Thoughts on new patch for consoles

Addictedtofs

Thoughts on new patch for consoles

Post by Addictedtofs »

I reckon this should have been expected, but the paint grass fix doesn't seem to work on mod maps.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
gordon861

Re: Thoughts on new patch for consoles

Post by gordon861 »

I think I saw this mentioned on another thread that this isn't just for consoles, something would need to be added to the modded maps to allow this to work.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

gordon861 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm
I figured as much lol
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Have they added a brightness option under Options?
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

Honestly at this point im just hoping the patch works so we dont have to wait another 3 months for a 900 megabite update. I mean at that small of an update they could of just released updates as they fixed things instead making us wait three months.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Any difference in engine sounds?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
yourex4

Post by yourex4 »

"Various sound changes" did not change anything in my opinion. The analog acceleration button is still very sensitive. Tracktors and combines are very loud even if u hold the button 50%. Its very difficult to hold and set desire speed. When max speed is reached, the engine cuts off and its much quiter but even the slites hill/bump makes it go full torque again. I am on ps4. I am not happy with this change if anything had been changed at all.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I see they fixed the Great Plains planter.

I myself didn't have too many issues on console before this. Really aside from selling pallets, floating cotton bales there wasn't much that I had troubles with. I was just hoping with the 3 months that took place between patches we would have seen things like engine sounds be tweaked. I am still hoping for an update to the sound of the 1455xl CaseIh. Needs a nice diesel growl! Lol.

So about growing painted grass on modded maps, I hope something small like this will not require a new gave save. I have actually no idea about how coding works, just asking a question.

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

You won't need a new savegame that you make grass grow after painting, but you will have to wait for the mod maps to be updated to take advantage of this new feature.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

Hi all, disappointed that the shimmering and white lines on shadow side of vehicles are still there on xbox one x.
Maybe it's just me as I don't see it mentioned that much, it just makes it unplayable for me too distracting, can't comment on anything else as I stopped playing.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

I'm on xbox x I don't get this problem possibly something to do with your xbox maybe
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Stegei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 pm You won't need a new savegame that you make grass grow after painting, but you will have to wait for the mod maps to be updated to take advantage of this new feature.
Thank you for responding, I know Oxygendavid made sure when he updated his map recently, he wanted to make sure it didn't require a new game save. Nothing worse than putting in a lot of hours on a map, then with an update, you have to start from scratch.

Also, you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the effort you put into the game. It's the only one I play. I'm Looking forward to the DLC.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Stevo0114 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 pm I'm on xbox x I don't get this problem possibly something to do with your xbox maybe
I think it's an issue that you either notice or you don't. I really noticed it in the first month. I wasn't sure it I liked it or disliked it. But since then I've gotten used to it, almost to the point where I "don't see it" if that makes sense.

iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Grey20 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm Hi all, disappointed that the shimmering and white lines on shadow side of vehicles are still there on xbox one x.
Maybe it's just me as I don't see it mentioned that much, it just makes it unplayable for me too distracting, can't comment on anything else as I stopped playing.
I’m on the PS4 Pro and the white lines got less after turning off the consoles “Super Sampling” option.
Not sure if the Xbox has something similar
Ignorance is bliss
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

Thanks for replies, I will have a look again at my settings, I don't have this in any other games, fs17 looks really good in comparison.