The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

iB055

Re: The sound.. Please Giants, give us some answers..

Post by iB055 »

asyvan wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 pm
TheSwede wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:44 pm I give up... :(
I understand.
The sound is still (1.4) and by far the biggest disappointment of FS19.
Honestly there is only so much one can do to an audio recording of tractor sounds.

If your looking for real life sounds its probably best to just stick with real life tractors at this point as a computer simulator will never get it perfect.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

iB055 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 pm
I understand.
Honestly there is only so much one can do to an audio recording of tractor sounds.

If your looking for real life sounds its probably best to just stick with real life tractors at this point as a computer simulator will never get it perfect.
Well, FS17 wasn't very accurate compared to tractors irl. But it was WAY better than what we have now, in FS19. The tractors and machines in 19 sound dead.. And then we have the digital sound thing. The thing when you open your throttle and the sounds starts changing like you played soundsamples on a synthesizer.. Some tractors doesn't have that problem and others sound really awful. It's hard for me to describe what I mean.. I hope you understand :confusednew:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TheSwede wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:09 pm Well, FS17 wasn't very accurate compared to tractors irl. But it was WAY better than what we have now, in FS19. The tractors and machines in 19 sound dead.. And then we have the digital sound thing. The thing when you open your throttle and the sounds starts changing like you played soundsamples on a synthesizer.. Some tractors doesn't have that problem and others sound really awful. It's hard for me to describe what I mean.. I hope you understand :confusednew:
FS17 was far and away better in some aspects. However, I like the quietness when driving first person in 19. I wonder if some of the problems described here are because most people are using TV or computer speakers. I have a Visio sound bar with a sub hooked up to mine and the tractors and equipment certainly sound better than some people are describing. I don't get a "lawn-mower" sound and they don't sound dead. Most of them have a nice low-end rumble to them, especially when pulling. I can really hear the difference in a tractor's engine if it's going uphill with a baler running vs down hill. I couldn't tell in FS17.

But the "digital sound thing" as you called it, drives me nuts. It happens when you have more than one worker (at least on my game) going at the same time. *thumbsdown*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just tried a few tractors briefly and indeed the sound changed but the issue is that the sound does not really correlate to the gas input and this is what is bumming me out.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

It is just a matter of the sound recordings Giants used being bad. Too much other noise and not enough exhaust note.
I have some great mod tractors that really sound like a tractor should sound like. A good example is the Case Magnum 7200 series on Modhub, much better than the in-game version.
I also have a John Deere 8030 series from FS19.com that sounds brilliant working hard, and sounds accurate to big John Deeres I have worked with in real life.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

BullFarmer wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm It is just a matter of the sound recordings Giants used being bad. Too much other noise and not enough exhaust note.
I have some great mod tractors that really sound like a tractor should sound like. A good example is the Case Magnum 7200 series on Modhub, much better than the in-game version.
I also have a John Deere 8030 series from FS19.com that sounds brilliant working hard, and sounds accurate to big John Deeres I have worked with in real life.
If your talking about the one thats up on giants mod hub it has the exact same sound file and the big bud 450 does.....
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

iB055 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 pm
I understand.

Agreed, I do plenty of tractor work IRL and play a lot of fs19 in spare time.
I don't mind the sounds, yeah some things don't sound right but it is a game you simply enjoy what it does offer.
Anyway I don't want my game to be too realistic, real tractor work is not all that enjoyable
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:24 pm I wonder if some of the problems described here are because most people are using TV or computer speakers. I have a Visio sound bar with a sub hooked up to mine and the tractors and equipment certainly sound better than some people are describing. I don't get a "lawn-mower" sound and they don't sound dead.

But the "digital sound thing" as you called it, drives me nuts. It happens when you have more than one worker (at least on my game) going at the same time. *thumbsdown*
I have a 6 speaker surroundsystem including a subwoofer.. It sounds great on every other game I play.. But not this one..

The "digital sound thingy" is all the time.. It doesn't have anything to do with the number of workers..

For example, take the Big Bud 747. In FS17 It really sounded awesome, like the awesome tractor it is! Now the sound of it is completely destroyed. I cant stand it..
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

Nah, I'm gonna stop nagging about the sound. I guess it's the only thing I do on this forum.. After all, it's a game and nobody is forcing me to play it. And I've got lot's of work to do on 17 :gamer: and a good couple if maps that I haven't played yet. *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Giants have just dropped a bunch of updates on the ModHub for things like the Big Buds, Valtras, Challengers and a couple other of their vehicles to now have updated sound files.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TheSwede wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:53 am The "digital sound thingy" is all the time.. It doesn't have anything to do with the number of workers..
That must be a PS4 thing because mine only does it when I have 2 or more workers hired. If it's one or no workers, the sound goes from idle to wide open smooth without the "jumping". :hmm:

I updated the Big Buds, they don't sound any different. Maybe more in-cab noise but still nothing like FS17. I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't just use the same sound files for FS19.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I see all the updates for tractor's today...they have the same update as the in game ones from the 1.4 update. I have yet to hear anything different? Maybe more can noise? Still kinda disappointed
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Rollout of new sound updates is awesome thank you giants engine sounds seem to be linked to throttle input and in cab view sounds are louder
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Milkman85

Post by Milkman85 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:26 pm I see all the updates for tractor's today...they have the same update as the in game ones from the 1.4 update. I have yet to hear anything different? Maybe more can noise? Still kinda disappointed

Playing on a ps4 and the big difference I notice is that the tractors now don’t sound like a constant idle. The sounds themselves don’t sound much different as in they’re likely the same recordings as before the update. There is variation in the sound though depending on speed and is somewhat controllable now during acceleration or deceleration. Finally it’s an enjoyable game for me though some of the sounds are still missing or seem off, IE: Big Bud growl, any turbo whistles, and the semi tractors.
Virtual farming since FS2011
Currently on PS5
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Per: CaseIH 1455

Dear Giants,
Please use the sound file from FS17 on this tractor please. This tractor is supposed to have a deep diesel growl and sound bad for the environment, not like it was created on an electric keyboard.

Im all seriousness though. This was on 17 my favorite European small tractor. And the sound is just not what it should be. It honestly keeps me from using it. Subwoofers do help some of the tractors sound better. For example all the fendts sound better, but nothing helps the 1455.

I do appreciate Giants for trying to fix things. I'm hoping maybe on some of these, they go back to some on the sound files they used on 17 though that were a better match.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----