My thoughts about this forum lately...

Lostfarmer6474

Re: My thoughts about this forum lately...

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:54 pm Did someone come to your house with a gun to your head and force you to buy the game?
Didn’t think so. And yeah giants can keep the money because you kind of gave it to them? I mean you can request a refund if you want
Let's say you want to buy PS4. You have seen comercials and made your mind. Paid for it and opened box. Connected to TV and found out half of futures did not work. Then you got patch 2 month later and started to play games. But then you found out some buttons on game controller are not working. But console maker is trying to sell you DLC controller with all buttons working . And 2 years later they come with another console and patch and DLC controller.
And when customers complain console company says "But we did not put gun to your head, so just use console as dust collector and thanks for your money , *censored*".
I bet you thats the way to make your company growing.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

The difference here is GIANTS is actively trying to fix things
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:53 pm The difference here is GIANTS is actively trying to fix things
I hope so, but I am not betting on it. They allready rolled patch 1.3, same like FS17. Now it is time for DLCs and golden or platinum DLC.And start over again.
Only way to fix it, in my opinion, if Giants will roll out really good free map . With sharp map edges ( they are foggy now, but looking good on loading screen), with sheds we can open doors and use( game trailer has them but good luck to find your tractor there in the game).With roads network which makes some sense. With traffic on the roads like real life traffic. With mud piles on dirt roads. With rain making more mud on the roads. With hired workers finally working without problems. But good luck waiting on it.
pingu

Post by pingu »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:50 pm Let's say you want to buy PS4. You have seen comercials and made your mind. Paid for it and opened box. Connected to TV and found out half of futures did not work.
At this point you complain to the seller and demand a working product or the money back. If you don't, then why complain months later when you knew about it from the day you bought it?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
pingu

Post by pingu »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:35 pm
Bugs are legitimate to complain about. But as with a lots of others complaining endlessly, you state things that aren't bugs.

"sharp map edges".
Others thinks it's OK because they love the game. Why should your taste be satisfied by GIANTS and imposed on everyone?

"roads network which makes some sense"
In what way? If you refer to the standard maps, that is how they are laid out by the map designer. The same as Lone Oak Farm has it types of Oregon road network, and The West Coast has its type of British road network.

"traffic on the roads like real life traffic"
Describe real like traffic. Because I have yet to see a computer game with traffic like real life traffic. Hardly the main selling point of a farming simulator game.

"mud piles on dirt roads" "rain making more mud on the roads"
Would be nice. Bugs that needs to be fixed ASAP? Don't think so.

This is how GIANTS made the game. If you don't like it, then don't play it. Or make some mods that fix it to your personal taste.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Are you OK with traffic going 18 miles in hr?
Are you OK with sheds on your yard just for look ? Are you OK with waiting on MOD maps to play the game?
And complaining later is OK , because I waited for game fixes. How many posts here and on Steam, like" just wait for fixes, give developers a chance".
Are you OK with waiting for course play every year because helpers in the game are joke?
Are you OK with moders providing mods so game has replayability? What about most of players never use mods? How many console copies were sold and how many downloads on mod hub?
I told my opinion and you jumped on my post with your OPINION. And who knowns how many players will agree with me or you?
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

And I will do even better when FS 21 will be out. I will just keep my money. And it is coming from long time player. FS 11(PC),FS 13(PC),FS15(PC), FS17(PS4 and PC),FS 19(PC). Very sure a lot of players will do same. Because you can only milk same cow for so long.
Have a nice day.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

And here some games with good traffic GTA5, RDR2, ETS2,ATS for start.
Even some mod maps for FS15 and FS 17 had better traffic then vanilla. Lol.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:53 pm The difference here is GIANTS is actively trying to fix things
Not really. If you read the bug forum, they are basically only going to fix stuff that crashes the game or brings it to a halt. Almost all the modeling issues, sound issues, lighting issues and poor design choices have been slotted as "will not fix". That tells me they have resources concentrated on future DLC and are only making what they fill is the required effort to fix the game.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm And here some games with good traffic GTA5, RDR2, ETS2,ATS for start.
Even some mod maps for FS15 and FS 17 had better traffic then vanilla. Lol.
I hate to say it, but you're wasting your time hoping for the improvements you want. The company will always dance to their own tune, and don't seem to need any input. They need to get working on the mobile version now, and leave this in the modders capable hands.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

Go read the thread about sound being fixed. The word 'actively' does not apply here.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

I have proposed to myself not to comment on this subject anymore, but it is not okay to ignore what is wrong.

No one buys a broken product or an unfinished object because then you expect it will be repaired. People buy functional products.

It's about a product and a price. And legality. Of course no one forcing you to buy it. But when a price is displayed next to a product, it is assumed that the product is working fine or meets the quality standards. That's what it is in the civilized world. Otherwise you need some... good lawyers?... to explain why an already sold product does not meet the decent functioning requirements. Okay, here is not very important, it's a small game, a product about USD 30; or €. It's a small price, so no one will want justice or claim rights in court. But if you ignore the low price and refer to the same idea for a price of $ 30 million, things will change and somebody should have give another kind of explanation. And not on a forum.

It is disappointing how we are treated. Nobody answers, no one knows if a next patch will come again, when it will come, if they moved on to FS20 or 21. Or if FS19 was only a beta/patch for FS 21. For $30.

[WON'T FIX]God bless this product!
Benpe

Post by Benpe »

mirceast19 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm
I have proposed to myself not to comment on this subject anymore, but it is not okay to ignore what is wrong.

No one buys a broken product or an unfinished object because then you expect it will be repaired. People buy functional products.

It's about a product and a price. And legality. Of course no one forcing you to buy it. But when a price is displayed next to a product, it is assumed that the product is working fine or meets the quality standards. That's what it is in the civilized world. Otherwise you need some... good lawyers?... to explain why an already sold product does not meet the decent functioning requirements. Okay, here is not very important, it's a small game, a product about USD 30; or €. It's a small price, so no one will want justice or claim rights in court. But if you ignore the low price and refer to the same idea for a price of $ 30 million, things will change and somebody should have give another kind of explanation. And not on a forum.

It is disappointing how we are treated. Nobody answers, no one knows if a next patch will come again, when it will come, if they moved on to FS20 or 21. Or if FS19 was only a beta/patch for FS 21. For $30.

[WON'T FIX]God bless this product!
+1
Huge truth!!
pingu

Post by pingu »

mirceast19 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm
"I have proposed to myself not to comment on this subject anymore, but it is not okay to ignore what is wrong."

What is wrong or not, is not set in any universal rule. Or are you implying that your ethics are higher than others?

"No one buys a broken product or an unfinished object because then you expect it will be repaired. People buy functional products."

Of course. But not every product sold in the history of mankind has been perfect. That is why there are usually consumer rights. You find it defect from the start? Demand a refund/repair. If you don't, then that's your decision. Somehow somewhere, you as a consumer has to take some responsibilities in figuring out what your consumer rights are (in this case, regarding commercial software).

If you can prove that GIANTS deliberately sold you a defect product and broke the applicable laws for commercial software, then you should present your case. If you cant't, then you still have your consumer rights and can ask for a refund.

And then we have what you call "the decent functioning requirements". What are they? Please give us a complete list for FS19. Because others using the same products (i.e. copy of the code you talk about) can use it. They play FS19, enjoying it, sharing their experiences. Are they lying? Or is the "decent functioning requirements" in FS19 that GIANTS must adhere to, the same as what *you* think you should be able to do in the game or how *you* think should be able to play the game? Because, I also see people here posting about some serious bug. Then they get replies from others that they don't experience that bug and what one user think is a bug is in fact how the game is designed and meant to be played.

So if you think that GIANTS deliberately sold you a faulty product, then present facts about how the products should have worked. And good luck in finding consensus on how FS19 should work amongst those how use it...

"It is disappointing how we are treated. Nobody answers, no one knows if a next patch will come again, when it will come, if they moved on to FS20 or 21. Or if FS19 was only a beta/patch for FS 21. For $30."

Who are "we"? Are you representing an unknown number of others? I'm sorry you feel disappointed about FS19. I was too. But I know that I can't always get everything I want in life, so I don't play it for now. And as for your dramatic conclusions about GIANTS... They do answer some questions that are not just hostile, dramatic, demanding, ranting... But obviously they can't answer every single one. And speculating about the future is also kind of pointless if they are not sure about things. They may or may not release another patch. And if they do, they release it when they think it is ready. You just have to accept that.