS21 comes out, we'll be saying it's not as good as 19 and the cycle repeats.

Not to hi-jack, but what's the latest on seasons for 19? How's the progress coming along?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

It's going quite well. Got some nice features to announce still.
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

Woot!

Whether Seasons improves 19 to the extent it makes me give up playing 17 (with seasons) remains to be seen. I hope so. No, I expect so. I feel more like I've pre-ordered 19 and it comes out the day Seasons is released than I have 19 and am just waiting for Seasons.
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

Can ya tell I'm a big fan of Seasons?
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I am too 😊

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

Seasons is something that is missing from FS19 , FS19 without Seasons is like food without salt. Hopefully soon enough we will have the Seasons mod.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

I Just think seasons gives purpose to the game, without it it just feels like weird repetition. So funny how the weeds pop up the second im done harvesting lol.
I miss trying to get the harvest done in time for winter or collecting the hay before rain (theres litterally no rain in this game for me atm!!!). Game is visually beautiful as is, sure, but it really lacks realism and functionality so cant wait for seasons. What we need next is ground response (dynamic ground) :wink3:
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

Seasons alone will not make the game great enough for me.. I really love seasons, I really do! But once again, I hate the soundsituation in FS19 and therefor I'll stay playing 17. After a 2 month break with no farming, I tried 19 again. I thought it would feel better now, and it did for a while, with a great map and everything but after a couple of hours I tried 17 again and wow, so much better, mostly because of the sound and the overall feel...
Sorry if I went offtopic.. And Dang, I feel like a fricken troll when I alwais talk about the sound... 😕
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

TheSwede wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:58 pm Seasons alone will not make the game great enough for me.. I really love seasons, I really do! But once again, I hate the soundsituation in FS19 and therefor I'll stay playing 17. After a 2 month break with no farming, I tried 19 again. I thought it would feel better now, and it did for a while, with a great map and everything but after a couple of hours I tried 17 again and wow, so much better, mostly because of the sound and the overall feel...
Sorry if I went offtopic.. And Dang, I feel like a fricken troll when I alwais talk about the sound... 😕
I agree.... Seasons will get us very close. But I can't stress this enough, for console we need another lone oak type map before I'll fully be hooked. Vanilla maps aren't great and nothing wrong with the current mod maps but they don't fit my play style. I like to start small and then work my way up to the biggest equipment. A very goal oriented way.... And I just can't do that with the small British maps since the roads can't support the biggest equipment. I'm waiting for a map I can just stay on till the next FS game comes out lol.... For 17 that was lone oak.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I’m dying to play woodshire 19
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Funny thing is, when I first started playing 17, it was really late in it's life. I chose, however, to play without mods for a little while, just so I could get a feel for the game. I had so much fun! I then downloaded seasons, and my brain exploded. I can't really enjoy the game without it now.

Simgamerz4life

Post by Simgamerz4life »

My game is fine though if I was cut off from the good mods I'd complain too
Corsair Vengeance 5180

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 RAM:16GB DDR4-2666 Storage: 480GB M.2 SSD, 2TB HDD
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Simgamerz4life wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:18 am
Yes you would complain...just like everyone else. :lol:

Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

It will help but I think alot of people may not return even for seasons. Its been too long now and people have moved on. On console, its lack of a new map that has me uninterested. I want a map with large fields and no clutter for crop farming and animals. The base maps don't do it. The longer time goes on without seasons and a few new maps, the harder it will be to come back. And this dlc does nothing for me.