Well this is a bit worrying....

sootysax

Re: Well this is a bit worrying....

Post by sootysax »

every time a new FS rolls around.. i tell myself that I'm gonna wait a year and give a chance for all the mods to come out.. but there I am, day 1, playing on the new version, and then I can never go back..

I don't think I could go back to 17 and the old mission system at this point.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I bought a brand new car a few months ago, and the left blinker didn't work. I called up the dealer to report it and get a date to have it fixed. He immediately said "[WON'T FIX]".....oh wait, no he didn't, because who in their right mind would say such a thing to a customer.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

sootysax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:07 am I don't think I could go back to 17 and the old mission system at this point.
Lol I've actually tried playing fs17 but couldn't do it loaded it up played for 10 to 15 minutes then I was back on 19 for hours this was day 1. Fs19 is just way much better and more polished (not polished as in no to little amount of bugs fs17 had little to no bugs but that's to be expected given that it's been out a lot longer than FS19 it's more polished on the graphics and features)
Anyway obviously if fs21 is good and once I play it, fs19 is going to be "unplayable" to me lol it happens on multiple games that doesn't have a story if it has a story I can go back and play it, did that with the mass effect series played mass effect 1,2, and 3 multiple times but if that game didn't have a story I wouldn't be able to go back due to missing the new improved features or graphics lol but this is how I am with games I realize everyone is different and a bunch of people can easily go back to previous titles in a series and it not bother them, I'm envious of people who can do that lol I can only do that if it has a story :sadnew:
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

I really don't see why everyone is up in arms around GIANTS trying to 'make money'. How the heck else does a game company survive? If you hadn't noticed, times are rough right now for gaming companies..

What issues I do have with GIANTS is the new platform every two years.. I wish they would adopt a model more like SCS Software has done.. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was released in 2012!!! And even with American Truck Simulator coming out, they are still expanding ETS2 with new DLCS (they just teased a new expansion today) and DLC's that renew and enrich the game 7 years later, and make it still playable.

Can you imagine where we would be at if GIANTS stuck with FS13 and just kept improving it, and making DLC that brought in the new features of FS15, 17 and 19, but we could keep all of the mods because the platform never changed? Where would Farming Simulator be today.. what kind of innovative mods could have been built on the backs of others if the platform wasnt' abandoned every two years.. and not having to start from scratch and convert mods every two years.. pretty amazing i bet.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

sootysax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 am I really don't see why everyone is up in arms around GIANTS trying to 'make money'. How the heck else does a game company survive? If you hadn't noticed, times are rough right now for gaming companies..

What issues I do have with GIANTS is the new platform every two years.. I wish they would adopt a model more like SCS Software has done.. Euro Truck Simulator 2 was released in 2012!!! And even with American Truck Simulator coming out, they are still expanding ETS2 with new DLCS (they just teased a new expansion today) and DLC's that renew and enrich the game 7 years later, and make it still playable.

Can you imagine where we would be at if GIANTS stuck with FS13 and just kept improving it, and making DLC that brought in the new features of FS15, 17 and 19, but we could keep all of the mods because the platform never changed? Where would Farming Simulator be today.. what kind of innovative mods could have been built on the backs of others if the platform wasnt' abandoned every two years.. and not having to start from scratch and convert mods every two years.. pretty amazing i bet.
Yeah people seems to act like a game COMPANY is supposed to give everything for free and not work I mean if no one bought fs19 giants would probably be hurting as it costs money, a lot of money to develop a game, if a game doesn't do well it can cripple if not cause the company to go bankrupt

I love fs19 and I started with fs17 so I can't speak for fs13 but I do agree if they just stick with one game and updated it to add new feature and release DLC constantly it would definitely be way better than what it currently is especially given that you get to keep the mods that released and don't have to wait for them to be converted over only have to wait for it to be updated for the new version if necessary which I don't make mods but I'm assuming that's easier than a full conversion.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Don't derail this thread with talk about Giants as a company for profit., of course they are and that is as it should be.

The point is that publishing/selling comes with responsibilities and obligations. Staffing or lack of resources is NOT the concern of the paying customer.
pingu

Post by pingu »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:19 pm
pingu wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 pm
szechla wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:04 pm [...]but this is very shortsighted from GIANTS, because right now they are losing community and modders at an alarming rate[...]
Care to substantiate those claims with fact that can be verified?
TacoFarmer for Community, BulletBill for Modders. Confirmed & verified. :hi:
Wow, that really looks like an "alarming rate"... Especially since absolutely zero people in the world started modding for FS those last months, right?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

No. They was legend! And there are much more ....
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
pingu

Post by pingu »

sootysax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 am Can you imagine where we would be at if GIANTS stuck with FS13 and just kept improving it,
My guess is that the FS series would be rather dead with just a few enthusiast playing it.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The number of [Won't Fix] tags being applied to submitted bug reports is very concerning. Worse still is when Giants have said they Won't Fix or be Updating Something anymore, yet then turn round and this week release an update to fix something small, yet ignore the bigger issues that were reported previously. The example I give here is with their Estancia Lapacho Map, numerous reports have been filed since it was released with the topic being the Forestry Equipment and Machinery does not work on or interact with the trees on the map, therefore players can't do logging on that map. There is also the issue of all the Fake Trees covering the map, which have been placed instead of actual Bush or Foliage, that cause all sorts of issues with equipment and AI workers because they see these as collision objects. Worse still many of these are placed below ground level so aren't instantly obvious to the player. Also unlike actual bushes or foliage which can be quickly removed in game with a simple ploughing of the area or even the terrain painting tool, these Fake Trees can't be removed like that, and with the Forestry Equipment bug can't be removed with them either. Yet Giants refuse to fix either issue, yet then this week go in and update the map just to make it Patch 1.3 Compatible so that if you terrain paint with the two grass textures you now get growing grass. Well if going into the map to do an update surely you fix the big game breaking issues first, before worrying about grass growing textures. People have worked around grass growing on sculpted painted terrain since release without problem, however not being able to cut down trees with the in game equipment and not being able to remove "Decorative" objects from the map are much bigger issues that sadly we can't work around.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

There are several tractors with broken or missing gages that break emersion.NH T8 has hard to read time and speed gage T9 engine speed and time flickers in and out and fuel gage shows empty are just a few that i posted awhile back without so much as a read on it.Dissapointed to say the least.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Broken or missing gauges??? You haven't been on a real farm tractor then have you?
This is normal the thing, A/C's that don't work,speedo on the fitz. fuel gauge not showing the real amount left. Condensation in the gauges, Headlights that would turn off on you. And can't forget about the faulty starter motor. Whack it with a hammer to get it to reset it.
The good ol' day's.
PS4
PS5
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 pm Broken or missing gauges??? You haven't been on a real farm tractor then have you?
This is normal the thing, A/C's that don't work,speedo on the fitz. fuel gauge not showing the real amount left. Condensation in the gauges, Headlights that would turn off on you. And can't forget about the faulty starter motor. Whack it with a hammer to get it to reset it.
The good ol' day's.
Except that the person complaining is talking about brand new tractors.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Point is you don't have to have them to have full immersion. It's great to have but not really essential to game play.
Console's didn't have any working gauges or mirror's with fs13 and still was a great game to play.
PS4
PS5
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

livesea72 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 am There are several tractors with broken or missing gages that break emersion.NH T8 has hard to read time and speed gage T9 engine speed and time flickers in and out and fuel gage shows empty are just a few that i posted awhile back without so much as a read on it.Dissapointed to say the least.
you need to pick your battles better..