Follow me and GPS mod for console?

Dee80

Re: Follow me and GPS mod for console?

Post by Dee80 »

Well back to playing cod it is lol
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

I already understood that they never reach console since it was explained thousands of times why, so friend be happy with cod and bfV because that is not possible I see it difficult better save for a PC I do the same because I want more advanced mods I do not say quality but more models so I think that I no longer dream ok :hi: :gamer:
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Dee80

Post by Dee80 »

Yeah well waste of 160 lol farm like never before they said lol and after how many times the mods have been in the game you would of thought it would be part of the base game shows how much giants are out of touch with the players lol
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

consoles schmonsoles.. i'm still waiting for the PC release :/
sabalero

Post by sabalero »

Dee80 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:18 pm Yeah well waste of 160 lol farm like never before they said lol and after how many times the mods have been in the game you would of thought it would be part of the base game shows how much giants are out of touch with the players lol
They are not out of touch with the players, they have to decide how they sell the most.

And - incredible, but truth - most of the players don't use any mods

And if FS is that bad, just change to another Farming game :lol:
PS4 | Germany
Realistic- CropRotation - Seasons
Dee80

Post by Dee80 »

Sabalero so what your saying they deliverd on that promise of farm like never before lol are you that delusional lol what sells the most 🤣🤣🤣 geusing andersons pack dlc is a prime example of what people were expecting lol
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Hi all,

To put it simple, the mods aren't Giant's property. So including them in a next version of the basegame because they exist, my two cents would be it's like stoling it from modders. They are modders property and they allow us all to use it by submitting it to modhub or mod sites. Knowing that, everything that come's after can turn to get a bit complicated. We should simply be happy having some at hand, we could have none of them at all.

With that said, for the amount of time modders put in building a mod, I think they deserve credit and respect from it no matter it's only PC or both PC/console. And the reason why or why not is their own. For what's about legal stuff and what should and shouldn't, Giants, modders, Sony and MS are all big enough to stay and keep it clean. But do we have to everytime know why, I guess not really.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Dee80

Post by Dee80 »

I know without the modders this game be dead and I'm not even sure if it's possible or who the modder is that made follow me or GPS mod but hey I'd donate for them to have a crack at it and I'm sure other console users would aswel
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Dee80 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 pm I know without the modders this game be dead and I'm not even sure if it's possible or who the modder is that made follow me or GPS mod but hey I'd donate for them to have a crack at it and I'm sure other console users would aswel
Hi Dee80,

Just to goof a little, the best Follow Me for console I actually found availiable that work pretty well is playing multiplayer :lol: Thus it's ain't always perfect, it does the job :lol:

Have fun!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Cad_dao wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm
While the mods themselves are property of the modders who created them, the idea, unfortunately for them, is not. If giants wanted to expand on the AI to make it more functional, that wouldn't be considered theft.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Probably the most asked mod for FS17, why on earth Giants didnt add some kind of code into the engine for FS19 so modders could add this is beyond me, but then it still rains in buildings. just shows the dont really listen to there fan base and just do there own thing
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

WolfeUK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am but then it still rains in buildings.
This was fixed quite a while ago, have you updated the game at all lately?
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 pm
Cad_dao wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm
While the mods themselves are property of the modders who created them, the idea, unfortunately for them, is not. If giants wanted to expand on the AI to make it more functional, that wouldn't be considered theft.
That's exactly right and what I've been trying to get across to people. Giants could program in the most popular functionality that we see in mods (GPS, Follow, Seasons) so they wouldn't have to be mods. It's a great way for Giants to get ideas because they can tell what the players really like. Plus, modders will come and go, so there may not always be somebody around to update certain mods for new version.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

WolfeUK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am Probably the most asked mod for FS17, why on earth Giants didnt add some kind of code into the engine for FS19 so modders could add this is beyond me, but then it still rains in buildings. just shows the dont really listen to there fan base and just do there own thing
I have to (politely) disagree with you. If GIANTS were to "add some kind of code into the engine" to support the wanton addition of undefined (at the time of launch) scripts through mods, then the game itself probably would not have been accepted by the console OEMs due to the inability to maintain an appropriate level of playability/stability.

Personally, I believe that stability is probably the single-largest issue that Sony and MS have in mind when it comes to permitting the addition/modification of scripts/coding. Consoles have a carefully curated user experience, which in turn typically means a better overall user experience (note - I did not say "gameplay experience", which is something different). I suspect they are more concerned with the console booting up reliably and without delay, than they are with accepting the liability that comes with uncontrolled code changes.

Or, let's look at it from another perspective - Sony and MS decide to permit code additions/modifications, but ONLY if it is tested to the same extent as the original code, and one of the stipulations is that the end-user experience is not degraded in any way (i.e. game cannot run slower/rougher). Do you really think Sony and MS are going to entertain weekly code update submissions from GIANTS? From all the chatter surrounding the introduction of Seasons to consoles with FS17, I do not get the sense that such things are quick nor easy...

Imagine if GIANTS actually did what so many are demanding (often without appreciating the reasons behind the existing decisions...) and Sony and MS turned around and said "nope!" - would the torch & pitchfork brigade turn their attention to them?

I'm all for expressing ideas and opinions - but I do not support the generation/propagation of uninformed conclusions, drawn from partial/erroneous information.