The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

TheSwede

Re: The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

Post by TheSwede »

For now I take this as I don't have to give up just yet 😊
I so much want to have a go with the greens (jd).. And the new greens (claas) when they arrive woohooo.. And the dang good looking american trucks and trailers.. And lime.. And.. And.... And..hmmppff... WEED!! 😂
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:59 pm
TobiHH wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:23 pm Chris confirmed in the Discord Channel yesterday that they are still working on the sounds. Don`t know why they don`t announce an offical statement in this forum to calm down everybody.
It would flood the forums, if we were to do so all the time, with every issue people post.
That being said, we know that the topic of sound is hotly debated (to put it lightly). We've seen that and the sound team knows of it. They have also asked for specific feedback (which some have already provided so kudos from our sound folks for that).

Generally, the best feedback is specific feedback. With sound, the best is specific examples as to how a machine should sound like.
I really couldn't get that part.
The only reason for an FS gamer to subscribe this forum is to give feedback, to learn things and to get the latest official announcements and intentions on what the developer plans to the about specific issues.
So, how can "letting people know that a frustrating issue is recognized and being dealth with in the official forum" cause a flood in any way, shape or form?
Neglecting people here is actually causing the forum to get flooded with tons of same threads and same complaints.
Not everybody has time or will to use discrod.
Why are you keep pushing people to use it? Because thats what it is. Giving more information on discord and leaving your official forum unattended to (relatively) is pushing people to other channels.
PS5 / FS22
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

I don't even know what the heck discord is.. Not interested..
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's no easy way to say it but I agree with Chris and the simple reason is rational, lots of people would say ok thanks but for every 1 that does, another 10 or 20 will complain that nothing is been done and we go around in circles.
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

Guil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 am There's no easy way to say it but I agree with Chris and the simple reason is rational, lots of people would say ok thanks but for every 1 that does, another 10 or 20 will complain that nothing is been done and we go around in circles.
This might be understandable if it would not smell like you want to avoid any Giants comments that nail you on possible upcoming changes. Not to blame or flame anyone but a discord answer has a bit of the quality like when politicians produce "hot air" while a forum entry about the bad sound stuff would be far more binding for Giants.

In the german forums part the sound topic already reached 50 pages, for sure there is a lot of uneccesary stuff in it but also a lot of ideas how to increase the sound quality to let the vehicles sound more real in fs19. But users only discussing with users for months now leaves people with the bitter taste that it´s only a big but ignored cloud of ideas.
pingu

Post by pingu »

Agree with others here... Don't see why posting info here on forum.giants-software.com would be so hard. This is GIANTS site, right? It should be the first place where official up-to-date info for FS players are posted - not on some other platform or social media network. All FS players do not hang out on places like Discord just because they play computer games. And about people complaining... They will eventually complain here anyway regardless of where you post news (or what those news contain).

There is a forum section for "News and Announcements". Have a few threads there for different topics (graphics, sound, vehicles, etc.). Make sure only people from GIANTS can post on them. Use them as blogs where you just write new posts (long or short) when there is something interesting to tell the community about a bug that will be fixed and so on. Then users can discuss that in the "General Discussion" part of the forum, and there is no need for you to involve yourselves in those discussions. The main thing is that all users have a place where they can easy find the latest info from GIANTS, and they can also go back in the threads to see what you posted earlier on the topic and follow the development. I also think it would be easy to point users there in case they ask for the latest info in something.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

Honestly thought the entire point of a forum is to for the gamemakers to provide info on said game. All they had to do was make a topic say Hey we are still working on the sounds, and then lock it if they didnt want all the complaints. I dont feel like creating several accounts across different mediums to hear information about one game thats pointless and stupid honestly. The excuse of well i didnt post it in the forum because i didnt want to hear the backlash coming from someone who i assume is an adult and cand handle themselves as such is also a little childish imo. Not trying to be mean here just telling yall how alot of users see things like this.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:59 pm
TobiHH wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:23 pm Chris confirmed in the Discord Channel yesterday that they are still working on the sounds. Don`t know why they don`t announce an offical statement in this forum to calm down everybody.
....clipped....

Generally, the best feedback is specific feedback. With sound, the best is specific examples as to how a machine should sound like.
The CaseIH 1455 xl should sound like this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgyPidAWjM
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

I don't get it.. So many microphones, so many trips to different locations to get the correct sounds from every tractor possible, so many sounddesigners or whatever it's called and all this fancy software to be able to tune the recorded sound to be the best, to be awesome and to really make you feel that you are driving this big and tough machinery..
Yet, the sound is flat and digital and..lifeless.. I feel like, what happened?

https://youtu.be/EK2NMZIn4D4
PeterAH

Post by PeterAH »

@TheSwede, like you see at the pictures, most sound recordings they made at the courtyard and NOT at the field while the tractors are really hard working. And the sound designer before sometimes worked at the farm himself, the new sound designers not.
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

PeterAH wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:50 pm
Yes, that is very true!
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

I give up... :(
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

TheSwede wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:44 pm I give up... :(
I understand.
The sound is still (1.4) and by far the biggest disappointment of FS19.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
village80

Post by village80 »

55 of the sound files did change.

viewtopic.php?f=876&t=147847&start=90#p1149633
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

village80 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 pm 55 of the sound files did change.

viewtopic.php?f=876&t=147847&start=90#p1149633
Ok, will try again.. :smileynew: