This BioBaler you speak of.....

FarmingRemasterd

This BioBaler you speak of.....

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Hey yall, just thought id ask around, i saw a baler that handles Poplars, wondering what this means for the FS franchise or even why thry brought it in and what is intended for, im not sure why you would want to bale your woodchips, any ideas?

To Giants: Wierd flex but OK (With the BioBaler and all) if yall dont get that, ignore it, im known for random nonsensical stuff!
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Eische

Re: This BioBaler you speak of.....

Post by Eische »

It is a nice addition to the game and makes it more complete.
With the BioBaler you get a (potentially) cheap entrance into poplar harvest and a nice opportunity for single players.

Currently it is still unknown, what will be the filltype of those bales. Will it be woodchips or wood? Maybe they will get their own filltype with seperate sell price.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Ricky white

Post by Ricky white »

It's for the bio heat plant.instead of using wood chips
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

I think it chops the poplars and bales them. Doesn't turn them into woodchips, just wraps the whole plant into a bale from I can see from the videos and pics.
G'day
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

In the dev blog is mentioned that you can sell them at Sawmill. It may be possible that this will be new filltype.
allstops

Post by allstops »

I know there has been a lot of negativity about the DLC but I am looking forward to the 20 round-bale trailer and the bio baler. I've not done poplar harvesting because it is cost prohibitive and the ROI doesn't seem to make it worth it, hopefully this unit will not be too terribly expensive and make this a viable money-maker rather than a money pit. Here's a link to the Anderson website describing what the baler does, basically it's wood chips.
https://grpanderson.com/en/biomass-pres ... /biobaler/

Now we need cage / bumper addons for our tractors so that we don't get dents, scratches and broken windows when we're driving down those poplars.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ think there is a bumper add in in the dlc