DLC question

OlD MrD

DLC question

Post by OlD MrD »

I would like to know if the DLC will count against the mod download limit on console please ?

That is the physical 4gb download not slots or in game restrictions I generally understand why these are in place to keep the game running smooth on the lowest common denominator console.
But the choice to release previous DLC as mods like big bud or platinum map does seem to punish console players a bit with our hard drive space limit.

I’m actually quite looking forward to the DLC some new cool looking mechanics and equipment.
This is not at all rant just a fair question.
With the added bonus of if this is a true DLC and not included in our mod limit getting all this equipment out side of that limit is probably worth the cost (or season pass) alone.

:hi:
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
markare

Re: DLC question

Post by markare »

No, dlc doesn't count towards mod space
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Why can't they bake in the south American map to save space ?

It was announced as part of the base game before launch, but was made available as a mod map that tales up a lot of space.

That needs to be fixed. Imho.
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

markare wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:12 pm No, dlc doesn't count towards mod space
I know it shouldn't count towards it and it didn’t in FS17.
But so far it kinda seems to in FS19.

I think that most of the Giants mods added that are from FS17 (I like that they are doing this by the way) should be in a DLC pack so they don’t count against the limit including the Estancia Lapacho map (760mb of 4gb is a big hit).
And yes I know I don’t have to install it (I don’t have it)
So a nice official word from giants. With maybe a free dlc that includes the FS17 mods in a month or two once they have finished porting them across would be a nice touch.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
markare

Post by markare »

Those where released as mods, not dlc though that's why they went against the storage space, the paid for dlc that gets released will not count towards it.
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

I am a bit confused about the complaints about mod space. I have downloaded every mod that has come out. With the exception of Estancia Lapacho because I don't really care for it. I am at 50% or so full. I have 4 maps downloaded, I only actually play on one of them so could delete the others. Many of the equipment and tractors I have never actually used so I could also delete them. I really don't see an issue with mod space. I ran into it far more often on Fallout. Even on FS17 I never had a problem installing all of the mods I wanted.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Jeramy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:51 pm
I am the same way. I have probably 90% of the available mods added, probably use about half of them and currently have estancia, Marwell and Mercury installed. Only playing 2 of them also. Sitting at 47%

The issue maybe that in fs17 the modhub, on Xbox anyway, wasn’t the most efficient so I was always keeping things just to save me the hassle of trying to find them again but fs19’s modhub is a vast improvement, so far at least, so I doubt I will need to do that this time.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

One thing I've noticed so far is that it's not necassarily the storage space for mods I have an issue with. It's the number of slots that I've used and have no where near the operation that I had on Oregon Springs in FS17. I assume a lot of that stems from the placeables.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

AgPro Farms wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:31 pm One thing I've noticed so far is that it's not necassarily the storage space for mods I have an issue with. It's the number of slots that I've used and have no where near the operation that I had on Oregon Springs in FS17. I assume a lot of that stems from the placeables.
A lot of the placeables actually take very few slots, with the exception of the 76 slot trailer park farmhouse. A lot of the machinery now takes up a lot more though.

I remember when the Challenger/fendt 1050 mod came to fs17 thinking it was a large slot count at around 45. Now a lot of the base machinery has a similar count, especially JD. mainly due to all the extra detail.

I try to limit to one or two ‘high count’ tractors and haven’t had an issue. Also egg, wool, seed and fert pallets now take up slots.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

I’ve probably downloaded 75% of the mods. I like to focus on a particular brand for each map- it’s Fendt on Marwell Manor - and I uncheck all the non-Fendt tractors mods, for example. Another map might have some good existing features, so I’ll uncheck corresponding mod features that I know I won’t use, to reduce clutter on the Purchase screen.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the limit really isn't an issue right now.. but 6 months or a year down the road it will be a different story for consoles.. once there is a better selection people wont be able to just download everything.. u will have to take care to download only what u intend to actually use especially with maps.. as to the slots im not sure what to say.. try to stick with multiples of the same machines I guess.. and if the farm doesn't REALLY need it probs best to pass on the purchase all together or just lease it and send it back.. in fact with the slot limit posing such an issue this time around for consoles I see the leasing feature becoming more prominent for certain types of operations.. just my thought tho
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

What Giants should do is release a free DLC that contains the updated MODs from FS17/15 etc. This would get around the console download limits and get some goodwill from the community.

Even if there is too much for a single DLC they could break them up into multiple DLCs. It may even encourage modders to continue console MODs as there will be additional space available.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

To my understanding that creates a different issue. Mods get installed in reserved space set aside for the game. So if a game is 10gb with 2gb of mod space the game will take up 12gb of your console memory. If you turn the Giants mods into DLCs then you are further eating away at console memory. I generally run at 95%+ capacity. Usually I have to delete one game to install another. I think the current system works fine.

The slot limit is a bigger hassle than the mod limit. Though I have never really hit either.