Do not express your opinion on this forum

agent_insidious

Do not express your opinion on this forum

Post by agent_insidious »

So I just had my thread locked by a moderator named Guil.

I was curious about why like animals of different colors could not breed in FS19.

He then accused me of accusing Giant's of being racists when I merely asked, "Is Giant's racist?"

In a private message, I asked him to unlock the thread and explained to him it was a simple question and not accusatory. He gives me this response:

"No it won't be unlocked. It was a rant and then you asked multiple times were Giants racist and then said it's retarded the way it is."

Apparently you are NOT allowed to have an opinion on this forum. Beware of the almighty GUIL!
chedly_farms

Re: Do not express your opinion on this forum

Post by chedly_farms »

People express their opinions all the time. It when people post like donkeys, is when there are issues.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You're opening post was idiotic at best and deserved to be locked. This new post/thread hasn't improved the situation one bit.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

In my opinion, when you ask the question you asked you are implying that their actions are based of “racist” predisposition or are least that is your theory. It is a rediculous accusation in the context and I support Guil licking your thread.

I hope he shuts this one down promptly as well.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

I have no idea why did you turn legit question into racism issue. This has been bothering me as well, why the brown cows can't breed with brown and white cows etc...but it has nothing to do with racism.
It was obvious bait so no wonder it got locked. And if you were really serious and not just trolling, I suggest visiting Tumblr. I've heard it's full of people who think the same way, aka SJW.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
pingu

Post by pingu »

agent_insidious wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:34 pm
Your question was OK and opinions here are OK, but the way you phrased it was just plain stupid.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Guil was totally in the right here, lol.
As everyone already mentioned, opinions are no problem. the phrasing of said opinions is the problem.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

plenty of people have aired their oppinions here.
It's most likely the way you do it...

(and, putting in a possible solution to your first question here : it might be because they see different colours as different breeds/races of the animals? you don't mix herford and belgian blue. so it could be just that, right? )
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

@ OP

First of all, let me tell you that on this planet any person can express his/her opinion freely. Second, I want to tell you that Guil did very well and I will explain you why:

While you have the right to express your opinion, at the same time that opinion should be polite without insulting anyone and anything. According of what you said, Guil answered in your private message that you mentioned many times the phrase " is Giants racists? " . I am NOT the lawyer of Giants nor the layer of Guil , but if I was a moderator I would ban you for 12 months !!

You have the right to express your opinion but at the same time you cannot insult anyone. That is not only for you but for all of us ; we have the right to express our opinion but we do not have the right to insult anyone.

OP, I hope next time when you will express your opinion you will keep it in a polite manner .
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

It's posts like these that are sinking this forum fast.....racism based on cows. A new low.... for now.
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

I think that if you have an issue with how a mod handled your thread then you should take it up with a higher authority rather than opening a new thread. In the case of moderators the go to person would probably be Chris
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

agent_insidious registered today, March 27, and is probably familiar with how other forums operate without regard for personal feelings hurt or insinuations made. I myself am not a fan of how FS19 separates the different colors of the same breed, because it requires moving to different screens for tracking animal needs. But the racial question drips with innuendo, and the word 'racist' is a very popular one to throw around these days. It's nearly the worst accusation that can be made given the political tensions, and should not be used lightly or in jest.
Last edited by FarmerJeff on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Surely it's up to the cows to decide who they find attractive and want to breed with anyway. :lol:
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Hello,
looking into the matter, the locking of the thread will be upheld. As it states in the Forum Rules: "Please try to keep a decent tone." If you want to discuss a topic, do it in a constructive manner and tone.
Furthermore, if you have complaints about actions of Moderators, these go to one of the Administrators of the Forums, so usually me.

If you keep creating topics trying to discuss the matter of your thread being locked, it'll be removed without comment.

/locked
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support