Seasons??

redglasses

Re: Seasons??

Post by redglasses »

Oh man 9 day seasons sounds like torture, I only use 3 day seasons. Anything longer takes way to long for me.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

I used to do a lot of logging myself looking after animals and tending to the crops. I actually had a pretty good routine going getting up feeding mucking out the animals driving to the sawmill loading logs stacking up the planks and making beehives and growing apples. the worse part was winter pretty boring at times but I always found something to do.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I usualy used 3day, since 6 is a bit to long. I'd love a 4day season though
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

That’s how it is in real life too. Back when I was Dairy farming the work load in terms of the amount of tasks to do was much less than any other season. However, the tasks you did have to do took much longer due mainly to the weather. Only logging I did was cut firewood for the wood furnace or occasionally I would cut some locust trees for fence posts.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I always played on six days, with cows and pigs. The animals kept me pretty busy in the winter, with time sped up. In the spring I usually couldn't do much as I usually played geos with long winters. I always planted winter wheat, so it was pretty much all animals until late spring. I had one corn field, one root crop field and one soybean field. The rest had the aforementioned winter wheat, which is where I got my straw.

The summers flew by with all the grass work I had to do for hay and silage. I had harvests at different times as I was always doing a wide variety of crops because of the pigs. After all the crops were up, I would cultivate my fields and bed them down with manure or plant wheat.

I never found it boring, as a matter of fact, the slow times were a relief.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
masneoquil

Post by masneoquil »

I play different lengths.
I have a very "odd" way of playing, i recognize that. I don't play for money, you could say I'm cheating but I love to see the different machines working the field, so I set my own "difficulty" level.
I buy all the fields at the start, and I made an Excel spreadsheet with all the fields sizes. Then I calculate the average size of all fields and then I set the tool with maximum width for each field.
Finally, I start with the smallest tools, and work my way up.
At the beginning when I have to plow a big field, I start with 4 tractors working on that field, until I reach the level defined on my spreadsheet for that field. At that moment I use only one tool.
I upgrade my tools after the third year when I have to plow again.
Of course, I use Courseplay.
I like to play more like a manager.