The Game is ready!? Review!

IceUul

The Game is ready!? Review!

Post by IceUul »

4 months has passed since release date now. I have played this game over 3 months for now, i bought this game after 1.2 beta patch. I have spent around 200-300 hours inside this game, what is 10 times more what i usually spend with computer games. I paid 35€ for this game, what is around 1€ for 10 hour playtime, i think it is quite cheap.

Giants could not make the game ready for release date, so they used the last months to bring the missing content (as mods), features (landscaping) and bug fixes (patches). So there are not much left to come, do you think the game is now ready?

So let's see what happened in last months:

Bugs - Giants got them fixed more or less by last 1.3 patch, i can say that Giants is now planning to just fix the game breaking bugs and then move to the next game, they have new goals (FS20, FS21, DLC) and they are planning to move on and leave other bugs not addressed, so i guess the 1.4 will be final patch. You will see more about it watching the threads under bug report section.

Giants mods - Giants has released lot of mods, including the missing placeables also (Windturbine, Greenhouse, Beehouse), seems they are
not planning to convert much anymore, there are 66 Giants made equipment what are not yet converted from FS17 to FS19 by Giants, so i guess most of them going to be converted by modders (some are already converted).

Mods - there are lot of mods out there now for PC, console did not get much of them, since they did not pass testing or did not get submitted for testing. I have around 350 mods installed at the moment, i only had 270 mods on FS17 before FS19 came out, there are lot of new stuff in truck and cars section, real high quality stuff, but Harvester and Tractor section does not have much equipment, so i hope modders will make more tractors and harvesters to new game. Overall mod quality has gone better and there are much more stuff out there than was for FS17
for this time. Sad part here is we do not have so much good maps yet, but lot of them are on production.

DLC - first DLC will come soon, later than in previous games, i understand, everybody wanted the bugs fixed before that, first DLC will
have something new and something old, i guess lot of players will find useful stuff there, at the moment i think it is same good as
the Kuhn DLC for FS17, but not as good as was Big Bud DLC.

Game changing mods - courseplay and seasons. Courseplay is already working fine and i am using it everyday, there are not much bugs inside it anymore, but still needs time to get final version ready for Console and PC. Seasons is in development and will be ready and hopefully much
better than in FS17.

Is the game ready? Or not ready? What Giants thinks? What you guys think? Does FS19 still needs Seasons to be same good as FS17 or something
else?
Coldlandlord

Re: The Game is ready!? Review!

Post by Coldlandlord »

100% needs seasons to be playable for people who want to play a sim rather than tractor driving arcade. I very nearly played fs19 the other day when i saw that we have a decent map (marwell), courseplay, drive control and a gps style mod was out, however, as the game was loading, i asked myself, what is the point? I have fs17 with everything i could wish for and fs19 doesn't have seasons. Immediately quit and loaded up fs17.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

IceUul wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 pm The Game is ready!?
Of course not.

And it seems they do not have the money to complete the original game properly, they need money to fix it and that's why they've linked the new patch with a new DLC. A new patch that solve nothing. But need more money for the game that should be launched in November 2018.

They do not communicate anything, they do not answer honestly to the questions.
Of course they will not tell us the truth, they dont know when the game will be ready, they just need more time and money because they launched a product that is not ready yet. They probably do not have money or professional people to test the game, and they sell it first, they have cash and now they are trying to finish it. In a few months they will succeed.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The Giants "mods" in my opinion is stuff that couldn't be finished ready for the release. I play on pc where slot count is not an issue but for those on console it must be annoying seeing basegame stuff from 17 now being a "mod"
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Personally I find it very disappointing that it feels like GIANTS have already moved on from Fs19 itself and are focusing on DLCs and future projects.
That would be fine if we had a perfectly stable game for all players, (just because some haven't had issues doesn't make the ones who have wrong.), but we don't.

Something that struck a cord with me is that positive, enjoyable feeling is just missing from Fs19, and nothing is bringing it back.

When ever I go to load it up I just end up quitting and go do something else.

I was also surprised to see GIANTS attitude towards fixing stuff that has been broken from day one. I understand about prioritising resources, but it doesn't send a good message that they are happy to leave lots of little bugs with a WONT FIX, yet at the same time failing modders mods for things like using capital letters in there mod folder. Talk about double standards.

I just don't understand how they think that sort of process is a good way to go. Or are they hoping people will just be daft enough to keep on parting with there money on DLCs.

I was also surprised to see and hear so many Farm Sim YouTubers not enjoying Fs19 anymore. I never noticed that sort of thing so widespread when Fs17 was 4 months in.

I honestly wonder if we will even see another patch until the platinum edition now, as reading the replies in the bug section most have been put with a WONT FIX.

Maybe I'm just daft in hoping that something is going to get better or change dramatically, or maybe I should just give up with Farm Sim and move on. The sad part is I never thought the day would come when I felt so depressed at the thought of the latest Farm Sim game.

Roll on Fs21... even we even get that far...
reider

Post by reider »

Most of the mods became features. Even Forestry started out as a mod, multiple crops was a mod that had you change the files-I know because I did it and worked it out from German instructions, now we have extra crops. It's one way to find out if people like something then add it as a feature rather than doing it blind. FS19 is one of the best Farm Sims out, easily better than FS17, I have them all going back to 2009. Being able to start a contract and go off to do a quick job and come back is so much better. Having the horses in and another investment opportunity. Being able to landscape without going into the editor. Yes there are problems, some things should have been done a different way. GPS should have been built in, I refuse to use the one on offer as a Mod, it's far too much messing about to make it work. Any time with all versions if I find myself not opening it I try a new map. I only have to watch a YouTube clip and I find myself quickly reaching out to play FS19.
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

IceUul wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Courseplay is already working fine and i am using it everyday, there are not much bugs inside it anymore, but still needs time to get final version ready for Console and PC.
Courseplay is not coming out for console
village80

Post by village80 »

It's fun. I'm enjoying it. Hired helpers slack just like hired helpers in real life.

Glad the game looks much better than 17 and placeables are better too. Might dabble in seasons, but not seriously.

Also good too see a lot of the DLC from 17 is either in the base game or free for 19.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Giants has provided a base platform for people to play on and will rely on mods to flesh the game out to its full potential. The question is if people are willing to wait for those mods to be developed before moving on to another game or will they just drop it. Certain aspects of the game are exceedingly tedious and will not be fixed (planters, forestry, animals). I can't complain about the value I have gotten from my purchase, but I do feel I have had to spend too much time tweaking the game to work around things that don't work well (helper, planters, collision issues, lack of gps, courseplay).

My recommendation would be wait a year if you have FS17 and wait until DLC is half price.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

sootysax wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:21 pm
IceUul wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Courseplay is already working fine and i am using it everyday, there are not much bugs inside it anymore, but still needs time to get final version ready for Console and PC.
Courseplay is not coming out for console
Yes, sorry about this one. Perhaps we will not see it on consoles.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

The most aggravating thing for me in FS19 has been the landscaping feature, the expense involved, the “cannot place here” pronouncements on level ground, the lack of income-producing placeables. I’ve played FS17 the last couple of weeks, and it’s a feeling of relief not to deal with those issues. Thousands of hours since FS13. I play what is the most fun for me, and right now, it’s 17, not 19.
eve333

Post by eve333 »

farming is all about working according to the season we are in, so as long is there is no seasons, the game is not ready to me...
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

FarmerJeff wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:34 pm The most aggravating thing for me in FS19 has been the landscaping feature, the expense involved, the “cannot place here” pronouncements on level ground, the lack of income-producing placeables. I’ve played FS17 the last couple of weeks, and it’s a feeling of relief not to deal with those issues. Thousands of hours since FS13. I play what is the most fun for me, and right now, it’s 17, not 19.
For "cannot place here" there is a mod for PC called "place anywhere" or something like that, fixes that issue completely.

I feel also that landscaping is quite raw at the moment.

For example, i wanted to make custom farm with buldings and landscaping in Ravenport, how did it look in real life:
1. Make a change in landscape -> 2. Test -> 3. Looks Good, go to point 4, looks bad, load savegame and go to point 1. 4. Save, start with next change in point 1.

Basically it means hundred of times of loading and waiting, if you make a mistake, you need to load your game again, since some things cannot
be fixed in landscaping mode, it really needs undo button and foliage creating mode.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

eve333 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:36 pm farming is all about working according to the season we are in, so as long is there is no seasons, the game is not ready to me...
I agree. it's like a war game without enemies .. I play it because I have to admit that fs19 is really a great game, but I'll be really immersed when the season will be updated in the game
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

I have a question about seasons, I'm not knocking seasons in any way, but why do people depend on seasons? I understand what seasons brings to the table, making it realistic and what not. So what do you guys do on the game while you're waiting for your fields to grow? In 17, while I was waiting on my fields, I would tend to my animals, but that didnt take very long, and i was left waiting anyways. Do i not have enough work around the farm to keep me busy, or what? How do some of you play with seasons?