eric21

Re: Slots

Post by eric21 »

Yeah it's one slot
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No not just 1 slot for all of them.
It depends on how many slots is the first one.
If it is like 10-20 slots then the second one is just 1.
But if the first one is like 30-40 slots then the second one is 2 or even 3.
There is a ratio but I can't be specific on the limits.
PS5 / FS22
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

I think I have a john deere tractor that will be 2 slots if I buy another. I think it was the 6250r.
FS 22 and loving it.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I understand level of detail raises slot counts. Here is something i don't understand. House trailer as a sleeping area high slot count. House trailer as decoration vastly lower slot count. Only difference between the two is one you can sleep in and the other you can't. So sleeping area function must cost a lot right? Nope. A set of lawn chairs for sleeping area 1 slot count. No matter how you do the math it doesn't add up. And thats what peeves me about slot counts.
Brogo83

Post by Brogo83 »

I fully agree to the previous post.
All the base game weights are worth 5 slots. Most modded ones are less. The base game frontloader attachments are 5 slots each. Modded ones have less.
The new Seed Tender 10T from the Horsch Pack has 1 slot. This thing is far more detailed and has a lot more functionality than any weight.

I do understand the concept of this system in regards to limited console performance. But the process or result of slot count assignment seems a bit odd here and there.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The slot count is purely based on memory usage as this is the hard limit we run into. If the game runs at just 2fps, it won't be nice, but it quite different to just crashing (which would happen if we use more memory that what is available). So functionality won't require more slots but more detailed geometry and textures will.
Generally, we try to create textures/geometry according to importance/size of objects, but thats not always possible. So there are some vehicles that are quite small, but still use more slots than much larger or seemingly more complex objects.
If you buy a second instance of an object, the textures/geometries don't need to be loaded twice, so the addition memory needed is quite small usually resulting in just 1 slot per additional instance.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Also I think some mods have had problems initially, like the high slot count trailer home may have.

On Mercury farms the silage bunker was initially around 70 slots down to some kind of glitch. Alienjim fixed it on an update and it’s now 1 or 2 slots as it should be.

I think similar happened on another map where the grain silo was over 60 slots for no apparent reason.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Well I think part of the problem is they cant see how many slots it will be when they're making it. Because they cant test it on consoles. So they will only know how many slots it uses when it gets passed for consoles.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The slot issue isn't cool at times. But I don't have a choice, so I make the best of it. Plus the last thing I want is a modder "dumbing down" mods to reduce the slot count. It's the price I pay for the ease of using an Xbox. I'm not saying it's better than PC, but where I am in life, it's easier to play on the telli.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Guil wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am I'm nearly sure they have to be the exact same configuration but not sure, maybe someone on console can test it?
No any configuration will be fine just as long as it same brand and model( engine doesn't matter either)
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I don't get how this slot system works? First i am PC player, i do not have console, but i will make an example on PC here how things work (in my opinion):

1. Players downloads the mod, it will be placed on the hard drive, usally mod takes a room around 50MB on hard drive, so it uses the hard drive
space, what you can usally use for games. Let's say you have 100 mods, each of them 50MB, you use 5GB of Harddrive space. For example I have 300 mods, what use around 20GB space.
PS4 and XB1 has around 1000GB of space. So should be not a problem.
2. After you enable/disable the mod, it will be loaded into the game, here is where the mod really starts to matter on PC, but since so far you have not bought this
equipment or loaded the map, it is just sit there in shop like another image/data. So it is still uses harddisk space mostly, not counting as RAM/SLOTS!
3. After you load the map and all the bought equipment on it, RAM/SLOT usage starts to count, more different machines you buy and they are all together on the same place, more badly the game start to run. For PC it does not matter, it is a mod from modhub or DLC. They both take the resources away. Also to mention, if you have in game camera turned into the place, where are more equipment together in one place, the game starting to run more bad, this means use of more videomemory and power.

So, slot should work like, how many pieces of tractors/equipment you can buy from shop, before it will be full?
SolidRizzo420

Post by SolidRizzo420 »

Ok so we have slots that’s not the issue what I think is the issue is how high some of the slots are on some machinery and tractors and this is what Annoys most of use console players they need to do something for us console users before ppl stop playing and buying this game and it’s a shame because it is a brilliant game
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

SolidRizzo420 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 pm Ok so we have slots that’s not the issue what I think is the issue is how high some of the slots are on some machinery and tractors and this is what Annoys most of use console players they need to do something for us console users before ppl stop playing and buying this game and it’s a shame because it is a brilliant game
It's been explained so many times, over and over.
Console players will continue to be annoyed until they realize that certain graphics, animations and data require more room in memory. By memory, I don't mean Hard Drive, I mean RAM. Slots are based on RAM, which on console, is limited. Do yourself a favor and lookup RAM on Google to get a better understanding.
You know how some games on your Hard Drive take up more space than others? Well some machines take up more space in your RAM. Once the RAM is full, that's it, no more room for new machines.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

So you want lower quality in mods then.
SolidRizzo420

Post by SolidRizzo420 »

There must be something they can do to stop it being so high and not by Lowering quality mods