PGR silwno train problem

richnshaz

PGR silwno train problem

Post by richnshaz »

Hey folks just wondered if anyone has done this bit off a school boy error on my behalf
I filled both trains up with canola and not realised that only one train goes to the train mill the other goes to sugar mill now am stuck with four wagons filled to the brim and moneys getting a bit tight is there any way off getting my wagons empty
STONED PARTSGUY

Re: PGR silwno train problem

Post by STONED PARTSGUY »

You can use the 480l silo mod, spin it around and put the grates where you empty rite over the tracks and then unload the train into the silo and transfer to the other train using a truck or another silo with the spout facing the tracks.. i do this on the west side of the main farm in the middle where the two tracks are.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

STONED PARTSGUY wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 pm You can use the 480l silo mod, spin it around and put the grates where you empty rite over the tracks and then unload the train into the silo and transfer to the other train using a truck or another silo with the spout facing the tracks.. i do this on the west side of the main farm in the middle where the two tracks are.
That’s a great idea, I put 70,000l of corn on the west train before I realised. Just placed the silo and it works great.
Everyday’s a school day.
STONED PARTSGUY

I found that trick in the fs reddit, I went looking for a way to unload trains because I wanted to use the western train to haul soybeans. I haven't been able to get both trains to unload into one silo even though it looked perfect when placed it over the tracks it seems to only allow one train or the other to unload. But you can fit 3 of those 480k double mod silos in that placable spot on the west side of the main farm. I have also placed a silo in the lower left corner of the map to unload and the lower middle of the map to unload also. I only farm soybean so when the price drops I like to store it.
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

Worked a treat thank you stoned partsguy
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

I got both trains to unload in same silo by turning the silo slightly at an angle. Then placed two more to load over each track. Then got thinking, why not put silos near the sell points on the tracks and managed to get it to work. Bulk haulage is now pretty easy.
STONED PARTSGUY

I did the same, put a silo in the southwest lower corner rite across from the sell point over the tracks then i just truck it across the street into the grain elevator, then became addicted to adding silos all over the place. You also can load the trains directly from the fields with the 70k tracked auger grain cart, the fill pipe will reach all the train cars but it will slightly lift the cart which is kind of unrealistic but its a really convenient and efficient way of loading t.he train thats parked next to the field im harvesting.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Hi playing on PGR Silwno loving the map bit got a problem on where to store loose grass apart from in trailers I can't find a silo that stores loose grass for cows and sheep. I have some grass bales for now which I can store in shed but for example Alien Jim's all in one silo would be good here or maybe update existing silos just a little minor detail but would make all the difference as map fantastic
Thankings in advance :biggrin2:
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

If your talking about FS17 the USA map in the center of the map there is one silo that can reach both trains.