Old Stream Farm Discussion

Ntw1986

Re: Old Stream Farm Discussion

Post by Ntw1986 »

I have 20 chickens for 3 real life hours and not a single egg yet? Yes I have a full feed trough
Deora

Post by Deora »

I have one issue. I harvested field 5 and then wanted to plow it. But when I hire a worker to do it then it tells me that worker is ready. I also tried this on field 3 which I have harvested and here the worker is fine. I’ve used the Clearview Deutz with the Kuhn dc401 subsoiler. I also used the Fendt 515 with the subsoiler but it did not make any difference. Anybody else who is having this problem? Both fields had the ‘needs to be plowed’ state.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Ntw1986 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:42 am I have 20 chickens for 3 real life hours and not a single egg yet? Yes I have a full feed trough
Usually have to wait a day to start getting eggs.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Ntw1986 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:42 am I have 20 chickens for 3 real life hours and not a single egg yet? Yes I have a full feed trough
The chickens lay eggs normally, just wait for an in-game day.
Real life hours don't have any meaning for the game.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

My large field in the top area produced 4 Cotton Bales, so I bought the two bale semi-trailer and the Tatra (lowest slot count). Delivering them to the Spinnery proved interesting, especially the first time as I had to go all round the world to get out successfully! Second time wasn’t quite so bad as I took the second entrance and was facing the right angle exit which I negotiated successfully on the second attempt. Maybe the single bale trailer would have been a simpler proposition!

I also had some serious frame rate issues (PS4) after sawing up some trees (for a larger field near the start point - managed just over 5 hectares which does need some minor landscaping after the harvest). The place was littered with bits of trees and it did affect the frame rate. I did eventually clear them!
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

Brilliant map, the new additions from FS17 have made a big difference.

This was one of my favourate maps on FS17 and a big chunk of my well over 1k hours of FS17, to the point I keep going to areas on this version and confusing myself with the last one.
Farming the proper way, on PC.
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

Loving this - there's just enough still in place for the nostalgia element. But enhanced by the encroachment of the modern world on a town almost frozen in time - new store/BGA, with the old locations repurposed.
Since I've done the Favorit 511c and Fiat to death, I opted to sell and replace with a Massey 5700 (would have loved the old FS17 Massey pack for this map), but that means I really don't have a reason to use helpers yet. Central fields are small enough that I can do a multitude of jobs in a single session (2 hour harvests get old fast!). I like how there's (slightly) more space around the fields, the trees along field edges are high enough that you're not driven insane clipping your equipment cab against low hanging branches, such that you end up committing mass genocide on trees! And that the roads are a little wider so there's enough passing room against on-coming traffic.
JonAnderton

Post by JonAnderton »

Loved this map in 17!

Immediatly got to work and decided to merge a few fields... Cut a few trees but for the life of me I can't pick up any of the timber... It's like there's a force field around the trunks that repel the log forks.. anyone know if this is a map, mod fork or user issue??
CaptainBlack180

Post by CaptainBlack180 »

Loving the map, but just wanted to ask whether anyone else is having problems with the message 'terrain cannot be deformed here' on the large empty land at the top of the map? I'm trying to build a farm and install a wall around the outside but it's getting frustrating now as i get so far then get the message.
Xbox One
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

Can't sell my wool..
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
HenderikJan

Post by HenderikJan »

Deora wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:48 am I have one issue. I harvested field 5 and then wanted to plow it. But when I hire a worker to do it then it tells me that worker is ready. I also tried this on field 3 which I have harvested and here the worker is fine. I’ve used the Clearview Deutz with the Kuhn dc401 subsoiler. I also used the Fendt 515 with the subsoiler but it did not make any difference. Anybody else who is having this problem? Both fields had the ‘needs to be plowed’ state.
That is because the game thinks that it is cultivated, plow it first and then the workers do their lousy job no problem. The fields are not workers friendly anyway. Happy farming.
Fs17, Fs19 on Pc and PS4. Both with their own challenges and solutions :gamer:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I watched a couple let's plays on the map. Definitely has me tempted to give it a second chance given the right equipments makes it our way in the form of mods and DLC's.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

The map is good. I like the changes to the farm structures. I think the big land at the top was a bad idea though. I see a lot, if not most players cheating in a bunch of money and making an entire "map" with in a map up there. Large industrial farm setting that negates any reason to drive around and see the rest of the map.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually I think that top section of the map was implemented in a rather clever way ... if you dont want to use it it is easy to ignore it.
I for one will probably not use it ... or ... start a new game and use only that part to build my own farm and use the rest of the map only for the selling points ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

JonAnderton wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:20 pm Loved this map in 17!

Immediatly got to work and decided to merge a few fields... Cut a few trees but for the life of me I can't pick up any of the timber... It's like there's a force field around the trunks that repel the log forks.. anyone know if this is a map, mod fork or user issue??
This is due to how GIANTS designed the trees.

At around 0:40 in this clip you get an idea of what might be going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLbzitDKmGE

To avoid this, one should probably cut the branches a bit further away from the stem ?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5