How to cover silage bin

Ggorman

How to cover silage bin

Post by Ggorman »

Farming Sim 17 on Xbox One. I put quite a lot of chaff in the silage bin near the cow barn. The help says to fill it to at least 1%, then cover to create silage. How much is 1%? I have a little over a million now. In the Controls window, I still don’t see an option to cover. What am I missing?

Geo
chedly_farms

Re: How to cover silage bin

Post by chedly_farms »

I think you have to step out of the bunker, no machinery in it, then in the "help window" you will see the option to cover. A million liters should be more than enough.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
W1der

Post by W1der »

You can cover it with just a tiny amount of chaff even 1 000 is probably enough ... but you need to compact it to 100% before you can cover it.
The compacting percentage should be visible in the "help window".
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

Got it. Actually, I stepped into the bunker with no machinery in it. Then an option to “blanket silo” appeared. In previous versions I did this while in the compacting tractor. Now I need to back the tractor out and walk back into the silo. Thanks for the clues!