More Field Stages

redglasses

More Field Stages

Post by redglasses »

With the introduction of weeds and lime in this version of the game, I’ve thought of some more stages that could be added.

-Plowed state, required after X crop and after 3-5 harvests (Use plow or subsoiler)
-Cultivated state, requires after every harvest (Can’t seed yet!) (Use subsoiler or disc or SOME cultivators)
-Seedbed state, required to plant or drill your crops (Use some discs or cultivators or a power harrow)
-Seeded state, time to plant (Use planters or drills)
-Two fertilizer states (Use a sprayer or fertilizer spreader or slurry spreader) (Note: Manure can be used, but must be cultivated before being seeded over)
-Lime state, required after X amount of harvests (Use lime spreader, cultivate before seeding)
-Small weed state (Remove with a weeder in the first 2 growth stages)
-Large weed state (Remove with herbicide in any growth stage)
-Harvest state, when growth is 100% you can harvest (Use appropriate harvester)
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Tyler62990

Re: More Field Stages

Post by Tyler62990 »

That's pretty much how I play already. Would be nice to have in game so I didn't have notebook papers reminding me of what I'm doing lol. On the plus side, the extra fieldwork keeps things interesting until seasons is released.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

u have only added one extra field state and prerequisites to some of the next steps (the prerequisites should be a thing anyway and I always roleplay it.. I would never seed a field with fresh lime or manure on it.. I always turn the soil after the applications of each (I usually apply lime in the same step as my fertilizer and turn the soil in the next step)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh I forgot to add
-Moisture stages, crop must not get too dry or it will die (If it rains you don’t have to spray as much water, if it doesn’t rain you’ll have to spray more)
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

im sure seasons will affect some of this
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Pretty much all of those states are already in the game.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Personally, I feel like GIANTS has struck a good balance between complexity and progression. Too many field states, and you might turn away some people who just can't be bothered with "yet another" pass with "miscellaneous implement". The other element becomes the additional burden on the back-end processing, as each additional state imposes additional demand.

That being said, I'm all in favour of adding such complexity, so long as the user retains control of their gameplay experience in this regard (akin to plowing, lime and weeds - all are optional), AND so long as it doesn't necessitate reductions to existing gameplay mechanics in order to balance performance.
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

I would really like moisture field stages. It's a lot of dry weather and very little rain. Should require us to spray the fields with water now and then to save the crop.
For example: Spray 1 time each growing stage or every second (at least 2 times during growth), and if it rains you don't need to spray water at that growing stage and the next.
And the weather behavior should change to fit the gameplay (f.ex it will never rain for longer than one growing stage (6 hrs), but it can rain in two growing stages (ex 3+3 hrs)).
PC
Norway
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

warz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:54 pm I would really like moisture field stages. It's a lot of dry weather and very little rain. Should require us to spray the fields with water now and then to save the crop.
For example: Spray 1 time each growing stage or every second (at least 2 times during growth), and if it rains you don't need to spray water at that growing stage and the next.
And the weather behavior should change to fit the gameplay (f.ex it will never rain for longer than one growing stage (6 hrs), but it can rain in two growing stages (ex 3+3 hrs)).
Or maybe have an irrigation system which is what most farmers would use anyway!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I was told an irrigation system would bring the game to a halt due to the complex-ability of how things work now.
Other games can do it, but I guess this engine can't handle it.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

I have a patience limit on working fields which, if exceeded, turns FS into less like fun and more like work. Currently I cultivate with the big blue Lemken cultivator, seed with the Lemken sower, lime when necessary, always spray herbicide, spray solid fertilizer twice, plow when necessary, weed if I have no alternative, then finally harvest, up to nine passes if I’m especially unlucky. I sometimes fondly remember as few as three passes in FS13 - sow, spray, harvest. Those were the days.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

FarmerJeff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 pm I have a patience limit on working fields which, if exceeded, turns FS into less like fun and more like work. Currently I cultivate with the big blue Lemken cultivator, seed with the Lemken sower, lime when necessary, always spray herbicide, spray solid fertilizer twice, plow when necessary, weed if I have no alternative, then finally harvest, up to nine passes if I’m especially unlucky. I sometimes fondly remember as few as three passes in FS13 - sow, spray, harvest. Those were the days.
If you turn off ploughing, lime, and weeds, and use a direct seed double shoot drill, you can eliminate most of those passes. Of course you could also just play any other game if your goal is to not drive virtual tractors in a virtual field :biggrin2: