My thoughts about this forum lately...

pingu

My thoughts about this forum lately...

Post by pingu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 am

A lot of you are disappointed at something that has to do with FS. It's the price you paid for the game, the price of a DLC, the content of a DLC, the lack of mods you like, some bugs in the game, some features missing, GIANTS business model, etc etc. That's all OK to me. Heck, even I was disappointed with FS19 and have stated that in posts. We should be allowed to be that and post about it, as long as we are constructive in the criticism and respect others who don't agree with us.

What to me has become rather tiresome in this forum is the constant new threads started that are just a repeat of what has already been said. It's just the same old thing over and over again. "GIANTS didn't admit they are wrong and I'm right, therefore I'll say the exact same thing again." "GIANTS must to this, GIANTS must do that - otherwise the game is doomed." I have heard you, I'll bet others have heard you, and I'm pretty sure GIANTS have heard you (that's what they have said, anyway). They have stated numerous times that they appreciate constructive feedback and even criticism. I'll bet they read what you are saying. But reading and acknowledging it isn't the same as they have to agree with you. Because, guess what? Maybe you don't know everything about
- what can be done and what cannot be done with the companies resources
- possibilities and limitations of the code
- the brand licensing and the restrictions in those agreements
- how the business model works for a game like this
- who buys the game and how they play
- future plans already decided on

It's GIANTS game and their decision what to do and not to do. You have some criticism, some wishes, or some suggestions? Say it once, and then accept that GIANTS (and others) may not agree with you. And also try to accept the fact that your personal view of the game is just that: your personal view, and not necessarily shared by anyone else. Speak for yourself, and don't claim that you speak for an unknown number of others just to give some impression that you are a force to be reckoned with and that GIANTS therefore should do what you say.

The constant and repetitive postings from a small group of forum users the last few weeks don't add anything to the discussion about FS. As I see it, some of you are just deliberately trying to get others to support you in a campaign against GIANTS. And you often do this with unverified claims and sensationalism about what has happened, what is going on, and what the future will look like if GIANTS don't comply with your commands. Frankly, I don't see it leading anywhere other than to a more unfriendly and unhelpful forum, stricter forums rules, and maybe a forum where everything has to be moderated before its posted.

In the end, I'm pretty sure nobody is forcing anyone to buy the game and/or play it. If you hate it so much then do something else with you short time on this planet, and let others who enjoy playing it do just that.

Thank you for your time.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->

Ritchie

Re: My thoughts about this forum lately...

Post by Ritchie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 am

Well said, couldn't agree more.

IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am

Agreed

village80

Post by village80 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Yeah, this forum is borderline toxic with that stuff.

If you dislike the game that much your life would be better if you moved on to another game instead of dwelling in your misery.

george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm

I think that most people complaining in a toxic way are coming from FS17 or even older instalments.
Those games have matured, are mostly bug-free and have possibly over a thousand mods available.
So they will come here to vent their frustration that FS19 still isn't what they remember from the game they enjoyed and they will keep doing it until they find something else to play.
Or until FS21 is released and start complaining about how FS19 was great ;)

sootysax

Post by sootysax » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 pm

george.earlslight wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm
I think that most people complaining in a toxic way are coming from FS17 or even older instalments.
Those games have matured, are mostly bug-free and have possibly over a thousand mods available.
So they will come here to vent their frustration that FS19 still isn't what they remember from the game they enjoyed and they will keep doing it until they find something else to play.
Thus is the problem with replacing and abandoning the platform every two years....

george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 pm

sootysax wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 pm
george.earlslight wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm
Thus is the problem with replacing and abandoning the platform every two years....
I agree with that. After so many versions you'd think that Giants has found a formula to build a modular and upgradable platform, not something that needs a complete redesign in every release. But it's their game which is successful I suppose.

warz

Post by warz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Agree with OP. I enjoy FS19 alot at this point, just like I enjoyed fs15 and fs17. Allways a little exciting to see whats new mods released on modhub day to day. Sure we all have wishes for new features, improvements, mods and so on.
I wish the toxic people that just want to complain about fs19, just leave the forum. If you're unhappy with something, you don't HAVE to write a post about it, because at this point most things are allready shared and posted before you. I hoped the forum would be a nice place to share tips and tricks, and I would hope more of constructive reviews about different mods and maps. Motivate and celebrate both modders, gamers and GIANTS. Forum is great if you can learn something from eachother, but it's not good when it's like now, just a lot of complaining.

Best tip is to don't write/answer to negative threads, if they don't get attention, they will go away.
PC
Norway

Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Bit off topic but haven’t seen tacofarmer or lefe for ages on here

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Patrick73 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:30 pm
Bit off topic but haven’t seen tacofarmer or lefe for ages on here
Not sure about taco but I think lefe was suspended/banned a while ago over a heated debate that got a bit out of hand and didn’t come back.

Not judging on whether he was at fault or not as I can’t honestly remember the details.

bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Most forums boil down to those who like the game in its current state and view the issues being brought up as nit picking; while the other side probably is bringing up issues that are legitimate, but can come across as overly dramatic at times. The main issue we all have to recognize is that different people play the game for different reasons and those opinions should be respected. I don't particularly care about interior models being wrong, but I recognize that is does drive some people up the wall. On the other hand, the issue of planters having their feed rates be wrong by like 4x, drives me up the wall to no end and I'm sure others don't care at all.

Giants has added to these problems by being virtually silent on many issues for weeks on end while asking people to buy their up coming DLC. While I don't think Giants should respond to every complaint and forum post, I do think they need to provide a general stance from time to time. By reading the bug threads on the official forums, Giants has basically stated they are only going to fix game breaking bugs. Model errors, quality of life enhancements and stuff that is wrong, but not game breaking, is not going to be fixed. The impression I get is that unless it’s broke enough to crash or bring the game to a halt, it’s not going to get fixed by Giants. We now know their stance and as such we can make our decision on if we want to continue to support their products.

catfan1212

Post by catfan1212 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:45 pm

seriously the forum has been borderline toxic lately so i have been mainly hanging out on the focus spintires forum
farming on ps4 :biggrin2:

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Commenting on this issue won't help. So I deleted my long boring post. I just want the threads to be a cool, video farming game, discussion site.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours
Osina, 105+ hours

duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Well said sir.
Might I also add that the people visiting this forum is only a small portion of the playerbase and that the bigger part doesn't have any complaints it seems or have already moved on without throwing a fit on the forums.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:50 pm

As has been mentioned previously I believe a lot of people's frustrations are born from lack of communication coming back from Giants.