Mods in Testing

redglasses

Mods in Testing

Post by redglasses »

How is there nearly 200 mods waiting to be tested again? Thats a crazy job by all modders out there, good job guys. What I dont really understand is how the waiting to be tested list is getting bigger. Its definitely a problem with a huge mod (a really good map, or seasons ect.) because this mod will likely have to sit through months on the "waiting to be testing" list. I'm looking for an answer for what giants will do to help this situation.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
village80

Re: Mods in Testing

Post by village80 »

I know there were a lot of modders waiting to release or submit mods until they had it working with 1.3. So there was probably a bunch submitted the last few days. Some mods are probably being updated too. Giants did a good job of working through the list the last few weeks and will probably pick up now that 1.3 is out.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

as long as they're releasing 6-10 a day like yesterday and most of last week (that doesn't count the numbers that fail daily either), it looks to be a little under a month. I'm okay with that. There is nothing "needed" at this point.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

:hmm: I wonder the same !!! what is happening to us prepare something big that does not give them time to try quickly or a little more fluid I do not know but the list does not come down from the 150 mods on the waiting list
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I agree as long as mods are being released on a regular basis I see no problem.
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I think since they got their new qa staff they are doing awesome its moveing as for nothing needed we badly need a better plow the webba , eco till or jynpa we need something strat and 8 metere min or the subsoilsers to have create feild ootion
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I'm yet to try out the vast majority released thus far. There's plenty in the base game that I haven't tried out yet for that matter! :lol:

There's more than enough out already for me to be going on with. I'm looking forward to certain mods, as much as the next person, but the longevity of this game is partly down to the steady trickle of new content coming out (both mods and DLC). Gives you time to try new things out steadily and see what works for you rather than wading through masses of mods trying to figure out what to try first.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Exactly my feelings. Very well stated.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Hey, i know some of this stuff!
redglasses wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:24 pmHow is there nearly 200 mods waiting to be tested again? Thats a crazy job by all modders out there, good job guys. What I dont really understand is how the waiting to be tested list is getting bigger. Its definitely a problem with a huge mod (a really good map, or seasons ect.) because this mod will likely have to sit through months on the "waiting to be testing" list. I'm looking for an answer for what giants will do to help this situation.
So, in essence, the wait list is those mods, we haven't yet taken a look at while Testing means "this is what someone from QA is currently testing", that's just an explanation for those who might not yet know this. So, the list shrinks when a mod enters the Testing List and it grows when a modder submits (or re-submits after we suggested changes). That's why this number can rise and fall a lot between days.

As for the waiting time, yes some had to unfortunately wait rather long. Which is why we now hired Myricaria for our QA Team and we will get more reinforcements once more in a few weeks.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

O5-Chris wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 pm As for the waiting time, yes some had to unfortunately wait rather long. Which is why we now hired Myricaria for our QA Team and we will get more reinforcements once more in a few weeks.
Nice, that's good news!
Ignorance is bliss
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

What happened to the 4 axle lowboy?
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

What happend to all mods today? It seems to be the first day with an update an no new or updated mod at all :sad:
PS4 und PC
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

3 just dropped on modhub
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

Am I the only one that thinks the Mods in Testing list is a terrible idea? It only creates tension and disappointment when/if a highly anticipated mod fails testing and needs to be re-submitted..

I think the first we should hear about a mod is when it shows up on Modhub for download..

Can you imagine the hysteria that is going to be created when Seasons gets submitted for testing and if it doesn't pass the first time? Hissy fits will ensue..

I hope that Realismus keeps it under wraps.
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

sootysax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 am Am I the only one that thinks the Mods in Testing list is a terrible idea? It only creates tension and disappointment when/if a highly anticipated mod fails testing and needs to be re-submitted..

I think the first we should hear about a mod is when it shows up on Modhub for download..

Can you imagine the hysteria that is going to be created when Seasons gets submitted for testing and if it doesn't pass the first time? Hissy fits will ensue..

I hope that Realismus keeps it under wraps.
no its a way of giving info what is in the works if it passes if it doesnt well there is good reason and seasons will drop like a atomic bomb like in 17 i think....

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting.