Brand equipment

Jagtractor

Brand equipment

Post by Jagtractor »

Ia there a reason we don't see any of the big brand equipment ever. I'm talking about seeders or cultivators, We've had Case forever now and now New Holland has been around a while and with the introduction of John deere, i was hoping for some more field equipment as well. They all make great cultivators /seeders and others things.

I think it's great to have vaderstad and kuhn and horsh to name a few. But holy cow am i ever tired of seeing that horsh pronto and maestro. And you're forced to use them basically cause its a good stepping stone to the bigger seeders. And some maps just don't really need big seeders. So here i am. Using my horsh pronto seeder, that I've used for 6 years now, in mercury farms. And my next upgrade will be to the condor (also 6 years running).

It makes me want to cheat money in (which I hate doing) but im so tired of using this same old equipment that I feel i have to try to bypass it by any means necessary.

We got that new vaderstad tempo planter. (yeahhhhh finally a new seeder) but wait..... Only 1 new seeder? This is farming simulator. Where is the new equipment to put my crop in.
Do Giants only have licenses for the tractors and not the equipment side of things?

I am grateful for the big Seedhawk and terminator and greatplains seeders they brought in in 17 but those for me are not used for a very long time until I think it's realistic for my farm to need it. I just think we could use some more middle of the road seeders in game. And we have lots of brands that have a huge lineup of equipment that just never seems to get used.

Also. 3meter seeders don't count.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
trey53

Re: Brand equipment

Post by trey53 »

It's most likely about licensing and the amount of money the companies charge for them. It isn't cheap.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Jagtractor wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:40 am Ia there a reason we don't see any of the big brand equipment ever. I'm talking about seeders or cultivators, We've had Case forever now and now New Holland has been around a while and with the introduction of John deere, i was hoping for some more field equipment as well. They all make great cultivators /seeders and others things.

I think it's great to have vaderstad and kuhn and horsh to name a few. But holy cow am i ever tired of seeing that horsh pronto and maestro. And you're forced to use them basically cause its a good stepping stone to the bigger seeders. And some maps just don't really need big seeders. So here i am. Using my horsh pronto seeder, that I've used for 6 years now, in mercury farms. And my next upgrade will be to the condor (also 6 years running).

It makes me want to cheat money in (which I hate doing) but im so tired of using this same old equipment that I feel i have to try to bypass it by any means necessary.

We got that new vaderstad tempo planter. (yeahhhhh finally a new seeder) but wait..... Only 1 new seeder? This is farming simulator. Where is the new equipment to put my crop in.
Do Giants only have licenses for the tractors and not the equipment side of things?

I am grateful for the big Seedhawk and terminator and greatplains seeders they brought in in 17 but those for me are not used for a very long time until I think it's realistic for my farm to need it. I just think we could use some more middle of the road seeders in game. And we have lots of brands that have a huge lineup of equipment that just never seems to get used.

Also. 3meter seeders don't count.
:this: Yeah what he said.

trey53 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:01 am It's most likely about licensing and the amount of money the companies charge for them. It isn't cheap.
May not be cheap but I still feel they could get significant returns on their investments.

Basically we still have most of the same equipment since FS15. Time to make some new investments and expand on some other brands as the continuous use of the same things time and time again make the FS series less and less enjoyable to play.

I would even be open to purchasing Case or John Deere DLC with more of their mid sized implements.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

trey53 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:01 am I would even be open to purchasing Case or John Deere DLC with more of their mid sized implements.
Yup. New Tractors are fun and all but If your pulling the same thing were pulling 2 or 3 games ago it kinda doesn't feel that special. Vaderstad make a rapid 800s. Great plains make a 9m seeder. We have lots of great seeders options from theae brands we already have. Plus some tractor brands have seeders too.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Its probably licenses but ARM team brought us that sick Case IH ripper for fs17 so maybe we can hope for some more American implements.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I agree completely...all the brands we have in the game make great equipment to pull it would be nice to see some. Like stated above, that case I'm ripper was one of my favorites
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Can someone actually confirm that Giants has to pay more money to CaseIH or AGCO if they want to make a new planter for the game. Being that a modder just yesterday created and Giants released two John Deere forestry machines, I can't really think that either the modder or Giants had to pay more money to get that released. Seeing as how on PC only side of things, they can release things that do not have a license altogether.

So I guess what I'm saying, is can someone who actually knows, not us forum goers who actually have no idea, confirm or deny that if Giants wants to create a John Deere planter they actually need to pay a licensing fee for more equipment?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
crash

Post by crash »

Cultivators and such have been changed around some. Seeders on the other hand is still mostly the same. I would love a 6 meter amazone, or a horsch other than the dc9.. Lemken has some nice options around the 9m width. I tend to stay with the high speed dc9, but some change would be nice..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

My understanding is modders can make mods for any brands that are licensed in game for consoles, but giants have to have licences for individual items for things they add (maybe more licences for certain ranges etc). Probably due to the fact that giants technically make money from what they add to the game whereas modders don’t.

PC is generally an anything goes because it can’t really be controlled.

There was a post somewhere on the forum that explained it, can’t remember when it was though.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

how doesn't Giants make money from mods? They are a selling point to the game, just like in game stuff. I'm not trying to be difficult. Nor am I trying to be "that guy", but when a post starts with "my understanding" is a post that isn't stating any actual facts.

And the whole PC is generally anything goes because it can't be controlled statement doesn't make a lot of sense considering, they test everything that goes to ModHub, and they place it there themselves, so yes, it is controlled.

Which now I will revert back to my first post, can anyone who actually know how this works, either deny or verify that Giants has to payoff a license on every single piece of equipment added to the game. Or is there just a blanket license that covers everything under each brand.

brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

☝️👍
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I would also buy a DLC for more equipment. I purchased the Khun and Big Bud packs for 17 just for the equipment. I really didn't need half of the equipment in the Anderson DLC but I purchased if for the other half of the pack. I'm sure there are other people in the same boat and I'm sure it proves that equipment packs are viable.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:01 pm how doesn't Giants make money from mods? They are a selling point to the game, just like in game stuff. I'm not trying to be difficult. Nor am I trying to be "that guy", but when a post starts with "my understanding" is a post that isn't stating any actual facts.

And the whole PC is generally anything goes because it can't be controlled statement doesn't make a lot of sense considering, they test everything that goes to ModHub, and they place it there themselves, so yes, it is controlled.

Which now I will revert back to my first post, can anyone who actually know how this works, either deny or verify that Giants has to payoff a license on every single piece of equipment added to the game. Or is there just a blanket license that covers everything under each brand.
As far as mods go, it's doubtful GIANTS has to pay for a license for each mod added to the modhub. However, in most cases, game makers have to pay a certain amount for a license that usually includes very specific rules about what they are and aren't allowed to put in the game. That's why GIANTS can't just add every single tractor in a certain brand's lineup to the game currently. Now, if they paid for all of those licenses they could, but it appears they haven't done that yet.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^if anything I would say that the licensing is based off of percentages. Being that all these brands are included in the game, I would say companies licensing fees are based of of the percentage of their product in the game. By I am now running down the road of speculation which just leads people to state their opinions not facts, so I'll digress.

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:01 pm
Technically they make money off selling the game. Anything they include in the game can be classed as contributing to the value of the game. Yes, they won’t make anything off you or I if they add it now, but saying they don’t make any money off new players buying the game is like saying they didn’t make more sales because of John Deere being in the game.

PC mods can’t be fully controlled by Giants. PC users can download mods from multiple sites without having to use the mod hub, and mods off external sites don’t go through Giants testing.