Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one

Miura74

Re: Hazard Lights on PS4/Xbox one

Post by Miura74 »

... if they did fix this, pls Giants, add self-cancelling to the indicators left or right too. Simple thing, and so many times I go to switch it off again only to switch vehicle by mistake. Returning to find my other ride just slammed into a tree. I know on PC there was a mod at some point. But really ought to be base game.
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I would be curious if more modders will do what Blacksheep did and put it into the flashers options in the shop when buying a tractor.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

I don't see any problem about using the same combination for manage the pipe out-in in harvesters and the tip side in trailers, the harvesters doesn't attach trailers and in any case that could be solved using the tool selection for choose the combine or the trailer.

It has more sens that RB+pad manage the indicators, hazards and beacon lights
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

rmab79 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:57 am I don't see any problem about using the same combination for manage the pipe out-in in harvesters and the tip side in trailers, the harvesters doesn't attach trailers and in any case that could be solved using the tool selection for choose the combine or the trailer.

It has more sens that RB+pad manage the indicators, hazards and beacon lights
Except your can run a forage harvester pulling a trailer, and the tool selection makes no difference with the majority of controls. For example, you can pipe out when you have the harvester header selected. You can select indicators and hazards when you have selected anything connected to a tractor.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Yes but if there is overlap of the keybing has priority the selected tool, as example the cover of trailers is controlled with LB+DPad-left and only acts on the selected trailer when you have two or more in a train. In addition most of the trailer that can be connected with a forage harvester don't have tip side control.

Then I keep in the idea that the change would not have bad effects.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I said it a while back on another post. We have to press RB+B on Xbox to cycle through the lights, sometimes having to press it 4 to 5 times. They could do something similar with beacons and hazards combined. Hold RB+Up to turn on beacons, press up again to turn on beacons and hazard, press it again to have only hazards, and press it a final time to turn everything back off.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Just looking at it from a different angle, but this ‘discussion’ has been going on since at least fs17, and during this time the same solutions have been posted multiple times in various threads, along with comments saying how easy it would be to do it. (No idea if these are all from people who know how to code software or just assume that it’s only a button so must be simple)

Now if I worked at Giants and was in a position to make such a change, and it was as easy as everybody seems to think it is, I would have done it a long time ago just to shut everybody up/make people happy. They know it is something that a number of players in the game want as I have heard it mentioned in various streams from them, so there must be a reason why they haven’t done it.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:04 pm Just looking at it from a different angle, but this ‘discussion’ has been going on since at least fs17, and during this time the same solutions have been posted multiple times in various threads, along with comments saying how easy it would be to do it. (No idea if these are all from people who know how to code software or just assume that it’s only a button so must be simple)

Now if I worked at Giants and was in a position to make such a change, and it was as easy as everybody seems to think it is, I would have done it a long time ago just to shut everybody up/make people happy. They know it is something that a number of players in the game want as I have heard it mentioned in various streams from them, so there must be a reason why they haven’t done it.
Maybe Giants could explain the reason that makes that change impossible, maybe the point that is missing in the discussion is the Giants response or point about the problem, at least in this thread is no official response or possition about it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They mentioned the problems several times
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

eric21 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:05 pm They mentioned the problems several times
And it was...,

In this thread there are a couple of proposal at least, if the problem was overlapping the proposals could be valid if there is a deeper problem with the keybindings maybe is impossible...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

rmab79 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:46 pm If there is a deeper problem with the keybindings maybe is impossible...
Well the reason was that the problem was with the keybindings. It’s been the same reason every time they respond on the subject. Yet nobody seems to believe them 😆😆😆