Valley Crest Farm Beta (4x Map).... Testing/Updates

muzickmage

Valley Crest Farm Beta (4x Map).... Testing/Updates

Post by muzickmage »

(Thread title changed)

Valley Crest Farm (4x map) is one of my favorite maps for FS17..... largely because of the mining that was a big part of the map production, great road system, nice buildings/structures, and all very well organized.

Valley Crest Farm (still 4x map) sees signs of life for FS19.... so far in beta. Uploaded yesterday for public testing. No mining added to the beta. Not sure yet if the mining part of the map will be returning but the mining structures are still there.... so... don't know yet.

(Testing the map)
After spending about an hour skidding the pickup truck around the map I can see much of the map coming to life. There's still a lot of work left to do (noticeably), such as texturing, ground leveling around buildings (ie; ranch), and access triggers to fix up (can't seem to buy gas at stations). So far, only the default fruit is listed for gameplay.

Taking the time to check out different areas of the map I can see clearly that a lot of work is going into making this map, and IMO, Valley Crest Farm is a must to watch for those interested in larger, more comprehensive gameplay.

Important to note:
..... When starting up the map you either own all the fields, or none of them. In New Farmer mode you own all the fields. In the other 2 modes you own none of the fields. Also, you can't buy or sell a single fields, or a few of them. You can only buy all of them for $100 million, or sell all of them for $100 million.

..... Not all the field parameters are set. Most fields are just grassy textures. You will need to use the "create field" option with the plow to create fields in these areas.

(Keep in mind the map is currently in beta status for testing)

(Works As Should)
Am able to sell wheat, barley, oats, canola, sunflower, soybean, and corn at 4 out of 5 selling points. The Central Grain Elevator needs to be fixed.... can't find it.

Sawmill works perfectly. Sold logs and woodchips without issue. Also, the lake at the sawmill gives free water by backing in a water trailer (beside woodchip sale point).

(Not Working)
The triggers for the fueling stations don't work. I tested 3 fueling stations with a tractor, and the ThunderCreek FST 990 fueling trailer. However, a placeable fuel station worked fine.

(Other)
….. The Pacific Grain Elevators seem to be disabled due to lack of train activity on the map. Train tracks run throughout the map, And a train is visable to the east of the map, but the train isn't active.

..... Can sell most buildings from main farm. No animals on map when starting new profile in either start-up mode.

….. AI traffic speed is 22mph

I don't have everything on the map tested (still testing things) but so far I haven't noticed anything serious that would render the map (as is) as unplayable. As noted above however, you will need to download a placeable fuel mod because the in-game fueling stations don't work yet (no working triggers)

http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... fach-beta/
Last edited by muzickmage on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:41 am, edited 23 times in total.
wiseguy49

Re: One of my favorite maps sees signs of life

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'm assuming the mining will probably be added back in when the folks at LS-Modcompany release the GlobalCompany (new factory) script. Hopefully by the end of this month but who knows...
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I assume so as well.

That script is holding a lot of map makers back. We're already reaching 4 months since FS19 release (just 19 more days away). Having to wait another month or so for the script to be offered to modders, and another month or so for the modders to put some ideas together on a map, we're looking at maybe 6 months post release of FS19.

6 months isn't a long time in the video gaming world.... unless we're talking about FS which only has a 2 year recycle life.... rather than 5-7 like most games.

Come January (just 9 months from now) i'll be half playing FS19 and half searching for news of FS21.

Just saying.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Pretty sure that script takes a hell of a long time to write and test . Not exactly a couple.of week thing. Same as seasons. Awful lot of work goes in to that mod and that will be later this year.
Not sure what you expected.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

What *should* be expected is that Giants writes the factory script into the default game. Then all users, including console, can enjoy the benefits of fermenting silos, making your own seeds/fert, TMR/pigfood makers, breweries that make beer, ETC. The fact that they rely on modders to do that for them is the problem.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yeah that'll run with no lag on consoles.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I'm not sure, but I think Giants needs permission to add scripts to consoles.

But I do agree that Giants could include the scripts to PC versions of the game. Especially since Giants does rely a lot on modders.
muzickmage

Re: Valley Crest Farm Beta (4x Map).... Testing/Updates

Post by muzickmage »

Wow, with the landscaping tool, plus tree and bush mods, I am getting this beta map looking pretty good. I just finished building my sheep farm. Double pen, warehouse buildings, roads, trees, and bushes are all setup.... and 2 little grass fields directly to the east and south of the sheep area. It's looking pretty cool people. Tomorrow I work on getting some sheep purchased.

You know what's going to happen now don't ya's... lmao. Buddy is going to upload the ready-to-play v1.0 of this map with a bunch of new stuff added, and i'm going to have to start all over ... lol... what a rat race.
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Is this project DOA?
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
farmergarv

Post by farmergarv »

love the map but cannot seem to get the mining to work can you please advise. yes I have brought the mine aswell. wont let me dig anything and nothing shows up in the mines.
HMLfarm

Post by HMLfarm »

I also have same issue, great map, but i also cant load any of the piles, would love to know what i am doing wrong. hope for some feedback.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

This thread appears not to relate to the version released on the official ModHub, look at the date of the first post ... 1st April 2019 ... a year ago tomorrow.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Dock1976

Post by Dock1976 »

Can some one tell me how to get the mines to work on valley crest 1.4.4 map fs19
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

I have a YouTube channel where I show the mining stuff working.