Well this is a bit worrying....

theSeb

Re: Well this is a bit worrying....

Post by theSeb »

I would disagree since this is supposed to be a simulator. Take a look at the in-cab view in games like Train Sim World and ETS2 / ATS for a comparison. I do wish more attention had been spent on the in-cab view in FS19. Things like flickering gauges and inconsistently working speedos / rev counters / hour meters are not things we should be excusing by doing Jedi mind trick hand waving gestures.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

theSeb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:10 pm I would disagree since this is supposed to be a simulator. Take a look at the in-cab view in games like Train Sim World and ETS2 / ATS for a comparison. I do wish more attention had been spent on the in-cab view in FS19. Things like flickering gauges and inconsistently working speedos / rev counters / hour meters are not things we should be excusing by doing Jedi mind trick hand waving gestures.
Coming from both ETS2 and Train Sim, I can say that I was really disappointed in FS17 when I saw that the cabin TFT menus and the harvester cameras were just for show.
Also, the mirrors... Why can't they actually do what they're supposed to do??
Even more so disappointed when FS19 was more or less the same.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

That is one thing that I do get a little bit miffed by in FS19, having these Tractors and Harvesters with these wonderful monitors or displays in the cabs that just display some static jpeg image on them and don't actually display real-time information on the field/task your are currently working on. That would be a huge improvement to the game and give a big reason to use the in cab view on vehicles, because you as a player often neglect that because usually the view isn't great or is heavily obstructed and there is that whole lack of depth perception thing. However having actual fully working and updating displays on the in-cab displays would be awesome and once you turn off the in game hub, could be a very immersive way to play and farm for some activities.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
PlatinumTurbo

Post by PlatinumTurbo »

Its pretty much a slap in the face to tell the customer who paid for the product that you won't bother fixing the issues and problems with the product you sold them. I for one will not give Giants any more of my $$ and I believe that running a business in this manner will eventually catch up to them.
Harada

Post by Harada »

PlatinumTurbo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:01 pm Its pretty much a slap in the face to tell the customer who paid for the product that you won't bother fixing the issues and problems with the product you sold them. I for one will not give Giants any more of my $$ and I believe that running a business in this manner will eventually catch up to them.
Agree....will spend my money elsewhere.
XBox Series S
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Looking at both types of people posting in this thread I see two types.

One is able to ignore any issues in the game as they do not kill the immersion or enjoyment.

The other once this stuff is noticed and it starts to frustrate you means your enjoyment goes.

Telling people who are reporting bugs and issues that they should stop complaining is both rude and is missing the whole point.

Mindless rants about the game I agree are stupid and a waste of time.
But well thought out complaints about genuine issues is perfectly fine. Just because you haven't had said issue doesn't instantly make the other person wrong.

At the end of the day what we all want is an enjoyable game. For some they find Fs19 enjoyable and are happy to ignore the issues.

But for others it is massively disappointing and frustrating as they have had the immersion and enjoyment of the game destroyed.

Remember too that many of these players played Fs17, 15, 13, 11 and even 09 or even 08. They are no stranger to issues with the game itself from any of its versions.

But for them Fs19 has reached a point where it is no longer something they enjoy. Of course they are going to be frustrated, and annoyed. That is bound to come out in there comments.

What makes me smile is why some are against people asking GIANTS to fix more of the issues. Surely that is a positive all round as all players get the benefit of those fixes.

As for the modding community shrinking fast and the general player base unhappy with the game you only have to go outside this forum and there is plenty of evidence.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 pm Broken or missing gauges??? You haven't been on a real farm tractor then have you?
This is normal the thing, A/C's that don't work,speedo on the fitz. fuel gauge not showing the real amount left. Condensation in the gauges, Headlights that would turn off on you. And can't forget about the faulty starter motor. Whack it with a hammer to get it to reset it.
The good ol' day's.
Yes worked on 300 head dairy farm for a few years used a 1969 new holland tractor with no sun shade in NC during the summer with 95 degrees with 70% humidity to know what real work is. Worked on grand parents as well mucking out 500 dairy cows daily in Wisconsin where it can get very cold - 20 at times and long winters where the heaters just keep frostbite away a few hours longer or hooking up battery to charger overnight because the alternator is on back order and you can't have a tractor down. so please don't assume every person on the forums hasn't worked on a farm ok *thumbsup*
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

So we were asked to log bugs again a second time, only to have the majority all marked as won't fix. Awesome, thank you for let us waste our time a second time to help you make the game better. Furthermore some of the reponses on the bugs, are just infuriating, the JD def bug for example.

I am not sure how they think we would want to invest into something that is treated like this. Clearly issues that are important for customers, asthetic or not shoud be treated accordingly.

What should make us confident that DLC will be of higher quality? And why did they not instead focus on getting base game issues addressed first, before pushing DLC and mods.

Look at the FS19 feature highlights for example

- Dog...useless and broken physics
- Custom farm build tool...issues, terrain deforming etc and cannot even undo changes.
- Horses, again dubious physics, jump as if they have thrusters under their feet
- John Deere, the flagship brand, gameplay and visual issues
- New lighting engine... Has issues on consoles (no brightness option) causing visuals to be very dark, but i need to tune my tv settings instead to make it bareable.
- Internal lighting for vehicles... Half implemented and inconsistent between vehicles
- Vehicle modeling.. Numeous irritating visual problems, apparently not important enough to fix, even the missing fan of Fendt 1000 series to name but on example, the flagship Fendt tractor. Why spend so much time on creating great looking models if you don't plan to finish it?
- Steering sensitivity issues, reported in FS17 still an issue today on consoles.

We getting bombarded with Giant mods that all have issues and what about upcoming DLC.

The stuff quality just doesn't stop.

Tell me off, that is ok, i said what i wanted to say.

However last thought, the way you communicate, blatantly ignore user feedback and NOT ask customers what they think is important is obviously just not important enough. I am not sure how much longer your customers will tollerate this nonsense.

I am not a hater, i have been enjoying the FS series for years and years, I want to see Giants reap the awards of their success. I also expect that quality and features improve however and with the inclusion of John Deere, the feeling was that another level of maturity and ambition has been realised. However adding all this at the expense of quality is doomed to fail.

I would personaly rather see less than more if it means better quality control and quality of life improvements.
Last edited by Skunkworks on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Skunkworks wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:29 pm However last thought, the way you communicate, blatantly ignore user feedback and NOT ask customers what they think is important is obviously just not important enough. I am not sure how much longer your customers will tollerate this nonsense.

I am not a hater, i have been enjoying the FS series for years and years, I want to see Giants to reap the awards of their success. I also expect that quality and features improve however and with the inclusion of John Deere, the feeling was that another level of maturity and ambition has been realised. However adding all this at the expense of quality is doomed to fail.

I would personaly rather see less than more if it means better quality control and quality of life improvements.
I find it very funny how they respond to people who report bugs.
One guy tell that "Repair Cost is bugged". (Only the topic title is enough to understand what is about, if you are really interested in solving the bug and if you play FS19.) In addition, he put a picture, in case there are people who do not play FS19 or never repaired a tool. Then it looks like that's not enough; they need more info to find the problem. Good lord! I'm not a good guy in the gaming industry. I'm sorry for that and I dont know to "repro this with full log". What kind of complicated bug can be this? (this is new, in 1.3; it seems like there are new more bugs, although I thought they were struggling to reduce the bugs, not to create more bugs) More info? Right click, Format cells (Number), and set Decimal to 0. This is it. This is it, in my world. This is it, if you open your PC, FS19.exe, get in a tractor 5 minutes and then repair it. There is the problem. It's your game, you have created it. You see the problem. What do you need more? I just dont get it.

Of course, if you dont tested before and dont play it, but you released it untested, it seems complicated. Very complicated. But who cares? They are happy to launch a new DLC and get more money for a product unfinished and untested.

It's been 4 months and I'm asking myself if they will can fix it ever. Sometimes it looks like it's just our fault that we cant repro exactly all the bugs.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

It's hard to believe that only after 4 months they have almost already stopped the support of the game...

I cannot believe to see all the "won't fix because it's minor" answer...what's wrong with you Giants? Some of these bugs were related on day 1!

That's sad, because I really like the series, but with this kind of attitude, I will really think twice before buying anything else from them.

Competiton is right at the corner, Giants has to make a good step soon if they don't want to lose their customer, and more important for them, their money.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
garyst

Post by garyst »

Cotton bales getting stuck in the air when unloading the picker is a game breaking bug to me because I really want to enjoy cotton farming, but still no fix in 1.3 and don't have much hope of seeing it fixed. *thumbsdown*
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Here is thought. For those items they say can't be or won't be fixed, what if they elected a modder to fix it. For example, the JD 560 harvester with the non-working side work lights. There is already a mod that fixes this plus extra. All that needs to be done is for Giants to indicate what needs to be done and allow a person to fix and upload for approval. Not as a mod, but to be included in the next patch.

Edit: The only thing is that the fix will probably have to follow how they would do it.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

GIANTS have already stated they would not allow members of the community to fix the issues for them.

It seems the management are content with having a sub-standard product, and are hoping that the players/fans who are unhappy will just be quiet and go away.

What I don't get is a large proportion of the people I've seen unhappy are ones who have played the game the longest. The hardcore fan, the loyal customer who has spent hundreds on the various game versions and DLCs over the past 10 years.

Why on earth would a business be happy losing its most loyal customer base.

Are they trying to take a leaf out of some of the larger game companies and just hope to continually rip off the kids with DLCs and hype?

Farm Sim is a niche style of game, it is never going to have broad massive appeal compared with games like FIFA etc.

Farm Sim does have a very broad player age range. From 5 - 75... which means many of it's customers are not naive kids but adult consumers who will not just accept poor excuses.

What I don't get is why GIANTS changed. Before they always prided themselves with a game that although lacking felt finished and stable.
But with Fs19 it is clear to anybody they released the game unfinished and poorly tested.

Yet when asked to fix issues they often respond with an abrasive and defensive attitude.

Why do they think this sort of attitude is going to be a winning formula for them? This is there company and there income, you would think there would be more care and more interest in doing a better job.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

I'm beginning to think fs19 is a beta version of fs21, to test their new engine upgrade and we are the testers.
I have every release since 2009, most where available on pc and xbox, collectors additions on pc also all versions for android, and all dlc as have many other players.
Although I choose to play on xbox one x at the moment.

Giants are on to a winner with console realises because they will have a steady customer Base.

Just look at our children, buy a game play for a bit, no don't like it and move on.

Fs21 needs to be mega good to keep all their loyal followers happy. Do you know what, I don't think giants care one way or the other
Rick2015

Post by Rick2015 »

Go back to 17, by now it should be pretty well squared away and there are tons of tested mods. Does 19 offer much over 17? Is it worth the outlay if you already have 17?