A couple of big and smaller questions

viprit

A couple of big and smaller questions

Post by viprit »

I am curious about a few things i came over i hope you guys could maybe know the answers to.

How many tillage tools are actually worth using? Are there any differences between a Plough and Subsoiler, Harrow and Power harrow.

Seeders that say they don't need any ploughing, does this also count for the perioding ploughing, every 3 harvests? If so, so many of those seeders make a whole heap of equipment useless?

Are there any roundbalers that do not require stopping (modhub or basegame only)?

The baler that is in the stock game that also wraps, i forgot the name, is it possible to turn off the wrapper part so you can use it for unwrapped and wrapped bales?

Animals like cows that use TMR (100%), Hay/Silage (75%), Grass (25%), does that mean that i could feed them TMR exclusively and no need to use the other ones except for immersion?

What happens to straw when i do not extend the strawswat? Does it get counted as fertiliser?

Can animals die if not being fed for a long enough time?

Can you still make a profit on animals if you purchase all or most of their food?

Is there a mod in the works to be put on the hub to make the sun ruse sooner and go down later? It is like dark at 19:00, while i'd love it to be up til at least 22:00, like in summer.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
PrincessJessi84

Re: A couple of big and smaller questions

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

hi.. I can answer a couple of these things
1- a plow is in its own category but its shared with subsoiler which also gives plowed state on cultivated texture.. the other 2 (in game) only count as cultivators so use them as u see fit
2- seeders that don't need cultivating r called drills or direct drills.. but u still need to plow separate but u can skip the cultivating step.. also u no longer have to plow every 3 harvests.. in fs19 its based on crop type
3- as far as I know there r not any balers nor have ever been any that don't require unloading for round.. in fs17 there was a stand alone mod that applied the auto unload to all round balers but idk if its made it to fs19
4- in fs19 u can feed them TMR exclusively unless u don't have the equipment.. each type grants its corresponding productivity so giving silage/hay exclusively will grant 75% productivity for example
5- no not yet.. im not sure if that mod has made it over yet but the base game gives nothing for chopping the straw
6- no animals do not die unless its thru a mod (seasons as an example which isn't released yet)
7- im not sure about buying their food but ive heard that u can pull a profit on easy mode that way.. someone who has done it would be better to ask
8- im not sure if such a mod exists but for some reason I cant shake the feeling that ive seen something along that line somewhere

hope this helps and happy farming ~Jessi~

edit- skipped a question.. u cannot turn off the wrapping feature but as far as I know it will only wrap grass but will pass hay and straw straight thru.. ive not spent much time with this machine but ive seen others discussing it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

I was surprised to see that the bale and wrapper machine wrapped my hay. So, no, you can't turn off the wrap part of it. Silly. I bought the first yellow baler machine in the store, to wrap hay and straw.
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Yes, you only need to give the cows tmr. No need for hay or grass.
NZFarmer1357

Post by NZFarmer1357 »

1. Plow and subsoiler both give the same field state - plowed. The difference between them is that the plow can create new fields, a subsoiler can't. Harrow and power harrow's are the same as a cultivator, but if you just use a direct drill, no need for these.

2. Kind of, it counts towards the cultivating requirement, you don't need to cultivate prior to seeding if you use a direct drill. You don't have to do the periodic plowing if you use these, it allows you to seed regardless. However, it will still show 'requires plowing' if you haven't and you therefore get the 10% (may be 15%, can't remember) decrease in productivity if you haven't.

3. There is an auto unload script out there that allows auto unload of round balers, but it is not on the official modhub. So can only get it if on PC.

4. Can't turn off the wrapping, but as others have said, if you are collecting hay or straw, it can't wrap those. If your collecting grass, no choice but to wrap it for silage.

5. Yes, TMR just by itself will give you 100%. But, food for thought: If hay or silage gives 75%, and grass gives 25%, why go to the effort of making silage and TMR... Can't grass and hay give you 100% combined without all the extra effort?

6. No.

7. No.

8. I buy food for my animals, but I am on easy economy. The price I can sell my crops for is higher than the cost of buying, so I only feed them from my own fields for realism and when I can't be bothered loading bales or pallets at the store. This will be different on hard economy, I think the price you can sell your crops for is lower than the cost of buying, so in hard it would make sense to feed them from your own fields rather than the store. Do they make a profit overall if you are buying food though? My horses do, pigs do, haven't done chickens or cows yet. There is a post on the reddit looking at animal profitablility in the pinned posts.

9. Unsure sorry.
Guil

Post by Guil »

NZFarmer1357 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:58 pm

2. Kind of, it counts towards the cultivating requirement, you don't need to cultivate prior to seeding if you use a direct drill. You don't have to do the periodic plowing if you use these, it allows you to seed regardless. However, it will still show 'requires plowing' if you haven't and you therefore get the 10% (may be 15%, can't remember) decrease in productivity if you haven't.
Periodic plowing only has to be done after rootcrops, corn and maybe sunflower. Lime is spread every 3 harvests instead of plowing after 3.
NZFarmer1357

Post by NZFarmer1357 »

Guil wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Periodic plowing only has to be done after rootcrops, corn and maybe sunflower. Lime is spread every 3 harvests instead of plowing after 3.
Thanks, I stand corrected. Would also add Sugarcane to the list too
MattFendt939

Post by MattFendt939 »

So if you use a subsoiler does it remove the "needs plowing" state from a field?
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

MattFendt939 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:19 am So if you use a subsoiler does it remove the "needs plowing" state from a field?
Yes!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
MattFendt939

Post by MattFendt939 »

Thanks for that.
Guil

Post by Guil »

MattFendt939 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:19 am So if you use a subsoiler does it remove the "needs plowing" state from a field?
Just to add to this, you can't use a subsoiler on a plowing contract.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

Guil wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 pm

When I started on Oakfield, I turned off the lime option and turned on periodic plowing. I'm pretty sure I have harvested my fields 5 or 6 times and it still doesn't show they need plowed. So, with periodic plowing turned on, do I only have to plow after the 4 crops? (Potatoes, sugar beets, corn, sugarcane) Or do I need to plow after every 3 harvests and have to keep up with when it's time to plow on my own?
I thought it would show when the fields needed plowed on the map, like in fs 17.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Only after those crops.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

Ok thanks for clarifying.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yep, in FS17 it was after every 3 harvests, now lime is needed after every 3 and plowing only after specific crops.