Serious issue with Poplar planter bug and new wood baler

TZ441

Serious issue with Poplar planter bug and new wood baler

Post by TZ441 »

So i wanted the use the new wood baler from the anderson pack and went to plant some poplars. The planter is bugged where it doesnt fill corectly from the pallet. I reported the bug to giants video and all (search Damcon Planter if u wanna find that thread) and got a Wont Fix. This is seriously bad because they just realease a 10$ DLC where once peice of equipment in it is now a huge pain to ise because the crop it is ment for cant be planted without trouble. This to me seems like a really bad decision from giants not to fix it and i thought id warn everyone. This seems pretty game breaking to me but i guess its not bad enough for giants to bother fixing it.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
JCByellowguy

Re: Serious issue with Poplar planter bug and new wood baler

Post by JCByellowguy »

The only way around the issue I found was after the pallet is considered emptied there is actually one seedling left. You have to manually plant the last seedling to clear the physical pallet from the planter. Then save the game and quit. When you reload the game the planter will accept a new pallet without issue.

This process has to be done each time you run a poplar pallet out and want to refill in the same play session. Even after the pallet physically clears from the planter it will still refill improperly in the same game session. Reloading the game is the only way I found to reset the planter to normal operation.

Why this isnt game breaking is beyond me? :hmm:
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

yeah all the little texture issues and stuff i can live with it has no impact on gameplay, but this? Come on, in my bug report i was esstially told that they know what is causing it but are to busy with other stuff that it wont be fixed in 19. My thoughta are is that the game is 4 months old and you already quite supporting stuff like this?!?!?! Ive loved the fs series but if this is the game support going forward the likellyness of me buying FS 21 is going down and down now.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

This issue with the damcon planter and poplar pallets was actually reported in the bug forum 2-3 months ago. I tried to find the bug report thread on it in the bug report archive but came up with nothing. This was a known issue shortly after the release of FS19.

Not fixing the issue before the dlc when it was already known has me scratching my head :confusednew: Then now saying it just wont be fixed at all is too bad. *thumbsdown*
Xbox One Farmer
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I'll start by saying I've never used the planter in FS17 or 19. Is this just an issue with loading pallets from the ground and is it possible to use a front loader to load them in the machine and not have this issue?
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:23 pm I'll start by saying I've never used the planter in FS17 or 19. Is this just an issue with loading pallets from the ground and is it possible to use a front loader to load them in the machine and not have this issue?
Its an issue with loading a new poplar pallet in any form after you have emptied the one on the damcon planter. The new pallet will not load onto the planter as a pallet but instead be loaded as seed and leave an empty pallet and a planter full of poplar but not functional
Xbox One Farmer
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Actually shocked that Giants won't fix this. As some of you have said they knew about this long before the dlc so they should have had it fixed in 1.3.

Would resetting it work? might save having to do the save and load option? I don't use the tree planter myself as I modded all seeders to plant all crops in the game.
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I did reload the planter yesterday. It worked fine and I hat not Problems at all. I had the helper driving and he emptied the planter. I refilled it and all was good. Did you drive by yourself or what happend (I cannot watch YT atm).
PS4 und PC
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

It will reload at the store no problem,it’s when you try and reload from a trailer of pallets or off a front loader
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:49 pm It will reload at the store no problem,it’s when you try and reload from a trailer of pallets or off a front loader
That is definitely a strange one. Would not be so bad if Giants could tell us why it's doing it as they say they know what it is as someone could make a fix for it as a mod
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Would be nice if they said well look into it but just to say won’t fix is a pi** poor response
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Going by what the poster said, a few posts above, if the pallet is on the ground no frond loader touching it, is there an issue? Like it would be on the ground at the store?

I want to do poplars, but I don't want to have a slot issue as I'm on Marwell on Console.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

No when I did it the only place it would refill s at the store. Best way is use a worker to buy seeds if you don’t want pallets all over the place
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I was on my Yard and the pallet was on the floor. No empty pallet at all. Will try it the next time and will hopefully save before that.
PS4 und PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:07 pm No when I did it the only place it would refill s at the store. Best way is use a worker to buy seeds if you don’t want pallets all over the place
I don't use workers though, except if I want a straight plow row. So this might be one of those very few worker jobs.

Do poplars grow back?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----