Plowing

BrandonD01

Re: Plowing

Post by BrandonD01 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Personally, I use the regular moldboard plough for plowing then the chisel (FS-cultivator) then plant, simply because it gives me an extra step to prepare the fields, instead of plow/cultivate all at one time. Down here in south US were I'm from we don't use moldboards for plowing, no need. We usually just run a disk a time or two, then a shank or chisel plow, then plant. So in my case I'd like it if the disks gave a plowed state and created fields same as moldboard plows. Then the subsoilers could stay the same with the plow/cultivator state in one pass, cultivators stay the same also. Just my thoughts. :hmm: :biggrin2:
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy

iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:44 pm

BrandonD01 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm
Personally, I use the regular moldboard plough for plowing then the chisel (FS-cultivator) then plant, simply because it gives me an extra step to prepare the fields, instead of plow/cultivate all at one time. Down here in south US were I'm from we don't use moldboards for plowing, no need. We usually just run a disk a time or two, then a shank or chisel plow, then plant. So in my case I'd like it if the disks gave a plowed state and created fields same as moldboard plows. Then the subsoilers could stay the same with the plow/cultivator state in one pass, cultivators stay the same also. Just my thoughts. :hmm: :biggrin2:
Ya, up here in northern US i goes a few different ways. depending on crop rotation!

grains into beets,

step 1. harvest the grain, barley gets swatted then picked up with a pick header(which is not in the game :/)
step 2. harrow your cuttings(not in the game)
step 3. disc or Chisel plow-angles
step 4. disc or chisel plow second growth-angles(not in game)
step 5. fertilize, then cultivate, doesn't matter, before winter or after winter
step 6. (AFTER WINTER)fertilize, then cultivate if you didn't before the winter
step 7. harrow pack(not in the game)
step 8. seed your beets
step 9. spray multiple times(average is 4 times a year for fungicide)
step 10. opening for beets( head lands and 24 rows for opening)
step 11. harvest
step 12. disc(once)

thats just grains into beets though. many other different steps with other rotations.

But, being Beets are the money crop! and the most influential based on tender loving care and ground control, there are a ton more steps!

you usually never wanna do any other crop on 1 field before beet other then barley or wheat

Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:56 pm

rjiii88 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Stevo0114 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:57 am
rjiii88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:32 pm

FLEXICOIL ST28 PLOW. Run mine on PC. Don't know about consoles.
That's a cultivator not a plough you can't create new fields with it but it is available on all platforms
Just get the mod that is revised to plough like I did. You can't tell me that it is not a plough, when it states and I use it as a plough.
Oh ok just thought when u plow you only do it every 3 harvests or so but land needs cultivating every harvest I think Giants have got that a wee bit wrong
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Stevo0114 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:56 pm
rjiii88 wrote:
Stevo0114 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:57 am

That's a cultivator not a plough you can't create new fields with it but it is available on all platforms
Just get the mod that is revised to plough like I did. You can't tell me that it is not a plough, when it states and I use it as a plough.
Oh ok just thought when u plow you only do it every 3 harvests or so but land needs cultivating every harvest I think Giants have got that a wee bit wrong
In 17, with periodic ploughing on, ploughing was required after every 3rd harvest regardless of crop.

In 19, ploughing is no longer required prescriptively every 3rd harvest. It is now required only after specific crops, namely corn, potatoes, beets, and flowers (I think flowers - there was some ambiguity about this one and it may have been changed in a patch).

Neither system is very realistic, but both give you a reason to use a plough, which is great if you enjoy that either for fun or role-playing. If you're playing in a style representing a region where ploughing is uncommon or unheard of, just turn ploughing off.

Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 pm

DirectCedar wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 pm
Stevo0114 wrote:
rjiii88 wrote:

In 17, with periodic ploughing on, ploughing was required after every 3rd harvest regardless of crop.

In 19, ploughing is no longer required prescriptively every 3rd harvest. It is now required only after specific crops, namely corn, potatoes, beets, and flowers (I think flowers - there was some ambiguity about this one and it may have been changed in a patch).

Neither system is very realistic, but both give you a reason to use a plough, which is great if you enjoy that either for fun or role-playing. If you're playing in a style representing a region where ploughing is uncommon or unheard of, just turn ploughing off.
Thanks for clearing that up i didnt know that I only tend to use a plough for creating new fields
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.

rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Stevo0114 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 pm
DirectCedar wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 pm
Stevo0114 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up i didnt know that I only tend to use a plough for creating new fields
The way I go is:
1) Lime if needed
2) plough after every harvest
3) manure
4) cultivate
5) plant using condor seeder/fertilizer
Then take care of animals while waiting for next harvest. I realize that it is not necessary to plough after each but it gives me the feeling of actually farming. lol
Playing on PC, just your everyday FS player, lets farm & take care of animals.
FS17/19 PC - FS16/18 Droid
Have fun slingin' dirt y-all :wink2:
P.S. Thanks to all the MODDERS out there! *thumbsup*

Psychohate

Post by Psychohate » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:13 pm

I always used the Lemken 3m or 4m plow for everything in 17, plowing or creating fields. Too bad they are subsoilers on 19. But I think the Weber 6m plow is in testing now isn't it? I can't stand the angled plows but when it's all you got you have to use them lol
Xbox one/.....

petebng_games

Post by petebng_games » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Using the JD V Ripper at the moment as it's a big boy which does the large fields quickly (nexus mods)

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Subsoilers leave the ground state as though it’s been cultivated I don’t know of any mods so far that would be in subsoilers that leave a plowed texture and i doubt there ever will be cause I think they’d place it in the plowing catergory because of the ground texture

bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Gimli54 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:08 pm
Subsoilers leave the ground state as though it’s been cultivated I don’t know of any mods so far that would be in subsoilers that leave a plowed texture and i doubt there ever will be cause I think they’d place it in the plowing catergory because of the ground texture
There are a couple on PC

Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:18 pm

That's why we want the weba 6m plough hoping it's in that long list of mods waiting to be tested

ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Stevo0114 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:18 pm
That's why we want the weba 6m plough hoping it's in that long list of mods waiting to be tested
The weba 6m is a subsoiler, not a plow. The same was about the two Lemken Dolomit9, what are subsoliers, too.

With all of them, you could create new fields in FS17, but with FS19, I have the bad feeling, you can use the subsoilers only alternative for a plow, but not to create new fields.

I hope the weba can create new fields, but I think, he will not.
Xbox One X - FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete - Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Still love: Oberlausitz, (New)Woodshire, Altenstein (Redkeinstus), Lone Oak Farm (Frontier Design/BulletBill).
Love: FENDT 900 Favorit Vario (Smety (CMT)) / Deutz D80 ~ Farming Classics (Dogface), AgroStar 6.61 (Giants), Deutz [Puma]

garyst

Post by garyst » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:09 pm

BrandonD01 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm
Here in central louisiana most farmers use ripper listers in the fall for deep tillage. Then in the spring most will use a disk hipper/bedder to freshen up the rows then a du-all seedbed finisher or hipper roller to level off the tops of the bedded rows before planting. Disks are mostly just used after corn or milo harvest to size up and incorporate the residue.

cvKurt

Post by cvKurt » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:55 am

There is a Weba 6m available on mod sites... the version I have acts as a plow in game.

Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:13 am

ltl.vamp wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 pm
Stevo0114 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:18 pm
The weba 6m is a subsoiler, not a plow. The same was about the two Lemken Dolomit9, what are subsoliers, too.

With all of them, you could create new fields in FS17, but with FS19, I have the bad feeling, you can use the subsoilers only alternative for a plow, but not to create new fields.

I hope the weba can create new fields, but I think, he will not.
If u look at my earlier post you will see i refer to it as a subsolier that can create new fields