Can Vehicles Not Run Out Of Fuel??

cdotcizzle

Can Vehicles Not Run Out Of Fuel??

Post by cdotcizzle »

My harvester gas gauge hit empty at 14.8 engine hours, I’m now at 17.1 and still haven’t run out of fuel! Fuel setting to default.
TaintedBlackCat

Re: Can Vehicles Not Run Out Of Fuel??

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Yep it's totally annoyingly, ridiculously stupid, we have 5 or 6 different mods on the modhub that involve refuelling. Tanks, pumps, tanker trailers they're all useless. I'm 25 hours in on my latest save and still haven't had to refuel any of my vehicles😿 it would be awesome to actually be able to enjoy the refuelling aspect of this "simulator."
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 am
So everything just keeps running indefinitely with 0 fuel? Seems peculiar. In 17 (at least with Season, anyway) the engine would not start when you were out of fuel.
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

I've had a harvester and a tractor run both out of fuel. They kept running on empty with a helper and then stopped working as soon as the helper was done. I had to buy a fuel tanker to run out to the field.

Not sure why yours don't run out.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
cdotcizzle

Post by cdotcizzle »

BigTex114 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:18 am I've had a harvester and a tractor run both out of fuel. They kept running on empty with a helper and then stopped working as soon as the helper was done. I had to buy a fuel tanker to run out to the field.

Not sure why yours don't run out.
Could you please tell us what setting your fuel is on?
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

This might be one of save game bugs. Have you tried to consume all fuel in one go? I mean, without save and load in between? Because I found that in some cases, if I save the game when the fuel level is very low, certain amount of fuel is 'recovered' next time I load.
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

I had a helper run out of fuel while harvesting and he/she/it stopped in the middle of the field until I came with some fuel.. Default settings..
cdotcizzle

Post by cdotcizzle »

suniboy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:56 am This might be one of save game bugs. Have you tried to consume all fuel in one go? I mean, without save and load in between? Because I found that in some cases, if I save the game when the fuel level is very low, certain amount of fuel is 'recovered' next time I load.
Lol no. I ain’t playing for 15 hours straight or just leaving ps running FS for that long either. I get your point but I ain’t THAT worried about it. Just annoying as I bought a pick up truck and trailer just for gas and appears I’ll never need it... kind of lame considering it’s calling Farming SIMULATOR lol
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

cdotcizzle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:32 am Could you please tell us what setting your fuel is on?
Default.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Do you have the settings for the helpers set to buy? Asin buy fuel / manure / seed etc?

Because then the gauge will only go down if you drive the machine... Not a helper. (then only your bank account will change)
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

I have mine set to all helper items to off and fuel is default and mine do run out of fuel, I’m on console .
You keep a Troshin :hi:
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Then there is your problem I think.
Check the Gameplay helper settings
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

What setting do you play on? I have fuel set on low and I have to refuel every 10 working hours, this is mainly for tractors and combines though. I play on easy btw.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Does low or default consume fuel faster?
cdotcizzle

Post by cdotcizzle »

duncan_101 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 am Do you have the settings for the helpers set to buy? Asin buy fuel / manure / seed etc?

Because then the gauge will only go down if you drive the machine... Not a helper. (then only your bank account will change)
My helper settings are default but i only use helper for lime plowing and cotton so they’ve never been I’m my agco harvester which is the one not running out of gas