Plowing

Stevo0114

Re: Plowing

Post by Stevo0114 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:14 am

I used the weba 6m Subsoiler to create fields in fs17
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys

BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 pm

garyst wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:09 pm
BrandonD01 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm
Personally, I use the regular moldboard plough for plowing then the chisel (FS-cultivator) then plant, simply because it gives me an extra step to prepare the fields, instead of plow/cultivate all at one time. Down here in south US were I'm from we don't use moldboards for plowing, no need. We usually just run a disk a time or two, then a shank or chisel plow, then plant. So in my case I'd like it if the disks gave a plowed state and created fields same as moldboard plows. Then the subsoilers could stay the same with the plow/cultivator state in one pass, cultivators stay the same also. Just my thoughts. :hmm: :biggrin2:
Here in central louisiana most farmers use ripper listers in the fall for deep tillage. Then in the spring most will use a disk hipper/bedder to freshen up the rows then a du-all seedbed finisher or hipper roller to level off the tops of the bedded rows before planting. Disks are mostly just used after corn or milo harvest to size up and incorporate the residue.
Yeap, you are correct. I live in Southwest to Central Louisiana myself around lots of rice and soybean fields, and usually it's just disks, chisels, water levels, a few other various equipments. But I guess you just never know, different farmers work different ways and incorporate different practices for their own operations, and then different soil types for different areas and different crops. I quess really the best solution would be if Giants could incorporate total new textures for both subsoilers and disks, but probably not possible and still have the game run smooth on both pc and console. Great to hear from another Louisianian Farm Sim fan. :hi:
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Stevie's Plow Platinum Mod 8M
John Deere J623 15M
John Deere J1600 8M Chisel Plough
Flexicoil ST820 Plough
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this:

garyst

Post by garyst » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:46 pm

BrandonD01 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 pm
garyst wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:09 pm
BrandonD01 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm
Personally, I use the regular moldboard plough for plowing then the chisel (FS-cultivator) then plant, simply because it gives me an extra step to prepare the fields, instead of plow/cultivate all at one time. Down here in south US were I'm from we don't use moldboards for plowing, no need. We usually just run a disk a time or two, then a shank or chisel plow, then plant. So in my case I'd like it if the disks gave a plowed state and created fields same as moldboard plows. Then the subsoilers could stay the same with the plow/cultivator state in one pass, cultivators stay the same also. Just my thoughts. :hmm: :biggrin2:
Here in central louisiana most farmers use ripper listers in the fall for deep tillage. Then in the spring most will use a disk hipper/bedder to freshen up the rows then a du-all seedbed finisher or hipper roller to level off the tops of the bedded rows before planting. Disks are mostly just used after corn or milo harvest to size up and incorporate the residue.
Yeap, you are correct. I live in Southwest to Central Louisiana myself around lots of rice and soybean fields, and usually it's just disks, chisels, water levels, a few other various equipments. But I guess you just never know, different farmers work different ways and incorporate different practices for their own operations, and then different soil types for different areas and different crops. I quess really the best solution would be if Giants could incorporate total new textures for both subsoilers and disks, but probably not possible and still have the game run smooth on both pc and console. Great to hear from another Louisianian Farm Sim fan. :hi:
Not too much rice grown in my part of LA. Mostly soybeans, sugarcane, corn, milo, wheat, and cotton. I am more in the delta region. Most the crops are planted on 38" bedded rows. But still have a couple flat land farmers here too.

crash

Post by crash » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:04 pm

I have one of those big agrisem 8meter cultivators that are modded to a plow. And a kuhn 4 bottom front plow+a 5bottom rear one for smaller farms.

In Norway most farms that use liquid manure plow, Grass gets plowed when they reseed it, and other plows once every no and then(i guess they havegrill a system..) Plowing Is good for soil compaction and to get rid of weeds, quack grass as and example. Down side is that it id time consuming, erotion can be a problem, and you get a **** ton of rocks to then surface in then right areas. And to get subsidies/grants for using manure you have to plow/cultivate it in x amount of hours after putting it on. And I think traditional spreading dosent qualify anymore.. (nitrogen are lost when you make make mist of the manure AFAIK)

https://youtu.be/6cdmKE2jDoo

On the west coast they use high pressure to spread it on gracing lands
https://youtu.be/4QCeRJORH30
Last edited by crash on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pc
In Norway

iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:18 pm

DirectCedar wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 pm
Stevo0114 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:56 pm
rjiii88 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Just get the mod that is revised to plough like I did. You can't tell me that it is not a plough, when it states and I use it as a plough.
Oh ok just thought when u plow you only do it every 3 harvests or so but land needs cultivating every harvest I think Giants have got that a wee bit wrong
In 17, with periodic ploughing on, ploughing was required after every 3rd harvest regardless of crop.

In 19, ploughing is no longer required prescriptively every 3rd harvest. It is now required only after specific crops, namely corn, potatoes, beets, and flowers (I think flowers - there was some ambiguity about this one and it may have been changed in a patch).

Neither system is very realistic, but both give you a reason to use a plough, which is great if you enjoy that either for fun or role-playing. If you're playing in a style representing a region where ploughing is uncommon or unheard of, just turn ploughing off.
So, your saying we can get a full crop now even if we dont plow after some crops?

crash

Post by crash » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Turn off lime and plowing and you are back to fs15.. Only thing missing from 17 is the one stage fert option..
Pc
In Norway

iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:58 pm

Rather do it realistic! Just need a decent plow!!!! No one in Northern US uses those angled plows! Main tillage equipment are!

1. Cultivator
2. Chisel Plow
3. Ripper
4. Disc

That's all you need.