SAVED GAME wont load

STONED PARTSGUY

SAVED GAME wont load

Post by STONED PARTSGUY »

Hello all, I didn't put this under bugs because I feel like im one of the only ones experiencing this issue but maybe someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried. I have 173+ hours into a save on Ravenport that im so addicted to that I almost got a divorce. Each time I load the save after about 10 seconds the game crashes to the xbox one dashboard, I know its console and im probably sol but im devastated so im trying anything I can. I have tried to load with no mods checked off and all mods uninstalled and still nothing. I have tried clearing my xbox cache and deleting and relaoding the game and nothing has helped. I can load a new save on Ravenport with or without mods no problem, also I can load marwell manor with about 60 hours no problem. any suggestions? I have contacted giants and a nice person named Janice is trying to help but im sure she or he has a long list of others to help. Thank you.
canadafarms

Re: SAVED GAME wont load

Post by canadafarms »

May I ask what the last thing you were doing on the save? For example did you by any chance place a shed or do any landscaping the last time you played that save? Some of the buildings have been known to cause crashes. Any info on what you were last doing on the save might help to figure out what is going on. I am on PS so not the same but I have been having crashing issues on two separate systems playing 19 but haven’t had a corrupt save....yet, knock on wood.
PS4
STONED PARTSGUY

I placed one building the last time i was able to run that farm, the large one door equip shed that recently came out on console. I have uninstalled that and other recent mods to no avail. It will allow me to start a new Ravenport with or w/o mods
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Did you use the goldhoefer lowloader? It causes crashing when detatching from truck and is fixed in upcoming patch.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Yeah I am really not sure what it could be, like I said I am on PS and some buildings crash my game but it could be anything. What exactly were you doing for say the last hour or so on that save before this started? I am just throwing things out there that might help diagnose the problem. Like the above poster said the Goldhofer is another known issue, any info you can provide would be helpful
PS4
STONED PARTSGUY

I have it, thats the one thats been in for a while I think, Ive had it take off on me lol... Ive had that for months tho, but ill sure delete it tonight
STONED PARTSGUY

I also that night cut down a bunch of trees and was preparing to expand a lower field. thank you so much for the responses.
STONED PARTSGUY

i should also add that the game never completes the load, a few helpful hints flash down the bottom rh corner then it just crashes the game before loading.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

No problem, trees could be the issue. Trees are.....well, can be problematic. The physics they generate in the game can cause issues. If you have a lot of them cut and laying on the ground that could be a problem. If you can’t get into the save before crashing I really don’t know how you could fix it. That may not be it but that would be my guess. Maybe some other players will have some other ideas, I hope somehow this could be fixed for you, that’s a lot of time to put in and have this happen.
PS4
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

If you can't even load up the save I would just leave it and start fresh on a new map, and try again in a while. Preferrably after patch.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
STONED PARTSGUY

I am going to have to do just that and walk away from that save its just hard to swallow this because i know pc folks would be able to fix it on pc and what if i bust my hump on other save and it happens again.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Well I hope it doesn’t and maybe the patch that should be dropped any day now will prevent this from happening again but without knowing for sure what the issue was in the first place that’s hard to say. One thing I would avoid in the future is having too many logs laying around the map. I do know on all FS games since logging has been added that trees can cause performance issues. Best to do a load or maybe two and sell them before doing more. Good luck and don’t get a divorce trying to rebuild, FS won’t keep you warm at night :lol:
PS4
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I kind of had the same thing happen on 17. I put in 200+ hrs on old stream farm then one night I was using a mod and all the sudden I started hitting hidden collisions every where. In the middle of the field, middle of the road, etc.,. Ended up deleting the game save.

Fast forward a couple months. I was on Lone Oak, and using a mod that I was using the night I started having problems on Old Stream, and had the same exact issues. I deleted the mod, and had no issues after that. I was angry I deleted the game save over that. Lol, long story.

Anyways, moral of the story...don't delete your game save. The new patch whenever it drop, may fix your issue. Just like people had with Mercury Farms. Hope it works out for ya.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

canadafarms wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm Well I hope it doesn’t and maybe the patch that should be dropped any day now will prevent this from happening again but without knowing for sure what the issue was in the first place that’s hard to say. One thing I would avoid in the future is having too many logs laying around the map. I do know on all FS games since logging has been added that trees can cause performance issues. Best to do a load or maybe two and sell them before doing more. Good luck and don’t get a divorce trying to rebuild, FS won’t keep you warm at night :lol:
I don't mean to reply twice separately, but I'm old and technology is leaving me behind. But I second the sentiment about logs. I was clearing fields on Ravenport. And I must have had 50+ individual logs in a tipper, I was in hardcore slideshow mode. So I could see that as a major issue.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Did you ask your wife about it? Maybe she was trying to save your marriage and corrupted your save file.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada