^Title
Mattharv

Re: What Happened to BulletBill?

Post by Mattharv »

Don't open this can of beans it's gonna get messy
pingu

Post by pingu »

Is it really any business of ours what (or what have not) happened to him? I'm sure he will tell us if he thinks it is our business.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

Actually i am just gonna say it before this gets locked . Bullet bill was one of my top 3 fav modders of 17 i have over 400 hours on lone oak nothing but respect for his work . But the way his been sinc the start of 19 is rediculos lots of complaining lots of noise then when he didn't get his way he said done . He said he always likes to make his works better and feels he cant make things look better in fs19 then they were in fs17 which is complete bs everything looks better in 19 look at all the mod converts look at the map converts mercury farm is stunning in 19
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Mattharv wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 pm
Wow :confusednew: Ok let me decode this before I make my post...seriously though, you are completely wrong. He isn't making mods for 19 because he tried to make one and he was very unhappy about the way it looked. He said as much. It's not because he "didn't get his way"

It is true that he was very vocal about his disappointment with 19, but that's no reason to throw off on the guy. He has given alot to the FS community.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
pingu

Post by pingu »

Mattharv wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 pm
That's your opinion, and it is not one bit more valid than the one you call ridiculous and bs. I have read his posts here, and he took time to explain what he didn't like with FS19 and why.
As for how FS19 looks and feels, I agree with BulletBill.
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I know he had given alot to the community but it has also given back to him he said his pc broke DIDN'T even ask for help and in less then a week the community donated enough for a new one . But for him to say its not possible to make things look better when i have seen it with my owy eyes is bs his dessicon was political thats fine just say that don't give some bs that things dont look beter in 19
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I know he had given alot to the community but it has also given back to him he said his pc broke DIDN'T even ask for help and in less then a week the community donated enough for a new one . But for him to say its not possible to make things look better when i have seen it with my owy eyes is bs his dessicon was political thats fine just say that don't give some bs that things dont look better in 19
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

In BB’s last post he said he had stopped making mods and that due to abusive message he and a couple of other modders had received on different forums he and oxygendavid had closed their accounts in a number of places.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Mattharv wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Really? Ok I'm going to try and be tactful but wow...anyway, back to the topic at hand. He's entitled to his opinion. He doesn't like the game. Modders make mods for themselves, not at the behest of other people. It's your own sense of entitlement that leads you to believe he or any other modder owes you anything. I've play tested skyrim mods and I'm always left in awe at the amount of work my friends put into them. If they don't enjoy the game they are modding for, they lose passion and making the mods becomes a chore.

Quit Putting the guy down, I'm sure he's done more than you have to contribute.

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

Bullet Bill Rocks!! [insert headbanging smiley here]
pingu

Post by pingu »

Mattharv wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm
If you stop calling others opinions for "bs", then maybe people will start appreciating your opinions.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm
This is why he quit making mods:
BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 am Due to various reasons I find absolutely no enjoyment with FS19 what-so-ever. It is not immersive, or enjoyable in it's present state. The lighting and graphics are more a case of "look at what our new graphics engine can do", instead of actually getting the settings balanced so we are not driving around in post apocolyptic world. The vehicle engine sound response to acceleration, load and other tasks is well... I'm sorry but bluntly it's broken. It may have the exact recorded sounds of the RL tractors but the sound engine doesn't work. It's no good driving a 400bhp tractor around a tarmac test track with no equipment attached and expecting to get a realistic engine sound. GIANTS really need to spend some time on an actual farm, and not for a employee + family day out, although that looked lovely, but a RL working farm where they can observe and understand just what it looks and sounds like in the real world.

So many aspects of the game feel unfinished and this just takes away any enjoyment from playing it. I know there are plenty who enjoy it, and yes I am a fussy old git, but I like what I like and this isn't it.

After the release and disappointment of what we had been promised compared to what we got I found myself not knowing what to do. Modding for FS19 is harder, which is fine if you enjoy the game, but with that gone, modding for it felt hollow and pointless.
Instead I've gone back to FS17 and am working on a project for myself and a few friends for our dedi server. It is a massively refreshing change to recent modding, and extremely enjoyable. Making exactly what I want, not what other players want. FS17 may seem and look outdated in some areas, but the actual gameplay is still far more enjoyable than anything FS19 has to offer. Maybe in 12 months time the game might be worth playing.
At the end of the day we do this all for enjoyment, otherwise what is the point right.

NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

Well people have a right to be pi** at BulletBill as when his computer failed the community helped him buy a new one and he promised to bring new stuff to FS19 and lied I was gonna a donate to him but I'm glad I never did he is a thief and a liar
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Addictedtofs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:18 pm
This is why he quit making mods:

Yes that’s the reason he quit making mods for 19.

It must have been a different post of his saying about them closing their accounts on various social media. I believe it was after something that happened on fs-uk a while ago.

It’s friday and my brain has clearly switched off for the weekend. 😀