New Woodshire - Discussion

fenixguy

Re: New Woodshire - Discussion

Post by fenixguy »

That's true. If it's hay, it'll look like straw when you're baling. Dark green and light green are both still grass.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

Cj6wright wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:01 am
HighestTree wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 am
Cj6wright wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:13 am

Tried that shed, no luck. Also tried the main machinery shed at the yard near the sheep farm - bales rot away again. I’ll try building a shed somewhere or maybe have to turn off seasons - disappointing but anyway
Strange. I kept bales in the machine shed opposite and to the right of the farmhouse (looking away from the road behind it) and never had an issue.

Have you checked to be sure that you're not just making grass bales? I believe those will always rot.

EDIT: Granted, I play on Xbox. There could be some variances between platforms.
Definitely hay. Admittedly at first it was grass and I hadn’t used seasons for a while/played in general for a while and forgot.

Could maybe be the bales as well? I’ll buy a handful of straw bales from the store and put them in all the sheds I have and wait for it to rain and see what stick around. May then just got back to a normal baler if that works.

I’ll admit after hand stacking my hay bales neatly I was a bit annoyed when they all vanished literally an hour later when the rain started
I would be pretty annoyed too, honestly. Stacking bales takes time and wasting time isn't much fun.

The only other thing I can think of is where you're placing them, but I assume you're stacking them in the back?

Placement comes to mind because I once had a universal bucket for my front loader near the front and it filled with snow during the winter. Beyond that, I have no idea why you might be losing bales.

Sorry, mate. I wish I could be of more assistance.
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:28 pm Are you making grass bales? With seasons the bale needs to be more yellowish.
I already mentioned this and he said he's sure they're hay.
Cj6wright

Post by Cj6wright »

Definitely hay. I’ll buy some hay bales from the stores and put them in different sheds and see if they don’t rot. Could be because I’m using the small bales? Unsure.

I’ll try some normal sized bales instead of the small ones and see if they rot or not.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Cj6wright wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:38 pm Definitely hay. I’ll buy some hay bales from the stores and put them in different sheds and see if they don’t rot. Could be because I’m using the small bales? Unsure.

I’ll try some normal sized bales instead of the small ones and see if they rot or not.
Yeah might be the bale size
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

If you're using the little Massey/Fendt/Challenger kick baler, that may be the problem. I read somewhere that the bales have a compatibility issue with Seasons and were disappearing over the course of a night or two. I haven't worked up the nerve to test it myself and don't have a dedicated test map to do so, so I can't speak with 100% certainty. I may set up a quick test map over the weekend and try it out. It's been killing me not using that awesome little baler because of an assumption lol
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

Tyler62990 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:28 pm If you're using the little Massey/Fendt/Challenger kick baler, that may be the problem. I read somewhere that the bales have a compatibility issue with Seasons and were disappearing over the course of a night or two.
That's gotta be it, then

Cj6wright wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:55 am I’m using the Massey Furguson Hesston 1840 baler to get small bales.
I'm pretty sure the Massey Ferguson Hesston 1840 is a kick baler.
Cj6wright

Post by Cj6wright »

I’m using the Hesston 1840. I’m thinking that may be the issue - I’ll buy some normal bales and see if they rot or not.

And if they don’t then I’ll just use a standard baler, which is a shame because I was looking to hand stack bales and use the Mahindra ATV as a farm vehicle and transport stuff around. Until they make small bales compatible with seasons
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Cj6wright wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:58 am I’m using the Hesston 1840. I’m thinking that may be the issue - I’ll buy some normal bales and see if they rot or not.

And if they don’t then I’ll just use a standard baler, which is a shame because I was looking to hand stack bales and use the Mahindra ATV as a farm vehicle and transport stuff around. Until they make small bales compatible with seasons
If I get chance after work vill try with some on line Oak and see. I'll let you know if it is
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
Cj6wright

Post by Cj6wright »

Update re: bales.
It was the small bales that was the problem, bought some normal bales from the store and also leased a round baler and made a few hay bales.

Put a normal and small bale side by side in the shed opposite cow field. Small bale rotted away and normal bale stayed at 4000L while my hay bale outside was rotting (down to 3000L). Little wooden shed opposite sheep pasture doesn’t protect bales also.

So looks like I’m using a new baler now!