Console modding on a decline ??

Dezza69

Re: Console modding on a decline ??

Post by Dezza69 »

Mr Green wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:33 am I would really like to see a proper list of licences tho not just what is on the web site
From the "ModHub Guidelines":
"Console mod (version) must not include any external scripts or feature any brand GIANTS Software does not possess the license for"
AND
"Licenses of manufacturers, which are not in the basegame, DLC’s or Addons are not allowed on consoles. NoName/Fantasy brands are allowed"

And here is "a proper list of licences" available in the game therefore available to mod developers for consoles:
https://farming-simulator.com/about.php ... atform=ps4

(edit: spelling)
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:25 am
billy_roberts_81 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 pm I found an interesting conversation on an FS Discord where several big time modders were discussing the downloads of Fs19 mods compared with Fs17 mods along a similar time frame, when both games had been out for roughly 3-4 months.

The general consensus was that the majority of mod downloads was a lot lower in 19 than in 17.

This really surprised me as it did a few others. Even the modders agreed they had expected better.

So maybe a lack of downloads could be putting off many modders bothering to go through all the hoops of getting a mod on console as well as PC.
My thoughts on that is that in 17 mods were brand new to console so everybody was eager to download anything and everything. Now you go from having all those mods to a base game with next to nothing and the mods that are coming out aren't what you want or are expecting so they just don't download them. Then too you have the limited storage space issue which now that you've had two years of mods to pick from, you know what you want and you're more selective.

But then you have the modders who are releasing a lot of basic stuff almost like a test of the new version/system so they have a confident grasp of it before they delve into something more complicated
Totally agree modders are still learning the new system so some of the stuff being released now is tests but we should see it pick up over the summer as they become more comfy with the system.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Dezza69 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 am
Mr Green wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:33 am I would really like to see a proper list of licences tho not just what is on the web site
From the "ModHub Guidelines":
"Console mod (version) must not include any external scripts or feature any brand GIANTS Software does not possess the license for"
AND
"Licenses of manufacturers, which are not in the basegame, DLC’s or Addons are not allowed on consoles. NoName/Fantasy brands are allowed"

And here is "a proper list of licences" available in the game therefore available to mod developers for consoles:
https://farming-simulator.com/about.php ... atform=ps4

(edit: spelling)
So we won’t be seeing the Webba 6m plow anymore?
Cause that brand is not in the base game...
Ignorance is bliss
Mr Green

Post by Mr Green »

Yah thats what i got so theres no hope now i guess. Once a pc game always a pc game :sadnew:
iB055

Post by iB055 »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 pm We have a lot of mods already on console. We have a decline in the pattern right now with a majority of stuff in testing is PC only, but there are still 194 left waiting to be tested. You have a plethora of stuff from Blacksheep that they said will be for console (all good stuff by the way). And you still have people that just now might be figuring things out how mods get rejected, and are working around that.

If modders get a little compensation from a high rated mod that gets a nice amount of downloads, they will take notice of a group of people that make up more than half of the users. Just give it some time.

I joked in my mod dump thread that we want MOAR!, but we have tons of stuff already. And some good stuff in the pipeline.
DJGoHam made a good point about this in one of his recent videos. Sure a lot of the mods currently in testing are PC only now but that's not to say they won't be available to consoles in the future because all mods have to pass PC testing first to then be available for testing for consoles.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
pingu

Post by pingu »

Jaydon8817 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:04 pm Just seen a post that FDR have called it a day on making mods for consoles... Is this going to start a trend of great modders not making mods for consoles... This would generally be a disaster as i know how important the modders are to the game, hugely important that GIANTS pull out the stops to not lose console modders, Dissapointing news tbh. I hope something can be resolved with FDR.
So, you have seen one (1) modder saying no more mods for consoles. And from that piece of a feather you construct a whole chicken about "console modding on a decline"? If only one person in this world decided this week to start modding for consoles, then console modding is not on a decline. Looks like a clear case of Betteridge's law of headlines...
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Looks like time to get a pc then eh!! Best of both worlds
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

As long as we got the great stuff from BSM to consoles we will have what we need, but i am afraid mod-testing and release still goes slow, and with dlc upcoming i am affraid we have to wait one more month to see som new good stuff for consoles, thats my worry
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

NickD94 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 pm TBH there is still plenty of Console Modders and as for FDR they never been about Console Players he could careless about console he ahs said that many times and Please Don't Forget guys the game hasent even been out a a year its takes months to make a good mod or map and consoles will get mods it just takes time and TBH you don't always needs mods to have a good time there is a plenty of nice equipment to use in game and DLC's with more stuff it took about a year in 17 before we console players got to see a lot of maps yes I know it *censored* but people have lives to so they cant be making Maps or Mods 24 hours 7 days a week and Giants is behind on Testing there is lots of Console mods they have been submitted but there are behind and that *censored* because a mod doesn't pass always first round so we just need to be patient by end of summer we should be seeing a lot more.
This basically... And that goes for pc as well
Patience people... Patience
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

pingu wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 am
Jaydon8817 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:04 pm Just seen a post that FDR have called it a day on making mods for consoles... Is this going to start a trend of great modders not making mods for consoles... This would generally be a disaster as i know how important the modders are to the game, hugely important that GIANTS pull out the stops to not lose console modders, Dissapointing news tbh. I hope something can be resolved with FDR.
So, you have seen one (1) modder saying no more mods for consoles. And from that piece of a feather you construct a whole chicken about "console modding on a decline"? If only one person in this world decided this week to start modding for consoles, then console modding is not on a decline. Looks like a clear case of Betteridge's law of headlines...
Betteridge's law of headlines was meant as a joke, not fact.
The Op is clearly asking a question, not claiming it to be fact.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Unfortunately, that is unlikely due to the nature of licensing agreements (confidentiality clauses). Furthermore, posting a list of what could be included will likely just lead to people demanding that anything and everything encompassed by said licensing agreements be included, at no additional cost to them.

As for the whole mod download part, there are plenty of mods out there, but you wouldn't think much about them, given the toxic reception many of them receive... Just stroll through any number of the mod request/whine/demand threads in both General Discussion and the modding section, and tally up the number of negative comments directed towards GIANTS and/or the modders because they haven't created/released that particular niche content that very few are likely interested in. Look at all the drama raised over the christmas tree placeable... Sure, likely not in great demand throughout the community, but ever stop and think that maybe this was an attempt to figure out "what right looks like", in order to pave the way for future, more complex mods?

Throw in the fact that the console community tends to already have their hackles raised over the disparity between what mods are available on console vs those available on PC (something for which GIANTS is not solely responsible - go poke Sony and Microsoft!). Add in the fact that mod content is created on the PC platform (no, not trying to incite #PCMasterRace - I play on both!), so the expectation becomes that those who create mods, and by extension likely play on PC (and many probably play on console as well), are expected, if not outright demanded, to jump through the additional hoops required to port mods to consoles, is it really any wonder?
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

This whole script nonsense, its clear that game changing script based mods like seasons can come to consoles because if there popular enough giants should be integrating them into the base game and they don't have to worry about the modded scripts. Lazyness from giants end.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
Jaydon8817

Post by Jaydon8817 »

pingu wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 am
Thanks for your feedback ;) if you were knowledgable about the situation you would find that its been quite a few modders that have stepped back from console modding but im sure we can forgive you and your comment... Smile :)
Xbox 1

Thankyou to GIANTS and all Modders for making FS great :)

Smile Folks
Jaydon8817

Post by Jaydon8817 »

I understand some folks think that i am saying its on a decline but the topic was me asking peoples thoughts if they think its on a decline, it should be a healthy debate thats all :)
Xbox 1

Thankyou to GIANTS and all Modders for making FS great :)

Smile Folks
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Stevo0114 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am Looks like time to get a pc then eh!! Best of both worlds
:this: *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh