Console modding on a decline ??

Jaydon8817

Console modding on a decline ??

Post by Jaydon8817 »

Just seen a post that FDR have called it a day on making mods for consoles... Is this going to start a trend of great modders not making mods for consoles... This would generally be a disaster as i know how important the modders are to the game, hugely important that GIANTS pull out the stops to not lose console modders, Dissapointing news tbh. I hope something can be resolved with FDR.
Xbox 1

Thankyou to GIANTS and all Modders for making FS great :)

Smile Folks
Husqvarna TS 352

Re: Console modding on a decline ??

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Here we go again...
G'day
Jaydon8817

Post by Jaydon8817 »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:16 pm Here we go again...
Care to expand ? :confusednew:
Xbox 1

Thankyou to GIANTS and all Modders for making FS great :)

Smile Folks
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

To be brutally honest..they make maps for a very niche group. Because of this, we aren't missing much. I do, however, believe that console mods as a whole are on the decline. Modders are put into a position where they have to change their work to fit consoles. They also lack any kind of pretesting, so they end up having to resubmit their mods over and over again.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Having Read FDR's post and their explanation on the decision, then yeah I could see other Modders and Modding Teams going the same way and abandoning Console Support unless Giants can start showing some consistency with it's mod guidelines and testing, maybe going so far as to release some modding tools or application that modders can use to test a mod meets console requirements prior to uploading and submitting it to save all this back and fourth hassle. It also requires Giants though to do some major re-working under the hood Farming Simulator, with the engine and requires them to work closer with the console Manufacturers to try and remove or lift the limits imposed on the game, and therefore passed down onto the modders. The lack of parity between the Console Version and PC Version, just makes modding a nightmare as realistically you're almost required to make two seperate mods, one that's all singing and dancing for the PC players, then the watered down, limited version for the Consoles. This needs to change, we need one version of the game that performs and plays the same on all platforms with no restrictions or limitations and one set of modding guidelines.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

TBH there is still plenty of Console Modders and as for FDR they never been about Console Players he could careless about console he ahs said that many times and Please Don't Forget guys the game hasent even been out a a year its takes months to make a good mod or map and consoles will get mods it just takes time and TBH you don't always needs mods to have a good time there is a plenty of nice equipment to use in game and DLC's with more stuff it took about a year in 17 before we console players got to see a lot of maps yes I know it *censored* but people have lives to so they cant be making Maps or Mods 24 hours 7 days a week and Giants is behind on Testing there is lots of Console mods they have been submitted but there are behind and that *censored* because a mod doesn't pass always first round so we just need to be patient by end of summer we should be seeing a lot more.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I believe FDR weren't really into console modding, it was only people asked for their mods to be on console
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

We have a lot of mods already on console. We have a decline in the pattern right now with a majority of stuff in testing is PC only, but there are still 194 left waiting to be tested. You have a plethora of stuff from Blacksheep that they said will be for console (all good stuff by the way). And you still have people that just now might be figuring things out how mods get rejected, and are working around that.

If modders get a little compensation from a high rated mod that gets a nice amount of downloads, they will take notice of a group of people that make up more than half of the users. Just give it some time.

I joked in my mod dump thread that we want MOAR!, but we have tons of stuff already. And some good stuff in the pipeline.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

I found an interesting conversation on an FS Discord where several big time modders were discussing the downloads of Fs19 mods compared with Fs17 mods along a similar time frame, when both games had been out for roughly 3-4 months.

The general consensus was that the majority of mod downloads was a lot lower in 19 than in 17.

This really surprised me as it did a few others. Even the modders agreed they had expected better.

So maybe a lack of downloads could be putting off many modders bothering to go through all the hoops of getting a mod on console as well as PC.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

We need to consider that whilst some may be quitting modding there may be others just getting started. It's a hobby and like with most things in life it can run its course for people and they move on to something new. There's nothing to say some of the best modders we have seen may not return at a later date once their enthusiasm has returned but ultimately it's up to them to decide what they want to do.
I don't think there's any reason to panic just yet as there's plenty still in the pipeline as far as I've seen.
Mr Green

Post by Mr Green »

Ive seen alot of mods come from 4D modding but alot of it is due to licensing tho which still dose not make much sence due to most of the mods are from 17
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Not all licences are renewed each year.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

billy_roberts_81 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 pm I found an interesting conversation on an FS Discord where several big time modders were discussing the downloads of Fs19 mods compared with Fs17 mods along a similar time frame, when both games had been out for roughly 3-4 months.

The general consensus was that the majority of mod downloads was a lot lower in 19 than in 17.

This really surprised me as it did a few others. Even the modders agreed they had expected better.

So maybe a lack of downloads could be putting off many modders bothering to go through all the hoops of getting a mod on console as well as PC.
I think a lot of that stems from the ModHub being "broken". I'll listen to streams daily while I'm at work, and you'd be surprised how many people this week yet have no idea that Marwell was out yet. Albeit it was taken down of late for some reason. But that whole left click to show all mods is a big time issue that I would say is the number one reason that mod downloads are down.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:18 am But that whole left click to show all mods is a big time issue that I would say is the number one reason that mod downloads are down.
The guy who added the left click idea....
Have him do the dishes for the rest of the year!

Why the hell would you even wanna add that option?!
I have to tell my buddy all the time; click the left stick... cause he’s always unable to find the mods I’m talking about.

Anyways,

To be honest I’m pretty happy with the mods we have at this point.
The only thing I really miss, is the slurry buying point.

Of course, GOOD maps are always welcome.
Like I’d love to see a Loan Oak style map. Preferably by AlienJim since he always puts these awesome things on his maps.
On Mercury Farms there are so many spots to place farms in multiplayer.
And you can pretty much buy anything on the map. (Seed, fertilizers, manure, slurry, grass, straw etc. etc.)
Last edited by iwan073 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ignorance is bliss
Mr Green

Post by Mr Green »

I would really like to see a proper list of licences tho not just what is on the web site